aussiewench

US Airlines

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have flowed with American Airlines. Delta . United. Amercian Eagle My choice would be Delta as it has lots of leg room which is great when you have flowed all cramped up from Australia,

Personally i Would not chance only 2 hrs in LAX If 2 international flights land at the same time the immigration line and custom lines are going to be huge, I always allow myself 4 hrs mininum when i fly from Aus

lynny

Edited by lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ok.....have been looking online for my flight from Sydney, Australia to FL. I will be flying into LAX or SF with Qantas but I'm looking for advice/experiences on who to fly with once in the US for the leg to FL. The flights that I am looking at give me these choices.......

Frontier

American West

Delta

US Airways

United

I want one that aint gonna crash lol and has good service.

None of them will crash :lol:

and since they are all US carriers, the standards will be far lower than what you're used to with Qantas.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

Another tip would be to check seatguru.com when you book so you can pick a good seat (as long as it's not already taken of course!).

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Frontier is a great airline...... Good service, newer aircraft and satelite Directv with individual monitors at each seat and you control what you want to see.

Also 2.5 hours through immigration to connect to another flight I don't think is enough time.

K-1 Adventure

9/04 - 2/06

Met in Peru, Engaged, Successful I-129F, K-1 interview and Married

AOS / EAD / AP and Remove Condition

3/06/06 - AOS/EAD/AP process begins

3/31/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package Fed Ex'd to Chicago

4/03/06 - AOS/EAD/AP package signed & received

4/10/06 - NOA1's received for AOS, EAD and AP via U.S. Mail

4/11/06 - All 3 checks cashed / $745.00 poorer but worth every penny

4/27/06 - Receive Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for 5/11/06

5/11/06 - Biometrics completed

6/02/06 - Receive notice that AOS only has been transferred to California to speed things along

6/07/06 - E-mail that AOS received in California

6/13/06 - Welcome letter mailed by California... yeah baby

6/17/06 - Official welcome letter received and card will arrive within 3 weeks

6/19/06 - Card arrived in the mail.......

3/08/07 - Trip back to Peru for 10 days and our Religous Wedding

3/2007 - We're Pregnant

12/19/07 - Sebastien Joshua born 8:29am 7lbs 2oz 19.5"

3/14/08 - I-751 Removing Condition is in the mail

3/20/08 - Checked cashed

3/17/08 - I-751 Package signed and received

3/24/08 - Case moved to Vermont

4/17/08 - Biometrics completed

4/21/08 - Touched...........

6/16/08 - Touched once again........

11/3/08 - Touched again.. this is begining to feel good

:thumbs: again more useful info for me to mull over.....thank you all (F)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i've flown every one of those - either from LAX to florida or SFO to florida...(After coming from Oz of course...)

they're all fine...I usually fly US airways but now america west IS us airways so it's at the same standard.

What airport in FL are you flying into?

In terms of immigration - Stewart had exactly 2 hours in LAX...and that was changing airlines...

he made it with 20 minutes to spare...

just fYI. They said if he missed it they would reschedule him no worries..

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

i've flown every one of those - either from LAX to florida or SFO to florida...(After coming from Oz of course...)

they're all fine...I usually fly US airways but now america west IS us airways so it's at the same standard.

In terms of immigration - Stewart had exactly 2 hours in LAX...and that was changing airlines...

Orlando or Miami......either one, so I'm looking at flights to both.

I know 2 1/2 hours may cut it fine depending on how long it takes.......I just dont want to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for hours after the long flight from australia. If I miss my connecting flight, so be it....I will take my chances. Thanks Karo :)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lorelle,..

I flew into LAX on quite a few occasions. You will fly into the TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL terminal. QANTAS flys in and out of that teminal exclusively, or did last time I travelled SYD to LAX. If you arrive on a early morning flight eg.6AM-7AM, AND GET OFF THE PLANE QUICKLY, you will have plenty of time with 2.5 hours. Every time I flew into there I was off the plane and through customs within 20minutes, including the somewhat lenghty walk from the plane to the customs desk. But the other poster was right, if more than one international flight arrives at the same time at LAX, its a mad dash, as the lines build up rather quickly. They have separate lines for visitors and residents. There is about 20 customs officers sitting there waiting at their desks. I had my "envelope " out and in my hot little hand before I even arrived at the customs area, and the customs officer that was controlling the lines saw the envelope in my hand, and asked me if I had just arrived on a immigrant visa, when I said yes "k1", he smiled, said good luck to me and directed me through the residents line. And to my surprise, after I cleared customs,and headed to my luggage I turned around and looked, and damn, if the visitors line wasnt twice as long as the residents....A hint for you, pay attention to the announcements for the carousels for luggage, as first class, and business class, comes through on one carousel, and economy on the other. I watched a lot of tired travellers patiently looking at the wrong carousel. Sometimes the luggage comes out before people start to clear customs too, and it gets taken off the carousel by luggage attendants as it builds up rather quickly, so really watch out for your luggage.....

After just typing all that, I just realised you have probably done it befre, but oh well, never hurts to have hints and tips from frequent travellers....

Good luck with the flight plans,.. :thumbs:

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Thanks for the heads up Jodee :)

The only time I have travelled internationally, my POE was Hawaii...but I did tie xmas tinsel all over my luggange lol so it stuck out like a xmas tree. I also played the good ole defenceless female thing and it got me through things really quick. Most men love a woman in distress lady7wl.gif I just got waved on through with most things. Hoping that will work again hahhahaha :unsure:

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You must be so happy! Can´t wait to make flight plans! I am thinking of going through Panama and do my POE in San Juan, Puerto Rico instead of Miami.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh wenchie the christmas tinsel is a great idea, I was thinking of big bright fairy stickers or something.

Yeah look my flight got in late last time and I always get pulled up for that extra "is she a terrorist" attention. I had a total nervous breakdown screaming on the top of my lungs "Somebody's got to help meeeeee" that always works at airports too I have found. They soon push you in front of maybe hundreds. I am a coeliac and had had no food from Sydney to LAX, they forgot my special diet. I had had enough. Maybe the immigration will be efficent but you just don't know what else can happen.

I flew Air Tahiti Nui, loved the french accents of the pilots and the little frangipanis they give you to wear, cheap and thinking of them again. Anyone ever flown with them???? The rest was American Airlines and they truley did help me and I was a difficult passenger. I had major problems with my on-line booking mob "best flights". You can't beat Qantas though, and I have flown with quite a few good carriers in the past.

Any one flown Tahitian????

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Orlando or Miami......either one, so I'm looking at flights to both.

I know 2 1/2 hours may cut it fine depending on how long it takes.......I just dont want to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for hours after the long flight from australia. If I miss my connecting flight, so be it....I will take my chances. Thanks Karo :)

Sujeet has gone through both Orlando and Miami as POEs. (Miami when he came on the K1, Orlando after getting his greencard). So if you have any questions about it, I'll ask him! ( I know they won't be your POEs)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Timeline
Oh wenchie the christmas tinsel is a great idea, I was thinking of big bright fairy stickers or something.

Yeah look my flight got in late last time and I always get pulled up for that extra "is she a terrorist" attention. I had a total nervous breakdown screaming on the top of my lungs "Somebody's got to help meeeeee" that always works at airports too I have found. They soon push you in front of maybe hundreds. I am a coeliac and had had no food from Sydney to LAX, they forgot my special diet. I had had enough. Maybe the immigration will be efficent but you just don't know what else can happen.

I flew Air Tahiti Nui, loved the french accents of the pilots and the little frangipanis they give you to wear, cheap and thinking of them again. Anyone ever flown with them???? The rest was American Airlines and they truley did help me and I was a difficult passenger. I had major problems with my on-line booking mob "best flights". You can't beat Qantas though, and I have flown with quite a few good carriers in the past.

Any one flown Tahitian????

Aussiewench,

United flies to SYD, and MEL using the SAME aircraft as Qantas (Boeing 747-400). You could just buy 1 ticket on United and accumulate the miles all the way. This would also probably be cheaper than buying two separate tickets.

You will only accumulate the miles on American Airlines IF the flights that are domestic have a Qantas 'code-share' number.

If not, you will have to split the miles between the two programs which would be worthless.

I fly about 50,000-80,000 miles a year on airlines (about 30-50 segments) and my personal favorites are United and Continental.

I used to fly American Airlines, but the interiors on their 757s to South America are in HORRID condition and the seats are very old.

United also has Economy Plus on all their aircraft for a little extra $. That 6 inches of extra legroom will make a HUGE difference on a 14 hour flight.

Southwest isn't as cheap as it used to be and there are no assigned seats. I refuse to fly them. I just don't find them very professional, and I dont like the "Fall of Saigon" lines at the gate because everyone fights over the aisle seats.

"Anyone who says the pen is mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I have flown to Ireland 7 times & each time I flew on US Air-with no problems. They did lose my luggage on a flight from Boston to Philly-go figure :huh: but international flights have been great!

Anyway-I have had decent experiences with US Air-hope you find a cheap flight-whichever airline you chose Aussie :thumbs:

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"