aussiewench

US Airlines

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

United gave me Economy Plus on my flight to AND From England even tho I hadn't paid for it..the flight wasn't full. They seem to be pretty good that way, if they are able to help. I think you'll get a mixed bag for sure...because I had a great experience with United..and have in the past..but another will have had a horrible experience..probably all depends on the day.... we're just glad you've 'made it' and are getting your behind over here soon...and I imagine, none so happy as Mr. Bond!!!!!!! :) :) :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Delta is great. they are relatively cheap (a lot cheaper than United) and they have great service (as long as you don't expect them to cater to your every whim).

You mean as long as you don't have to change flights and expect them to get you and your luggage to the same destination at the same time? Let alone on time? But yeah, why would they cater to my every whim?

DELTA SUCKS!

lorelle ... i'm with ari on this one ... get the cheapest flight! :thumbs: just pack your valuables on your carry-on luggage just in case your large baggage gets re-routed!! ;)

honestly ... is it really going to matter once you see dan's gorgeous smile and arms waiting for you? :luv:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

(as long as you don't expect them to cater to your every whim).

:yes: After an initial 14hr flight with Qantas.....I will be continuing to have lots of whims lol Damm 24-25 hrs all up getting to FL

Great input so far guys, thank you :thumbs:

Aussie... I flew Airtran on the US leg because it was the cheapest. Not the greatest airline in the world and the plane ended up about three hours late, but it was cheap and flew into Fort Lauderdale airport instead of Miami or West Palm Beach (which made a vast time difference in the car travel...)

My best advice to you is NOT to try and do the whole trip in one 'day'. Fly to LAX and stay in a hotel there for at least 24 hours to get some rest, and then get on a plane and fly to Florida. It made the trip much more bearable (and meant that when I hopped off the plane to meet my fiance I was a lot fresher and more relaxed than if I'd been travelling all that time!

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

:yes: After an initial 14hr flight with Qantas.....I will be continuing to have lots of whims lol Damm 24-25 hrs all up getting to FL

Aussie... I flew Airtran on the US leg because it was the cheapest. Not the greatest airline in the world and the plane ended up about three hours late, but it was cheap and flew into Fort Lauderdale airport instead of Miami or West Palm Beach (which made a vast time difference in the car travel...)

My best advice to you is NOT to try and do the whole trip in one 'day'. Fly to LAX and stay in a hotel there for at least 24 hours to get some rest, and then get on a plane and fly to Florida. It made the trip much more bearable (and meant that when I hopped off the plane to meet my fiance I was a lot fresher and more relaxed than if I'd been travelling all that time!

Yeah Dan suggested the stopover in a hotel too :crying: I know it does make sense, I had just wanted to keep going once there to be with him. He will probably win out and I will stay overnight. Just gotta figure this flight stuff again as I DID have it all figured already lol

Monique I gotta fly BIG plane........thats all I want. Last time was with Hawaiin and that was a baby compared. Oh and because qantas has good safety record lol

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey wenchie, have a look at Webjet. They got AA flying Qantas planes to US. I am thinking of one that is only 19 and a bit hours to Kansas City. The hotel idea is sensible but I just ain't. I know I can't look more of a wreck than I did the first time I got there after driving myself for 3 and a half hours in the hot sun after the trip. He still fell in love with me after the swelling in my face went down some and the burns on my nose from the lavender oil went away. (tip to ward off all those flue germs etc, tea tree or lavender oil on a hanky to breathe occasionly)Mind you when I saw how much more gorgeous he was in real life, I did think bad idea & nearly got back in the car to drive off into :star: the sunset. Yeah I decided big planes and Qantas too. Just joined the AA frequent flyer thing. It's a very long way guys, and cheap is starting to look just not worth it to me this time.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Yeah Dan suggested the stopover in a hotel too :crying: I know it does make sense, I had just wanted to keep going once there to be with him. He will probably win out and I will stay overnight. Just gotta figure this flight stuff again as I DID have it all figured already lol

Monique I gotta fly BIG plane........thats all I want. Last time was with Hawaiin and that was a baby compared. Oh and because qantas has good safety record lol

Ok Wenchie, I have to put my 2 cents in here :lol:Do not fly into Miami, it is a pain in the butt getting into and out of that airport. I lived in Miami and used that airport a lot and hate it. I love Hollywood-Ft.Lauderdale as it is SO easy to get around and you can park so easily there. Since we have relocated to WPB though, we will be flying into PBI, although Orlando may be closer for you. The trick is finding a connecting flight that gets you into your area of Florida at a decent hour and I'm with you, forget spending the night somewhere and continuing on the next. I just want to get there already, lol. So, take a look at www.continental.com They have some good flights at great prices into our part of Florida. Another airline which is great is AirTran. Airtran is based in Atlanta but has flights out of LAX to Florida. Delta is the only one I can find that has non-stop into Ft.Lauderdale-Hollywood. Most have one stop. You can also upgrade (or could-dunno if it still applies but you can ask) to business on AirTran when you check in at the counter for only $50 more. I've done that several times.

Also, at LAX take into account that IF your plane is on time you still have a secondary inspection. Then you have to go to the terminal that your domestic flight is in after you get your luggage. There is a map of LAX and once you've determined what airline in the states you are flying, you can see which terminal you need.

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Ok Wenchie, I have to put my 2 cents in here :lol:Do not fly into Miami, it is a pain in the butt getting into and out of that airport. I lived in Miami and used that airport a lot and hate it. I love Hollywood-Ft.Lauderdale as it is SO easy to get around and you can park so easily there. Since we have relocated to WPB though, we will be flying into PBI, although Orlando may be closer for you. The trick is finding a connecting flight that gets you into your area of Florida at a decent hour and I'm with you, forget spending the night somewhere and continuing on the next. I just want to get there already, lol. So, take a look at www.continental.com They have some good flights at great prices into our part of Florida. Another airline which is great is AirTran. Airtran is based in Atlanta but has flights out of LAX to Florida. Delta is the only one I can find that has non-stop into Ft.Lauderdale-Hollywood. Most have one stop. You can also upgrade (or could-dunno if it still applies but you can ask) to business on AirTran when you check in at the counter for only $50 more. I've done that several times.

Also, at LAX take into account that IF your plane is on time you still have a secondary inspection. Then you have to go to the terminal that your domestic flight is in after you get your luggage. There is a map of LAX and once you've determined what airline in the states you are flying, you can see which terminal you need.

Oh thats right...I forgot you were WPB.....I am PB so I dont think orlando is closer :P I will just keep on looking around I guess. I am determined to fly with qantas though as it is a very long way and I do so want to feel safe (big plane that is not prone to falling out of sky), have room and good service this time around.

Hahahahahah Stella........funny story

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Lots of great info/advice here :thumbs:

With the 'code share' in mind.......I just found a flight Qantas/AA with POE at LAX then onto Miami. Gives me 2.25 hr stopover in LAX.....that should be plenty of time to get through, yes? Its a shorter trip all up to, only 21hrs :dance:

Southwest airlines does service LAX & SF; however, they are more limited in FL but you can fly into Ft. Lauderdale about 20 minutes north of Miami. I did a quick search and, assuming June 10, LAX to Ft. Laud. is about $243 or less. I think I recall that they also have a tram/train that will take you direct to Miami International from Ft. Lauderdale airport as well. (www.iflyswa.com)

As for American Airlines...I just flew to Knoxville for work and they lost my co-worker's bag going out, and lost my other co-workers bag coming back.

Delta: They are very rude and act like they are doing you some kind of favor just letting you get on the airplane. Also, last time I flew Delta, I was on my way to Brasil and they lost my luggage before I got to Miami. Those fools told me just get on the Plane and my "bags would meet me in Brasil on later flight"...like hell. Anyway, I kept calling and bugging the folks and finally I talked to a girl who found my bag in the Delta office (other end of the airport from International terminal). I asked her why they told me to take the plane and wait for my bag in Brasil and she TOLD me that that is a standard response they must give to evryone!

NEVER will I ever give Delta another penny again!

I really can't comment on the other airlines, except to say United and America West were ok the few times I've used them.

Overall though, I prefer Southwest...LOTS of FUN to fly!

Have a great trip!

I think I recall that they also have a tram/train that will take you direct to Miami International from Ft. Lauderdale airport as well. (www.iflyswa.com)

Are you talking about Tri-Rail? I lived in that area for the last 10 years and I never heard of any tram/train from Miami to Ft.Lauderdale other than Tri-Rail and it doesn't go into FLL itsself.

Wenchie, are you flying out of Sydney? I'm looking at the Qantas to LAX that gets in between 6-7am, leaves plenty of time to get through Immigration and change terminals and look at the Continental leaving LAX at 10:45am to PBI for $173. If you fly into Miami you are about 3 hours south of PBI.

Edited by sadie33138

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Also, there's nothing that says you have to use a codeshare partner of Qantas, which is American Airlines in the US. You can book your own domestic flight and on the Continental site you can pay by international credit card. I love Qantas too. I've also flown Delta quite a bit and never had a problem with them.

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

I think I recall that they also have a tram/train that will take you direct to Miami International from Ft. Lauderdale airport as well. (www.iflyswa.com)

Are you talking about Tri-Rail? I lived in that area for the last 10 years and I never heard of any tram/train from Miami to Ft.Lauderdale other than Tri-Rail and it doesn't go into FLL itsself.

Wenchie, are you flying out of Sydney? I'm looking at the Qantas to LAX that gets in between 6-7am, leaves plenty of time to get through Immigration and change terminals and look at the Continental leaving LAX at 10:45am to PBI for $173. If you fly into Miami you are about 3 hours south of PBI.

Yep, out of Sydney.....thats where I live. I will look into PBI. Thank you :thumbs:

I fixed your quotes :P

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Yep, out of Sydney.....thats where I live. I will look into PBI. Thank you :thumbs:

I fixed your quotes :P

LOL, trying to watch American Idol & this. Thanks! :thumbs:

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If your eventual destination is West Palm Beach, DON'T fly into Miami - it's at least two hours drive south of there... (Miami airport is 90 minutes south of us and we live halfway between!) Get a flight that goes into West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI Aussie, Why can't Dan come out to LAX or SFO to greet you and spend a couple days in hotel, and then fly back together.. :D

Yes, quatus has a good safety record. I never flew on them but will someday.

Yogi