aussiewench

US Airlines

70 posts in this topic

Wench was asking about domestic flights. Southwest is great but somewhat limited on the cities they fly to and from. Based on wench's initial post, don't know enough to be sure if Southwest would work (although she didn't list it as an option).

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm.... australia to florida is domestic? :lol:

Um no, if you read Aussiewench's post, she said she was flying Quantas to either SFO or LAX. THEN was inquiring about flights from one of those two airports to Florida.

Really people, I'm not THAT blond. Sheesh.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I´ve used American West and it was ok, really. Back when I flew it (4 times) all the flights were pretty empty and I had room to be at ease. :P

American Airlines on the other hand was always full. :P

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ummm.... australia to florida is domestic? :lol:

Um no, if you read Aussiewench's post, she said she was flying Quantas to either SFO or LAX. THEN was inquiring about flights from one of those two airports to Florida.

Really people, I'm not THAT blond. Sheesh.

:blush:

jes a minute i have to give back paris hilton's hair

Wench was asking about domestic flights. Southwest is great but somewhat limited on the cities they fly to and from. Based on wench's initial post, don't know enough to be sure if Southwest would work (although she didn't list it as an option).

Yep, its the US domestic Im interested in.......Am flying over that big ocean with qantas. First and only time I've been out of australia was flying Hawaiin.....should of seen me looking out the window, first at the HA aircraft, then at qantus aircraft :o HA was half the size and looked like a toy in comparison. Its way more expensive but this time I dont care.....Im going on a big plane :yes:

The ones I listed are the ones that came up in the connecting flights I am looking at.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Always, always join frequent flyer programs...that way you build up a huge amount of miles. I've been 'commuting' for 8 years and have enough miles that I always fly first class on upgrades. Well worth it every time :thumbs:

Flyertalk.com is a great forum with info about the airlines.

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree, it doesn't really matter. I've flown most US airlines domestically and none of the flights was great.

Individual airlines:

I absolutely hated Southwest because they don't give out seat assignments.

I have never had a good flight on Delta, and you'll most likely have to switch planes in Atlanta which is no fun.

United used to be ok, but like another poster said, they have been horrible lately.

USAir was worse in the early 90s, but my last flights were ok but delayed.

American is also ok. I've definitely had worse, and if you can book that as a connecting flight from Quantas it will be easier to transfer your baggage, particularly since you can only take one bag on domestic flights unless you're flying internationally part of the way. Also, if there is a delay for whatever reason, they'll be more willing to put you on the next flight...

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: Timeline

aussiewench,

If I were in your place, I'd go with whoever gave me the cheapest fare.

Accidents can't be predicted and as someone who has flown a lot on American airlines, I am now immune to bad/non-existent service.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Lots of great info/advice here :thumbs:

With the 'code share' in mind.......I just found a flight Qantas/AA with POE at LAX then onto Miami. Gives me 2.25 hr stopover in LAX.....that should be plenty of time to get through, yes? Its a shorter trip all up to, only 21hrs :dance:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

I would think that'd be enough time, wench, but I've never flown through LAX - let alone passed through immigration.

I know you'll have an easier time (rechecking baggage and such) staying within the 'One World' umbrella though. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

True,

SWA does not fly International, but in the US, you can usually find great fares if you book in advance. Keep in mind SWA flys to many smaller airports near or out major cities, that is how they keep prices lower, so look to make sure you are going to the destination you think you are going to (ie you want to fly into DFW in Dallas, but end up flying into Love Field in downtown Dallas).

The real trick to all this, book as far out as possible, try to stick with one airline (easier transfers of baggage and yourself) and shop around but stick with the better websites available.

When I arrived at LAX I had allowed 6 hours to go through immigration before catching my next flight as I was arriving at 2:30 in the afternoon. As LAX is one of the busiest airports, used to dealing with immigration they were really professional and extremely well organized and it only took me 45 minutes including the time spent getting off the plane to clear immigration with my luggage and everything!

I really think you should be ok with more than two hours between flights.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

FWIW I love JetBlue. If you ever get the chance fly with them.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
When I arrived at LAX I had allowed 6 hours to go through immigration before catching my next flight as I was arriving at 2:30 in the afternoon. As LAX is one of the busiest airports, used to dealing with immigration they were really professional and extremely well organized and it only took me 45 minutes including the time spent getting off the plane to clear immigration with my luggage and everything!

I really think you should be ok with more than two hours between flights.

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure Qantas will use the Bradley international terminal, and the immigration/customs area is pretty big. It can handle a lot of people so two hours should be plenty. If you're taking AA the rest of the way just exit the terminal, turn right, and walk to the next terminal which is American. The past two times I've flown out of there, once security was no hassle, the other time there was a very long line and then I got chosen for "special inspection". Took about an hour that time. :P

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!