nimche

August I-130 approvals, lets do NVC together.

3,334 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks to everyone for your help with NVC... Our case got complete yesterday!! We did it in exactly 21 days!

ChooChoo....CONGRATULATIONS.

So does that mean the LingChe guide helped???

Thank you! I think when we started NVC your guide was not out yet, so i was basically looking at both Loto's and that other one which i cant remember the name right now. lol. but im sure u know which one i mean. But half way through the process LingChe gude was out and yes it helps! I dont know how this happened but they gave me the IIN number the first time I asked. This saved alot of time!! Also, my husband sent the docs directly from pakistan to NVC instead of it coming to me first and then I send it off. Honestly, i think we could have been done about 4 days sooner if we would have gotten the police report. Because of the Eid holidays in Pakistan that got delayed few days.

LingChe guide is really good and I think it will be easy and fast for everyone to follow.

Oh yea, and we checked those documents like a million times. lol. Made sure no mistakes and no blanks and no gapss in time on any of the documents. Also, that big one - made sure to put "PRESENT".

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
chooochoo you went through great on your own.. i am impressed great job!

Thank you... but i wouldnt say on my own. I had all this help from this website and especially my husband :)

but thanks alot again! And inshallah your case will be complete on Monday, i am pretty sure it will be :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
chooochoo you went through great on your own.. i am impressed great job!

Thank you... but i wouldnt say on my own. I had all this help from this website and especially my husband :)

but thanks alot again! And inshallah your case will be complete on Monday, i am pretty sure it will be :)

i hope soooooooooooo you'll all know :thumbs:

Amy,

Welcome and thanks to master Rajaa for inviting her over to this thread. You should have come earlier than this but its never too late.

So you are waiting to send your DS-230 package?

Edited by nimche

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Hayyyyy Nimche there you are how's it going????

Chillin...

Counting days, booking hotels and flights...

counting money :devil: too much :wacko:

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

are you saying you have too much money to count? now i know that isn't true or you wouldn't be here.... I am so excited about the trip i am planning i can't wait to tell my husband about it. Seattle to Spain .... travel with him to casablanca then come home together (Insha'allah). Dream come true just 3 months doesn't seem so long now hehehe

are you saying you have too much money to count? now i know that isn't true or you wouldn't be here.... I am so excited about the trip i am planning i can't wait to tell my husband about it. Seattle to Spain .... travel with him to casablanca then come home together (Insha'allah). Dream come true just 3 months doesn't seem so long now hehehe

Money :devil: Noch, no money for me. I am counting Ling Ling's money :dance:

You know what? If they would tell me 4 years ago that my wife's interview is on Nov 12th, 2008 we could have planned our life little better.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

awwwww but you're almost there! sooooo close Nimche i am so excited for you

I am excited for myself..... :dance:

Wify is at the embassy today to apply for italian Visa...

She will have that in two weeks

I hope this will end on Nov 12th.

Coming soon on VJ's teathers

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

hi all!

I am a september approval but i thought i would come to you guys for advice. I really really want to do everything in my power to try to get a november interview date. so, here's my question.My IV bill should be invoiced tomoorow for me to pay it. I want to be able to mail off the ds-230 package by Monday to NVC but the issue is we dont have the police report yet, willl have by wednesday. So, i was thinking to mail the ds-230 package wihtout the police report on monday, so atleast the processing can begin and then by wednesday or thursday, mail the police report separtely and just tell them i forgot to add it in. What do you guys think, will this work or cause it to delay even more? I was thinking if i mail the police report by wednesday then there isnt enough time for them to issue the rfe and they can just put itwith my paperwork. Any advice guys?

Its kind of cool to do it this way but you should always put some room aside in case NVC got confused and screwed up your case.

If I were in your position and I knew for sure that PCC will be in my hand by Wed. I would wait till then and overnight the whole package. I am sure you take full responsibility of your action here, but what if the officer look at your case day after NVC recieves it which is Wed and your PCC is not there, BANG, RFE is on its way.

I have told everyone and you on top of it, make sure your forms are all filled out and PART I signed and PART II unsigned. Double check question 20 and make sure you have all dates on the form.

Double check all of your evidence.

Don't risk for an RFE for couple days.

Good Luck

thanks for your answer! We just really somehow want a november interview date... If i wait and NVC gets my documents by thursday the 9th, i really truly doubt that our case will be completed by the 15th, so we could maybe get a november date. Well, we will still keep our fingers crossed and hope for that. thanks again! good luck to you too!

Choochoo,

I'll go against Sir Saint Nimche the Good and Gold.

If you were trying to be as safe as possible, you should probably wait until you have everything.

But you're not trying to be as safe, you're trying to be as aggressive in getting your case complete.

Given that, if you go conservative...you're right, you most likely won't get a November interview.

If you go aggressive, there's a small chance, and the worst case is that you're back to the conservative timeline.

The key is...TRIPLE check everything you're sending in. Get someone that's not involved, show them the instructions, and THEN

have them look over your paperwork. Do a search for "Stupid RFE" on the forum. Make sure you're aware of all the things that can be avoided.

Send off your IV Package on Saturday, use USPS express...do not require a signature.

As soon as you have your PCC, send it express, but send it (with the barcode sheet) to ATTN: DR (instead of ATTN: CMR).

Part of your plan HAS to be calling NVC twice a day to find out if you have an RFE. Call once before 5pm, and after 5pm.

You're asking for a lot to happen before Oct. 17th, but it's possible.

Good luck.

Oh...found this...the quide was available before you started...Nimche mentioned question 20, and we noted to...TRIPLE check everything. Not trying to take credit away from your effort...but want to make sure that our guide and guidance is actually helpful.

Looks like it was.

Congrats again.

awwwww but you're almost there! sooooo close Nimche i am so excited for you

I am excited for myself..... :dance:

Wify is at the embassy today to apply for italian Visa...

She will have that in two weeks

I hope this will end on Nov 12th.

Coming soon on VJ's teathers

RIGHT ON NIMCHE....way to go.

So how's my money...and am I the only one that has to scroll to see your timeline?

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm not an August approval, but I was delayed sending my husband's DS-230 because of the original documents they needed and him not having the new Iraqi G-series passport. He first tried refugee during the summer and this required him to bring all the original documents. We had heard and were told refugee is faster than spouse visa so we gambled and waited to continue on with the spouse visa (you can see how well that worked out). Also, they needed him to give copies of the G series passport which is not easy to get outside of Iraq. He requested it last December and didn't get it until July!

I worry about my husband's police clearance certificates. The NVC website says they are unavailable for Iraq so I didn't submit one. He lived in Syria for just short of a year so I didn't send that either as we couldn't possibly get it. He couldn't get a visa back into Syria to obtain it and the Syrian embassy in Amman refused to help with the clearance or even give us a paper saying they don't issue visas to Iraqis or police clearances. Since he was one week short of staying in Syria a year it shouldn't matter as the guidelines say it must be over one year before you have to provide it. I did type a letter explaining why we did not provide the police certificat for Iraq and Syria (giving exact dates he resided in Syria). I hope this will suffice so we can skip the RFE. We did give a police certificate for Amman though it has not been one year yet that he has been there (it will be in another month and a half). Only problem is the police clearance didn't put his surname on the clearance. They just put his first three names so hopefully they will let it go on that one. Otherwise I will argue it hasn't been a year yet and he can provide a new one at the embassy interview. Anyone think there will be problems in all this? I really worry.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.