RAKASA

The *Real* Thursday Thread

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Something popped into my mind: When's the MENA Seattle Meet up? I'm looking for a much needed vacation/trip!

Hope you all are doing great!

Kristen - it's Sept 13 (but there are several of us who'll be there all weekend). Here's the link to the meet-up thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136346

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Thats was a blast! YAY for DC!! Now if I could only get back to my "PRE" baby weight....Dear god thats a challenge. :crying:

Thank you!!!! We were smoking our hookah and drinking our mint tea, plotting to take over the world :devil:

Ash...I love that pic of you and Nawal. You look like you are having a good time!!! That is a funny pig story! My kiddos say the same about their step daddy...they hate pigs and dogs where he is from though.....

Happy Thursday MENA and friends!! I'm so happy the long weekend is here soon! I am so ready for some relaxation at the new house!! The LIL BUG GUY is at our new house as we speak "KILL THOSE SCORPIONS" YAY!! :dance::dance:

Ash...Love that piggy story.

Noura....prays n hugs for your kitty! :luv:

Congrats Sara!! I'm sure Pineapple princess was the seal on the deal! One smile from her and they were toast! LOL :star:

K and O....BIG HUGS!! It will get easier in time.

Tasha, sorry to hear u were feeling crappy. Hoping you and ur hubby are better soon!!

Terrie...sounds like fun..did you take pics?? If not, take some this weekend! Woohoo :)

Sandrilla...inshallah its a good sign and you hear something soon!!

Good luck Jackie...You can do it!

To everyone else...Hope all of you will be hearing good news soon!! (F)(F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nawal...I dreamed about those scorpians last night...hehe

happy thursday everyone :)_

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

OMG honey, me too!! I heard scratching noises on my window last night (it was a tree) and I swear the rest of the night I was imaging scorpions in my attic and them falling thru my vents. LOL :crying:

Mother of twins #2! YAY...hehe :dance::luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you!!!! We were smoking our hookah and drinking our mint tea, plotting to take over the world :devil:

:rofl:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
Nawal, you still look good girl!!! I think we should get a MENA meetup somewhere near the mid area around Ohio or Chicago.

I like that idea!

(I'm a Windy City gal)

:D

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

Timeline
That's a line from from Dilbert (Evil HR Director w/ Catbert). "plotting to take over the world" Hmmm...HR is my occupation...coincidence?!? I don't think so! :devil::rofl:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Timeline
That's a line from from Dilbert (Evil HR Director w/ Catbert). "plotting to take over the world" Hmmm...HR is my occupation...coincidence?!? I don't think so! :devil::rofl:

We have our version of that at work too. I'm one of the younger librarians and we have a huge age gap between us and the retirement-ready librarians who dont like technology or change, and we're always saying that we're gonna take over the world. (or at least the library..lol) :devil:

Edited by star_dragon

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I second a chicago meetup...theres quite a few of us around the midwest...and others...who still may be interested in a road trip!!

Cupcakes are made, presents are bought, how exciting to celebrate my daddys bday!!! I think i enjoy it soo much, bc he pretends to hate it, he doesnt like being the center of attention :)

have some laundry to do...better get on it!!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I second a chicago meetup...theres quite a few of us around the midwest...and others...who still may be interested in a road trip!!

Cupcakes are made, presents are bought, how exciting to celebrate my daddys bday!!! I think i enjoy it soo much, bc he pretends to hate it, he doesnt like being the center of attention :)

MMMMMMMMMM Cupcakes - I'm always down for those. Laundry blech! I have ironing to do tonight. :crying:

We have our version of that at work too. I'm one of the younger librarians and we have a huge age gap between us and the retirement-ready librarians who dont like technology or change, and we're always saying that we're gonna take over the world. (or at least the library..lol) :devil:

Would you allow noise and rowdy fun? :lol:

MMMMMMMMMM Cupcakes - I'm always down for those. Laundry blech! I have ironing to do tonight. :crying:

ME TOO!! :thumbs: YAY for Cupcakes!!

Timeline

Would you allow noise and rowdy fun? :lol:

In the library?? HECK YEAH! :devil:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.