Larry and Maria

Fiancé(e) I-129F Petitions Recalled by DHS

90 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am SO pissed - how stupid can they be?

It's not like they didn't know this was coming but they still couldn't get it together enough to send the questionnaire? They couldn't be smart enough to send an email with this information directly to each petitioner who set up an online account and provided an email address?

No wonder there is no email address to contact the service center - we would bombard them with hate mail.

I would like to find out who I can send this "hate mail" to. Cause I sure have a few words to say about the incompetence :bonk: of our immigration system, especially if the law was signed a YEAR EARLIER!!!!! :ranting:

Absolutely!!!

I just e-mailed my senator from Michigan. I just needed someone to complain to! I told her all about how peoples petitions are being recalled, and interviews being cancelled, petition approvals being delayed, and how badly we want some answers, and accountability from our government agencies. Who knows if it will help, but at least it's a voice heard (maybe!).

When you get that "hate mail" email address, let me know what is it... :)

I think we should get the address at the white house and email BUSH in big black bold letters: "We knew you weren't the smartest of them all.....but really did you bother to read this law or at least inform your subordinates on how to properly implement it damn it!!" :protest:

Oh yes, I agree! There is incompetence on all levels of government... including the level that deals with extra-terrestrial/english translation with our president.

Piggybacking at it's worst... and don't you feel so helpless at times to do anything about it all?

I am almost beyond hope at this point. It just seems that right when I get excited about something (so close to getting our NOA2), there is another roadblock (we tried the H1-B route before... even more painful, impossible, frustrating, and time-consuming).

I would love to walk into someone's office at the USCIS, and simply waste THEIR time, as they do to all of us.

Do you guys think the petitioners will receive only these documents to provide their criminal records or a whole new I129F will be needed later on?

Ha, I hadn't even thought of that. Best-case senario, we will recieve an updated I-129 to fill out. I couldn't imagine sending the whole damn thing again! All those photocopies!!!

What I am concerned with is the timliness of this new, updated I-129... they still have to create it, then send it out to everyone (this should have been done months ago), apparently. Not to mention process it when they do get it, then finally issue an approval. Who knows? Time will tell I suppose.

March 9, 2006- Sent NOA1

March 13, 2006- Received NOA1 from NSC

March 23, 2006- Touched

June 1, 2006- Petition sent from NSC to CSC

June 2, 2006- Touched

June 3, 2006- Touched

June 14, 2006- Notice from CSC that petition was received

June 15, 2006- Touched

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think the petitioners will receive only these documents to provide their criminal records or a whole new I129F will be needed later on?

As I said in a previous thread. I think this could have been handled by the consulate rather than send the cases all the way back to the service centers. All one has to do is take a trip down to the local police station (if they still do police checks) and they should have provided the forms online (they only need to add only a few things to the I 129F). Then it could have been sent directly to the consulate from the petitioner. A delay of what a couple of weeks at best thereby eliminating any backlog of petitions that the service centers are gonna have. Maybe I need to work for them...nah..probably get fired for having too much common sense. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don´t think they would release a statement before having the new document ready to go.

I think they realized theeir mistake, wondered abou what to do, held the aplications, decided what to do, recalled the petitions back and are now ready to review the cases.

But what do I know.. I wouldn´t think they would make such mistake in the first place..

I think it´s very important that us who had the petition sent back keep checking the status of our petition online on a daily-basis.

I´m also hoping that the USCIS officers were informed today of all this and can give us information.

The question now is:

ARE YOU STILL HOLDING APLICATIONS OR YOU HAVE THE NEW DOCUMENT READY TO BE SENT TO THE RECALLED PETITIONERS?

As I said in a previous thread. I think this could have been handled by the consulate rather than send the cases all the way back to the service centers. All one has to do is take a trip down to the local police station (if they still do police checks) and they should have provided the forms online (they only need to add only a few things to the I 129F). Then it could have been sent directly to the consulate from the petitioner. A delay of what a couple of weeks at best thereby eliminating any backlog of petitions that the service centers are gonna have. Maybe I need to work for them...nah..probably get fired for having too much common sense. :whistle:

I heard the same thing from the Consular Officer in Rio today.

She said she thinks they could have easily do this without recalling petitions, but let´s say a particular case do not meet the new IMBRA law? Then they will need the petition back..

Well.. they have recalled it already. There´s nothing we can do but be sorry for ourselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah this is crazy I am not sure how long this will hold everyone up now! I was getting so close with a NOA1 of March 14th and people were getting them on the 10th and 13th and then it comes to a halt. For all the people already approved and held up I feel for you all!

The other sad part on top of how long its going to be holding us all up is all the new people who are sending in there I129F's and there glady taking the money from them from what I can tell as there people are still getting the odd NOA1 but yet no sign of this new form they are to use.

So all these people continue to send in forms with one strike against there time line right off the hop by the sounds of it which is crazy in itself. If they dont get this up and out there right away its going to be an issue that will continue for months down the road for everyone as the "wrong" information continues to flow in wouldn't one assume?

Also with the name checks and such that they currently do it seems a little crazy that they are to send out a form for criminal records background when it appears they already have the ability to gather this on you am I correct?

Finally it seems as though they should not be recalling and delaying everyone as there should be some sort of grace period in here. They were given the couple of months to get a form out there and inform the public of any changes to the system but failed to do either of these,and are continuing to take the incorrect form as the new one does not appear to be available so surely some sort of grace period should be put in place as the agency as usual was incompent and ill prepared for change. Thats just my thoughts but I mean then again if it has any sort of logic they wont be using it!

Good luck to all for a quick resolution! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi

Is this new law will affect petitions filed on or after March 6? or will affect all petitions filed before March 6?

Bill

AOS JOURNEY BEGIN

10-18-2006 - MAILED I-485/I-765/I-864/G325A

10-24-2006 - I-485/I-765 NOA1

10-27-2006 - AOS/EAD TOUCHED

11-07-2006 - EMAIL RFE FROM USCIS

11-09-2006 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT

11-16-2006 - MAILED BACK THE RFE

12-12-2006 - CASE TRANSFER TO CSC

01-08-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-11-2007 - EAD APPROVED

01-13-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-15-2007 - EAD TOUCHED AGAIN

01-18-2007 - EAD RECIEVED IN HAND + APPROVAL NOTICE SENT FROM USCIS

01-18-2007 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURTIY NUMBER

01-20-2007 - EAD TOUCHED

01-20-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

01-27-2007 - RECEIVED SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER

03-01-2007 - EMIAL FROM CSC AOS IS NOW PENDING AT OUR OFFICE

03-02-2007 - AOS TOUCHED

03-05-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-06-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-07-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGAIN

03-08-2007 - AOS TOUCHED AGIAN AROUND 9 AM SOMETHING.

03-08-2007 - AOS APPROVED AT NOON

03-09-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (WELCOME NEW RESIDENT NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-12-2007 - EMAIL FROM CSC (APPROVAL NOTICE WAS SENT)

03-13-2007 - TOUCHED

03-15-2007 - GREEN CARD AND APPROVAL NOTICE IN HAND

REMOVING CONDITION I-751

01-20-2009 - SENT I-751 CERTIFIED OVERNIGHT

01-26-2009 - CHECK CASHED

01-22-2009 - NOA1

02-04-2009 - RECEIVED BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL

02-17-2009 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT DATE 9 AM

02-17-2009 - TOUCHED

02-18-2009 - TOUCHED AGAIN

05-28-2009 - APPROVAL (WAITING TO RECEIVE 10 YRS GREEN CARD)

06-22-2009 - RECEIVED 10 YRS GREEN CARD

I think this calls for letters sent to various levels of the government. It probably will not do any good but to me it will feel good to get thoughts off my chest of the way I feel about this whole situation. :angry:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
I just downloaded the I129F form from the USCIS website and it´s still the old one.

This is unbelieveable.

I got lately package 3, the foms included expired in 2003......Can u believe it?

As soon as I got it,I tell you my head was blowing..........I started to heave a big headache

thats so unfair how it is................

K1 VISA: 07/25/06 GOT VISA!!!!!!

30th of September 2006 WEDDING

AOS:01/29/2007 received Permanent Resident Card (GC)

ROC:04/11/2009 received Permanent Resident Card (GC) expiring in 2019!!!!

N-400:

on 05/21/2010 Sent out docs to Arizona Lockbox Facility address via USPS

on 06/30/2010 Biometrics

on 09/24/2010 Interview Day - Passed the Test

on 10/19/2010 Oath - USA CITIZEN!!!!!

on 10/20/2010 I requested the US Passport

on 11/02/2010 the US Passport was received by Priority Mail

on 11/03/2010 @ the Social Security Office I changed my status from Resident to US Citizen

ON THE 3RD OF NOV.2010 MY JOURNEY ENDS, WHICH STARTED IN DEC. 2005!!!!!!!THANKS TO VJ & VJ PPL!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry maybe I am just not seeing something but is this going to affect people with NOA1's after March 6th or NOA2's after March 6th? My stomach is churning as our petition was received in Morocco today.. why would they send it just to recall it again.

I'm sorry maybe I am just not seeing something but is this going to affect people with NOA1's after March 6th or NOA2's after March 6th? My stomach is churning as our petition was received in Morocco today.. why would they send it just to recall it again.

If your NOA1 is dated March 5 or later then it affects you. If your NOA1 is before March 5 then your OK.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks Gary, I just wanted to be sure.

Good luck to everyone I am so sorry this is affecting so many people. Hopefully they'll move pretty quickly... for the government.

If your NOA1 is dated March 5 or later then it affects you. If your NOA1 is before March 5 then your OK.

Gary,

I know you really do know this, but its not NOA1's date March 5 or later that are affected. But for all those that will be reading these posts, I had to bring it to your attention.

2. While most K-1 cases under the new IMBRA requirements

were held at the service centers pending development of a

new form I-129F, some cases were processed after March 5

using the old forms and procedures and sent to posts for

processing. The DHS Service Center Operations (SCOPS)

Unit of USCIS, Status/Family Branch requested that posts

return to NVC all K1 I-129F petitions with priority dates

(date received at the DHS office) on or after March 6,

Just to reiterate what I have been continually saying for days and is also stated in this telegram.......The received date (the date the petition is received & date stamped) on the NOA1 (not the NOA date) is the date by which this (IMBRA) and anything else for that matter is taken from.

I wish all those caught up in this all the very best, and I hope you will all be be getting positive news soon regarding your petitions.

Lorelle

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.