Muh and me

Frustrating Mena Men

61 posts in this topic

I haven't read all the posts here as I'm at work. However, sometimes the old habits don't die and they are in denial. My husband has had 3 accidents since Nov of 2007. The latest being last week friday. Still he fights and argues with me when I talk about his driving and it's never his fault. I used to own a beautiful 2005 Highlander....

Maybe it's better that he doesn't drive if he's not going to take it seriously.

Oh my! 3 accidents! that's scary!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmm....I wonder if this will be an issue with us. While, yes, many many times when I was with him when he was driving, I tried to slam my foot through the floor of the car (trying to brake.....lol), there were also times when he would drive slow and when I'd ask him why he was driving slow he'd say "Baby, there's a speed limit"....lol (as he's driving between 2 lanes) :P

Emm..I think if he just drives within the lanes, we'll be good. :D

OH, and not try to kill a pedestrian while driving. Yeah. Then we'll be good....lol

Edited by star_dragon

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Timeline

:lol: Very true!!! I saw that so much in Tunis - I asked .. Why do they even paint lines on the road if no one is going to drive in them? I guess they like to take their half out of the middle :devil:

Hmm....I wonder if this will be an issue with us. While, yes, many many times when I was with him when he was driving, I tried to slam my foot through the floor of the car (trying to brake.....lol), there were also times when he would drive slow and when I'd ask him why he was driving slow he'd say "Baby, there's a speed limit"....lol (as he's driving between 2 lanes) :P

Emm..I think if he just drives within the lanes, we'll be good. :D

OH, and not try to kill a pedestrian while driving. Yeah. Then we'll be good....lol

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
Not everybody is cut out to drive. My daughter, Jessica, had drivers ed like all kids do. Well, she froze up. Her teacher called and told me if she did not get behind the wheel and drive he would give her an F every day. I said 'ya know what, if she is afraid to hurt someone by her driving, I think you should be happy she is being honest." Well, she got an F and had to do 2 hours of step aerobics back to back everyday..lol.

She's now 31 still not driving. So, maybe he is not a driver. He's a rider. Nothing wrong with that.

jJ

Jackie is right, please don't scream to him and be patience take time to be adjuster in USA, maybe he don't want to tell you and he don't like to drive, talk to him comunication is the best way sweety. good luck

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Madrid, Spain my husband is Jordanian

Marriage : Jan. 28-2008 we know each other since 2003

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-21

I-130 touched 10-06-08 and again 10-07-08

I-129 Sent : 9-10-2008 Your item was delivered at 2:05 PM on September 13, 2008 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479. 4 months later because they never send me the receipt was an error in the address

I-129 NOA1: 09-16-2008

touched!! 9-27-2008

I-130 Approved : 3-2-2009 I'm so happyyyyyyyy!!!!

I-129 Approved: 3-2-2009

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :

3-11-2009: Pay I-864 Bill

3-12-2009:Receive I-864 Package :

3-12-2009 : Return Completed I-864 :

3-10-2009: Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

3-18-2009: Pay IV Bill :

3-19-2009: Receive Instruction Package

4-8-2009:Case Completed at NVC

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 4-13-2009 at 11:57 am

Medical Exam: 5-11-2009

Interview Date :5-20-2009 at 9:am the time in Florida will be 3:00 am

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My hubby has been studying the permit test and will inshallah take it either this week or next week...prolly next week I think. Then comes the fun part. He is addicted to this ps2 game "need for speed" and when my oldest daughter saw him play it she put her arms up, walked out of the room and yelled "i hope we have good insurance!!!!" :rofl:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
My hubby has been studying the permit test and will inshallah take it either this week or next week...prolly next week I think. Then comes the fun part. He is addicted to this ps2 game "need for speed" and when my oldest daughter saw him play it she put her arms up, walked out of the room and yelled "i hope we have good insurance!!!!" :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

[. I yelled at him all the way to dropping him off at work, and went to work in tears. :crying: . HELP!! What the heck can i do?

HI - first I want to say you both are one of the most delightful couples I've read about here on VJ. Really your very down to earth and real. It's nice to see the good and the bad experiences we go through when our spouses make it to us. I can relate to your fear and at the same time i'm sure we'll laugh about these experiences in the future. If your husband is Muslim like mine the word of advise I can give you is be sweet and soft spoken and patient. He is new in this country so you can only imagine what he must feel. I didn't realize I was being terrible to my husband when I was talking to him like he'd been in the states for years. Now that I have been more patient and understanding he is doing really well with his driving. No matter what keep the flame alive in your hearts and remember why you fell in love and give him 101 kisses a day and i'm sure he'll work together with you about his driving. My husband Farid says he looks like a good man. I'm sorry you both have had the bad experience with your family and I hope they will realize that you both love each other very much ALLAH bless you both with a prosperous and happy marriage also my husband is sitting here next to me and reminds that they say children and animals are good judge of character and it seem like your pet loves your husband by the photo, so take good care of him and i'm sure it will bring the memories of why he fell in love with you... can we add you as our first friends? We posted for information but didn't receive anything from our fellow algerians or algerian's spouses so maybe we can become friends with you both. Thanks Farid and Debbie ;)

Filed: Timeline
WAW I am sorry Prena! I am bet your insurance went throu the roof!

along with her husband...lol :lol:

:lol:

Youve seen people driving overseas. My husband cant get over the fact that driving rules actually mean something.. like stop signs etc.Like you actually stop at them or get in trouble if you drive too fast

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have to add to this that the other night my husband was driving awesome in a rainstorm with a screaming baby in the back. Pulled in the driveway and almost hit our garage....he got the brake and gas mixed up. :bonk::help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Right now my husband is studying too. But he doesn't understand that without a car to take the driving test, he needs to have the driver's permit issued first (so that a driving school will let him use their car to take the driving test). We are bumping into the problem of, "we need a car to take the driving test, but the only people willing to let us use a car are insistant Abbas has the driver's permit first"

How close are you to the rest of us Nutty?? Any chance your husband wants to give out driving lessons? :lol: Your MENA posse would keep a lot more of our hair hehehhe :rofl:

My husband, luckily, knows how to drive. In fact, he was the Qaulity Control Director in a tire production company. So he had to "test the tires" on different tarmacs. One German company even flew in a professional test driver from Germany to teach my husband how to do specific manuevers to test the tires.

I know!! Your little Tinkerbell yelling at Kamal .. that's what I thought of!!! :rofl: Just even crazier that it looks like the inside of your car!! lol

OMG Ashley-that looks like the inside of my car and my dog!!!!! i'm not kidding.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband has never really driven in his life, but let me know that he wanted to get his license before coming to the US from Cairo. I could have died when he told me all they made him do was sit in the drivers seat with one leg in and he was done! He let me know that he'll drive better than me after a week of practice. :o NOT IN MY CAR!

I also sent him a site for our local news so he could see the traffic cams. He was very confused why all the cars on the roads were using their lights, at night. "Are they afraid to get lost?" God willing he'll be here soon, but he let me know he doesn't want driving lessons from anyone but me. I asked if he really wanted to get divorced that soon??? :rofl:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.