Big Papa Zone

FAO All Brits Flying Out

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Boston doesn't seem to be one of the cheaper destinations. It's still at around £312-450 which is what I usually pay.

Thanks for this information though, I'll definitely keep checking it and comparing it. :)

Have you tried Aer Lingus? Flying out of Dublin typically is cheaper than direct UK flights. Plus most US flights can go through US passport control in Dublin...so once you get off the plane in Boston you just get your luggage and you are out. To get to Dub just book a Ryan Air flight.

I would much prefer to go direct rather than stop off at Dublin... not only is it quicker but sometimes I've found really cheap flights from London. £270 last time, with Virgin Atlantic too! :)

The flights don't seem so cheap through Aer Ligus either as it seems to be done as two expensive singles instead. Thanks though, it's something else to keep an eye on.

I guess Aer Lingus is sometimes finiky. I admit I got a better deal with BA last time I flew to the UK...and it was definitly a nicer flight than Aer Lingus.

Though I admit that part of the reason I fly into Dublin is so I can go into town for a few hours between flights.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Sounds good to me. And what's the worst that can happen? You pay the balance of what you should have paid in the first place - big deal! I've checked Northwest's official site and the booking its showing as confirmed. I shall keep you all informed. ;)

The big deal could be that they have purchased the ticket because it is a cheap price and having to find extra money might hurt.

Like I said if people have got some cheap deals good luck, but I fail to see why you seem to have a problem with people being advised to just be aware of possible pit falls before they made a decision.

By the way you don't think just because a reservation shows confirmed that guarantees you get the seat do you? :devil:

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline
Like I said if people have got some cheap deals good luck, but I fail to see why you seem to have a problem with people being advised to just be aware of possible pit falls before they made a decision.

I don't have any problem at all with you advising people of possible pitfalls, Lansbury. Where have I said that? I'm just a "glass half full" kinda guy, as opposed to your apparent "glass half empty" type.

By the way you don't think just because a reservation shows confirmed that guarantees you get the seat do you? :devil:

Actually, I rather thought it did, hence the term "confirmed" but then I'm not a ticketing expert. Not so then?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't have any problem at all with you advising people of possible pitfalls, Lansbury. Where have I said that? I'm just a "glass half full" kinda guy, as opposed to your apparent "glass half empty" type.

Actually, I rather thought it did, hence the term "confirmed" but then I'm not a ticketing expert. Not so then?

Well they always over book flights don't they? I suppose that doesn't guarantee you a seat. My flight to the States last month was over booked, they asked me if I wanted to go on the next flight. No thanks, I want to see my OH who I haven't seen in months today!

Timeline

Well they always over book flights don't they? I suppose that doesn't guarantee you a seat. My flight to the States last month was over booked, they asked me if I wanted to go on the next flight. No thanks, I want to see my OH who I haven't seen in months today!

Sometimes you can get a right result with that overbooking lark. Once when I was at my departure gate in Newark, the Continental person dealing with the boarding asked for volunteers to give up their seats due to overbooking. If you volunteered, you got put on the later flight that night (only 3 hours later) and given a $500 voucher, redeemable against future tickets. Suffice to say I volunteered!

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I probably would of if I didn't have a connecting flight and I was just going on a normal holiday. My dad used to come back from Northern Ireland every three weeks and he'd see how many flights he could volunteer to come off of, they would usually up it by £100 each flight.

Timeline

Sorry I was obviously picking up the wrong vibes from your posts. No I'm not a half empty sort of guy when as in this case something obviously seems wrong I like to know what I might be liable for before jumping in. Is the risk worth the returns. It was really the fact the tickets were being purchased in Australia that was setting alarm bells off, and what problems might be caused if it went pear shaped with people trying to get their money back.

No confirmed in non technical terms just means the booking has been made and there is a seat. As opposed to wait listed where the booking has been made and there are no seats. I know airlines will bump confirmed passengers if one of their good customers needs to fly last minute on a full flight or for other reasons if it suits. Checked in with a boarding pass is about as 100% as it gets :)

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Sometimes you can get a right result with that overbooking lark. Once when I was at my departure gate in Newark, the Continental person dealing with the boarding asked for volunteers to give up their seats due to overbooking. If you volunteered, you got put on the later flight that night (only 3 hours later) and given a $500 voucher, redeemable against future tickets. Suffice to say I volunteered!

Ditto.

My flight was overbooked and as I volenteered to give up my seat, they put me and my fiancee in the Hilton hotel for the night (with free meals all day), put me on a flight the following night.. AND gave me FREE round-trip tickets for the future!

I'm using them to see Bill next week. :)

Timeline

Yep I checked back yesterday and my cheap deal has vanished. BA are cheapest for LHR to JFK for my hoped-for date. I have to go JFK to get that flippin stamp on my K1 so that I can keep working (pain in the ar##). The I've have to fly on to Seattle.

Are you all noticing that you can't buy a one way flight without it being extremely expensive?

Edited by Scarlett

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I hate that fact Scarlett, I dislike knowing I will have a ticket I can use to fly to Scotland but cant/wont use it!

When is your desired travel date? I used to fly Icelandair and they were so cheap then they suddenly cut BWI from there flight route! grr

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Timeline
I hate that fact Scarlett, I dislike knowing I will have a ticket I can use to fly to Scotland but cant/wont use it!

When is your desired travel date? I used to fly Icelandair and they were so cheap then they suddenly cut BWI from there flight route! grr

Well I am really hoping to be out of here by 1 November. But until I get that visa, or at least the approval at interview, I guess it would be foolish to book.

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Timeline

Well I am really hoping to be out of here by 1 November. But until I get that visa, or at least the approval at interview, I guess it would be foolish to book.

You are taking a risk to book before you know you have the visa, something simple could delay the visa being issued.

Something to bear in mind. Airlines adjust their fares during the year depending on when the busy times are. Most airlines have fares which come into force 1st September and run to 31st October, on 1st November fares tend to go down and that fare scale stays in force to about 14th December when the fares go up for Christmas. So a departure on 1st November could be cheaper than the same flight departing in late October.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.