Leyla

How do you enjoy your hubby while you're stressing about everything else you're doing?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
I think you, me, Alhayatszween, Wahrania, are all good examples of how just because our spouses arrived, the stress doesn't stop.

Before, our life is on hold, after it takes big adjustments on both sides.....and unlike over there in our spouses home country who have extended family members to help out, we are the sole person to be relied apon here.

That's a lot of pressure.

So, tell your sweetie, to relax and you too.

:innocent:

I think it has alot to do with the expectations of the person coming here. My husband was extremely spoiled by his mom pretty much getting hand over fist , anything he wanted. He got here and she sent him money and then he wanted to maintain his high standard of living when the money stopped and refused to work. Its only been one month that he has been agreeable to eating whats in the house or working, always telling me his mom will send money and then laying around. He has just started to realise that the flow from her will stop and she wants him to get a job. I think hes in shock she s not sending money either.But now the economy is so bad and I wasted the productive part of my pregnancy when I could have been alot of help to him getting my things broken and yelled at. Now hes knocked alot of that off but My trust hasnt returned and my money is drained and I am tired and about a week and a half from the baby coming. I am plum tired and burned out from all of this.

Word to the wise. Be very sure you can afford supporting both of you before you bring someone over. Even in the best of circumstances, it can be a very long time still they start working and you have to be finanically ready plus ready them as well. We are getting along alot better now. Thanks to the MENA people, I have baby things so thats not a stressor. Some how Ill get through this but he has been a super drain on me emotionally , physically and financially. This has been super super hard

Wahrania,

Please take care of yourself!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.