william_wallace

Suit or casual wear

38 posts in this topic

It was hot in there at the end of July with big fans blowing. At least two walls are glass windows so I guess it was hard to keep cool. I had to use the I-134 as a fan. I thought it was going to look alot nicer than it did....big noisy rectangular room with hard floors, and blue plastic stacking chairs, and over 100 people crammed in. I was envisioning carpet, leather and wood chairs, sparsely spaced in little groupings and maybe 20 people at the most. :rofl: Guess that's my bank lobby I was seeing in my mind.

I vote for the kilt. It will give people something to stare at or try to look up while they're so bored waiting. :P

I better not wear a kilt.........100 people crammed in a room and knowing my luck I will let of a silent but deadly.....Mmmmm there's a plan. Wonder if it will work lol.

beach_1_001.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to wear something smart-ish to help me feel more professional at the interview.

However, when I was washing my hands in the bathroom later that day, I realised that my top was a little lower-cut than I thought (and a wee bit too big, so it slipped down over the course of the day) and that every time I had leaned in at the window to better hear what the interviewer was saying I had most likely given him a very good view of my bra! :blush: Yet I was still fine; so really, it doesn't matter!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I wanted to wear something smart-ish to help me feel more professional at the interview.

However, when I was washing my hands in the bathroom later that day, I realised that my top was a little lower-cut than I thought (and a wee bit too big, so it slipped down over the course of the day) and that every time I had leaned in at the window to better hear what the interviewer was saying I had most likely given him a very good view of my bra! :blush: Yet I was still fine; so really, it doesn't matter!

Lol. Bet he was sweating a bit.

beach_1_001.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe THAT is the reason you got approved :devil:

wtf-picard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Smart casual. Leave the suit at home.

Absolutely disagree - what happened to standards???

Well, my now husband wore smart casual for his embassy interview. We've now been married more than 6 months, so I don't think his outfit made a whit of difference in whether or not the visa was granted.

Ive been twice and ive worn Jeans and a T-Shirt each time, havent noticed many suits when Ive been there.

David (UK) - Melissa (OH)

I wore tshirt & jeans. They don't judge your visa on what you wear! I think they have more important issues to consider. Probably just as well, as Lindsay would probably deny me on my dress sense!! :lol:

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

First of all, whoever moved this thread is violating the guidelines of moving (plus they moved it into the wrong forum anyway). This is a grey area thread, thusly it gets to stay in the UK forum. I'm moving it back - please leave it there.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.