HLM

Tuesday!

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks! :D

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Actually Nawal that was not a bad suggestion ;) I have a really good friend that I went to highschool with who founded and started hindiflix and he's like a millionaire now at 24 years old, seriously, so I think that a arabflix could make some money if someone has the start up capital for it. I'm just not so sure the pesky FBI would take kindly to the burn method lol :devil: UnderGround ArabFlix :lol:

Timeline

:(

:cry:

I had to take a break - I am working on a scrapbook of me and my hunny from all my trips to Morocco and I'm on the last page of my most recent trip and the pic of me and him right before the airport. I remember the heart-wrenching feeling of having to leave and not knowing when we would see each other again. He was trying to make jokes and cheer me up, but it wasn't working..It's like convincing a child that the shot at the doctor's office really won't hurt, but they know better... I thought the security guard would have to pry me away. I didn't want to let him go when we said goodbye! Ugh. Worst day ever.... remembering the whole story behind the pics....

I miss him so much :(

I dont mean to be a downer! Just had to pour that out.... :blush:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had to take a break - I am working on a scrapbook of me and my hunny from all my trips to Morocco and I'm on the last page of my most recent trip and the pic of me and him right before the airport. I remember the heart-wrenching feeling of having to leave and not knowing when we would see each other again. He was trying to make jokes and cheer me up, but it wasn't working..It's like convincing a child that the shot at the doctor's office really won't hurt, but they know better... I thought the security guard would have to pry me away. I didn't want to let him go when we said goodbye! Ugh. Worst day ever.... remembering the whole story behind the pics....

I know how u feel and everyone here has been thru this :( God knows its the hardest thing i ve ever been thru and continues to be so... i havent seen my husband in 8 months!!! and there r others who havent seen their spouses in longer time than that! I pray for u and for every single one who is not reunited with their love yet; to be with them sooo soooooooooon ya rab ameen.

Feel free to say how u feel n vent anytime u want... we re always going to be there for u ... u re a MENA sister now :D

HUG (F)

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Thanks. I feel better after crying it out and posting here. I even called my mom... :P Go figure I needed my mommy...LOL..

(L)

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Stardragon, i know the feeling (F) that is definately the hardest thing! i remember going up the escalator and when reaching the top you could overlook the airport and there my husband was..waving bye, i think i about brokedown, very very hard to turn and walk away. i still remember like it was yesterday. Time usually goes by so fast but when you're waiting for something time just drags!!!!wishing you the best of luck!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Happy Wednesday everyone!

And congrats to new mom JP for her beautiful baby girl!

As for me, I am going in tomorrow for some checks since I having contractions -->not sure the real thing or just Braxtons!

Star: We all need our mommies! I just talked to mine ... and o boy do I wish she were here! Only she would *understand*!

Filed: Timeline

Awwhhh!!!! Just like everyone else told you, we all definitely know that feeling and it is a horribly rotten thing.. I did it so many times but it just seemed the worst part was not knowing when I'm going to get to come back... I even sat on a plane and threw up from just crying and being so upset :blush: And several times those big armed guards in Tunis with the huge guns had to tell me that it was time to go through (they check tickets and suggest (kindly haha ) that you go through an hour before ) and other times I went through and I wanted to go back out and they gave me the nudge to get back inside .... :blush: One last kiss, one last hug, smell him one more time.. It's sooo hard.... But then there is the day we all wait for where we pick them up at the airport here and get them in our arms and know we won't have to let go, that this is real and forever..... I hope that day comes for you so soon star!!! :star: :star:

Timeline

Hahah....thanks ladies (L)

Yeah, after I went through the "secured area" the x-ray scanner asked me why I was crying and I told her I was leaving my heart behind. She saw my ring and henna on my hands and she said "why are you crying! You should be happy - you're married now!" (well, engaged but same difference there...lol)

Ok, on to the Wednesday thread :D

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.