RAKASA

The *Real* Thursday Thread

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
That's a line from from Dilbert (Evil HR Director w/ Catbert). "plotting to take over the world" Hmmm...HR is my occupation...coincidence?!? I don't think so! :devil::rofl:

Thank you!!!! We were smoking our hookah and drinking our mint tea, plotting to take over the world :devil:

:rofl:

We have our version of that at work too. I'm one of the younger librarians and we have a huge age gap between us and the retirement-ready librarians who dont like technology or change, and we're always saying that we're gonna take over the world. (or at least the library..lol) :devil:

Would you allow noise and rowdy fun? :lol:

In the library?? HECK YEAH! :devil:

YAY...then I'm all for a Library take over! I hated the "shhhh'ers" LOL :whistle:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Someone wake me when this day is over. :angry: I'm so freakin' tired I can't stand it. Had to wake up at 8am and go pick up the fluffernutters so we could go to a big mall and spend money. That was kind of fun but we went to Legal Seafood's for lunch and I got a lobster roll and the lobster was that icky soft shell lobster so even though there was a ton of it I felt royally ripped off. :ranting::ranting::ranting:

I don't think I'll be doing any more insomniac runs since I'll probably pass out around 9 tonight. lol. For three days I couldn't get to sleep. I'm on this medication and it's really messing with my body and I can't wait till it's all over!!! :crying::crying::crying:

Sara congratulations!!!!

Tasha that sucks that they did it spur of the moment with your husband. Normally they'd make an appt and make sure he took advil before the appt right? I hope they gave him something to ease that pain. I remember looking like a chipmunk for days after I got all four taken out, though mine were impacted. They want to take Usama's out too but I'm like...why??? They don't hurt him so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's not like they need to make room for braces or anything.

Charles only drugs you will find in me are lexapro and some hormone stuff and right now my progesterone can kick your testosterone from here to next Tuesday. :devil:

I dunno what anyone else has said but hi to everyone. lol. I have 15 minutes until we go to the open house for Middle School then it's back to do some laundry and make dinner. I'm making one of those frozen Bertolli dinners so I hope everyone likes it!

Btw my oldest daughter keeps telling my youngest that she's going all "emo" on us. . . What's worse, emo or goth? :unsure: All I know about emo is that if you dress in black and look sad you're emo...do I have it right?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Is there really a diffrence? Omg I'm so not prepared for this.. Can he just be 5 forever? :unsure:

Yahoo Answers said :

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Emo was originally a nickname for "emotive hardcore" (type of music), but has evolved into meaning "emotional" because it was misinterpreted, since fans of this music were usually known for being a bunch of depressed-self-harming-teens with too much free time. It's all stereotypical. But this is what it's known for now. An emo person (like I said stereotypical) would be very depressed, hate the world, including themselves and probabl cry all the time. They've even stereotyped and emo style. Usually "emo" kids dress in skinny jeans, dark colors (but not all black), band tee shirts, and chucks. But, like I said about 5 or so times. IT'S ALL STEREOTYPICAL!!! And it did originally mean "emotive hardcore". (and if some one dresses like that it doesn't mean they're gonna go suicidal!)

86aa2a1276af298a700ba72af2e68d7c.jpg

The word "gothic" was originally used to describe works of art that were "dark", which is the meaning, hence how it now describes people we call "goth".

Gothic is now used as an adjective is usually used to describe people who wear all, or mostly black. They're usually gloomy. And people think that they do some sort of devil worship. They're sometimes depressed, but everyone can get depressed, so that doesn't really count. Gothic style is: (like I said) all or mostly black, heavy eyeliner, black or odd colored hair. This too can all be stereotypical. Like you can dress "goth" and not worship the devil. You can say you're goth and not worship the devil. There's a goth style music too. It's like a form of rock. Sort of.

But like I said, through this whole thing. Most of this is stereotypical, especially all the "emo" stuff. It's kinda sad how things can get so stupidly out of hand.

Btw my oldest daughter keeps telling my youngest that she's going all "emo" on us. . . What's worse, emo or goth? :unsure: All I know about emo is that if you dress in black and look sad you're emo...do I have it right?

Emo - short for "emotional." Emo is a broad title that covers a lot of different styles of emotionally-charged punk rock styles.

Emo is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk. It has since come to describe several variations of music with common roots and associated fashion and stereotypes. In the mid-1980s, the term emo described a subgenre of hardcore punk which originated in the Washington, D.C. music scene. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the emotional performances of bands in the Washington, D.C. scene and some of the offshoot regional scenes such as Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and later, Moss Icon. (In more recent years, the term "emotive hardcore" has been used to describe the period.)

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to refer to the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason had a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles. As the remaining indie emo bands entered the mainstream, newer bands began to emulate the mainstream style. As a result, the term "emo" became a vaguely defined identifier rather than a specific genre of music

I'm so EMO...LOL :devil:

Timeline

ok I think I'm safe. She's definitely a happy go lucky kid but just wants to be different so she does wear some black occasionally and wanted to paint her nails black. She did buy some skinny jeans at abercrombie today and a black top to match though....BUT all that is offset (I think) by the fact that she still sleeps with her blankie and bunny. :star:

Timeline
Nawal it is so not cool when we are doing the same exact thing at the same exact minute on opposite sides of the country! :lol:

You two are quite the pair!!!

My daughter said Oh my Gosh MOM!!!!!!!!!!!! When I got my haircut and colored to my natural color...she said you look GOTH! All I could think of was those people with long black hair and ripped black pants with black and white converses on with black lipstick and fingernail polish.

ok I think I'm safe. She's definitely a happy go lucky kid but just wants to be different so she does wear some black occasionally and wanted to paint her nails black. She did buy some skinny jeans at abercrombie today and a black top to match though....BUT all that is offset (I think) by the fact that she still sleeps with her blankie and bunny. :star:

Awwwwwww so no worries mama!!! She sounds like a pretty good kid by the way you talk!

I think you probably got it all wrong though Bridget.. If the one daughter called the other daughter emo - I would imagine it to be more in reference to her whining or belly aching about something? And not as much about clothes or something like that... I was whining at my parents last weekend and my younger brother told me to stop being so emo - I was like so wooot? haha I had to go look it up then too lol

Timeline

I never though of the comment as referring to her emotional side. She's a wicked actress though and a lot of times gives this "death" stare and will NOT blink for anything. lol. Scarey as heck but I'm gonna wicked mad if she doesn't join the drama club at school 'cause I just know she'd rock!!!

:lol:

I was totally one of these!!!! My poor mother!!

confessions_of_a_teenage_drama_queen.jpg

I never though of the comment as referring to her emotional side. She's a wicked actress though and a lot of times gives this "death" stare and will NOT blink for anything. lol. Scarey as heck but I'm gonna wicked mad if she doesn't join the drama club at school 'cause I just know she'd rock!!!

happy lunch hour to u all! Today has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mellooooooooooooooooooooo ... I almost wish it would last forever! I'm at peace with the world and life is good. My "inner chi" has been located.

I am trying (again) to quit smoking....It's just the *not* buying the next pack that is the hard thing. once I don't have them, I'm fine. I just have a problem with the initial "knowing that I'm gonna not smoke anymore if I don't buy another pack" thing so its like my body is being pulled in 2 directions when I get gas or go to the store. To buy or not to buy, that is the question LOL. Maybe it's coz I don't really *want* to quit but I really don't have the money to keep buying them. Anyone have a spare carton? :whistle:

My son is doing well with school so far. I really hope he keeps it up ensha'allah. Hubster is picking him up and they go to the shop afterwards. There is nothing for lil'man to do at the shop so this is perfect for him to get his homework done. No tv, no games, no pc, no toys. YAY for office space!

I see big pillowy clouds out the window from work. I wish they'd drop the massive showers they dropped yesterday. I LOVE the rain! I think they're just gonna drift on by though. :angry: That hurricane might head this way. I hope it doesn't hit New Orleans like they say it might.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

speaking of emo..I was totally an emo kid when i was younger. I was extremely depressed and upset at the world ALWAYS. My mother will say to me that she has no idea how I lived passed 13 (and she's serious). I put my family thru hell back in those days. I listened to sad music/grunge/metal stuff coz it matched my moods. If I could have worn all black all the time, I would have. My mom wouldn't allow it and wouldn't let us wear any clothes that had holes in them..ugg (my hubby is the same way and it drives me nuts...i say let my son wear what he feels is most comfortable to him and screw what anyone else thinks...but who am i, ya know)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

funfetti cupcakes with whipped strawberry frosting..

yea the laundry sucks, but, since we found out yesterday that my bro and sis in law wil be expecting a girl in december, zaid inherited 5 garbage bags full of clothes from their 3 year old son...ive been going thru clothes since last night..pretty sure i wont have to buy pajamas or onsies until hes about 2...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.