MENA MUSIC

63 posts in this topic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
I have to give you some Tunisian flavor.... Two of my favorite songs that are just entirely Tunisian by probably the most famous singer to come from Tunis, Saber al Rebai

There is no way you can't want to dance with both of these songs!! :dance:

If you want arabic lyrics (phonetic) or English translations let me know and I will PM them to you!

Sidi Mansour (ya Baba)

and Barcha Barcha

our cat loves barcha barcha. my husband had it in his cell phone and would play it and the cat came running every time. also i just played and and it never fails...she came running.

as for me...i like american music only. if i cant understand it to sing along then its worthless to me.

Filed: Timeline

Barcha barcha is a great song -- The beat is just awesome!!!

I understand what you are saying totally, Music doesn't always have the same meaning when you don't understand it.. But if you're interested at all.. Quite a few of the last videos I posted do have English subtitles at the bottom. :D

our cat loves barcha barcha. my husband had it in his cell phone and would play it and the cat came running every time. also i just played and and it never fails...she came running.

as for me...i like american music only. if i cant understand it to sing along then its worthless to me.

Khaled I know about too

HEY THANKS GUYS

more more we need more and videos are an added perk thanks

can you list the sites where you find the latest music and videos???

are there any radio stations you can listen to online to hear the stuff they are listening to over there?

although beloved by moroccans RAI is 100 percent Algerian originating in ORAN and west Algeria. Moroccan rai is very synthesized and they like to cover Algerian singers

HASNI ,KHALED are from ORAN/// Mami is from Saaida Algeria, Lamine is from Algiers Algeria.. I always laugh when my male moroccan friends put on aicha to seduce american girls at the coffee shop and sing to them and tell them THIS IS OUR MUSIC/ I tell them no honey, this is ALGERIAN...

You need to play some CHAABI or ANDALOUS and then you are playing Moroccan music oumr.. Rai started in Oran in the 1970s when the synthesiser came out and was added to algerian wedding music//// its never and will never be moroccan/// although they are some of its biggest fans and love khaled and hasni and nasro

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OOHHHH...I love Arabic music! :dance:

Ok, checking my ipod:

Nancy Ajram - I love her - if you seach her on youtube, someone has her music vids with the english subtitled translations. I like to send these to my finance depending my mood - (for example when we argue, I send him Ah w Noss....LOL...)

Of course Khaled, Amr Diab (Toul ma'an shayfak is my fav - sooooo romantic)

For Moroccan music, some of my faves are Daoudi and Fnaire (Fnaire is hip-hop though, but still, in arabic and very catchy - they have a myspace page if you want to listen to some: www.myspace.com/fnairemaroc.com).

I built up my music collection by grabbing music when I was in Morocco or having him send me some cd's - though most of my collection I got from the library, where I work (Putumayo puts out a lot of compilation cd's and they're good to at least get an idea of artists you might like) and also, I buy mp3's from amazon.com. I like them better than itunes and they have a better selection of arabic music.

Oh and speaking of myspace, I found a lot of artists on there too, if you search music, just putting a search by country (Morocco, Algeria, Lebanon, Egypt seems to have the most search hits).....

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline

Oh, and there's also Alabina - a group that does Spanish, Arabic and English. The singer, Ishtar is from Israel but her parents are Egyptian and Moroccan.

Of course there's also Hossam Ramzy and bellydance music. I discovered a lot more artists from the many Bellydance compilation cd's you can find out there. My favorite is one called Flamenco Arabe which is a fusion of Hossam Ramzy on the drums, with Spanish guitar. It's instrumental and very pretty to listen to. I bought the mp3 of that album on amazon.com also.

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

One of my favorite Cheb Khaled (Algeria) songs .. Featuring Melissa... She sings in French and he sings in Arabic.. It's from the French movie Taxi 4 ... A great song about the struggles between a Father and his daughter - she's trying to grow up and he still sees her as a child...

I love the beat!!!! And Cheb Khaled just seems to get better looking as he ages....

Ya Benti...

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Timeline
One of my favorite Cheb Khaled (Algeria) songs .. Featuring Melissa... She sings in French and he sings in Arabic.. It's from the French movie Taxi 4 ... A great song about the struggles between a Father and his daughter - she's trying to grow up and he still sees her as a child...

I love the beat!!!! And Cheb Khaled just seems to get better looking as he ages....

Ya Benti...

YES! Love that one too.....She sings another one in french called Elle...it's too the tune of Stevie Wonder's "Part time Lover" but is totally about something different - about her and her mom. I heard it a lot on Moroccan radio stations when I was there in November and fell in love with it. I thought it was a love song but no, another one about parents...lol...

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

YESS!!! I love that one too!! hehe It's so pretty thank you for putting it up here, I forgot about it..

she's saying..

elle est mon ame she is my soul

elle est mon cœur - she is my heart

elle est ma flamme, mon bonheur she is my flame, my happiness

cest elle qui ma donne la vie, Elle fait partie de moi she was she who gave me life, she is part of me

elle est mon sang she is my blood

elle est mes yeux she is my view

elle est mon ange, le plus precieux She is my angel, the most valuable

cest elle qui maa donnee la vie, Elle fait partie de moi she was she who gave me life, she is a part of me

Ya Benti...

YES! Love that one too.....She sings another one in french called Elle...it's too the tune of Stevie Wonder's "Part time Lover" but is totally about something different - about her and her mom. I heard it a lot on Moroccan radio stations when I was there in November and fell in love with it. I thought it was a love song but no, another one about parents...lol...

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Timeline

Heehee....no problem ..

Now I'm on a roll...another favorite - Reda Taliani....tho maybe he was already mentioned.... :D

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Arabic music is forever in my Soul!!!

AMR DIAB, TAMER, FADL SHAKER, ELISA, NANCY, CHEB KHALED and Most Lebanese Signers... I LOVE LOVE Arabic music..

B)

Nita

I thought I'd lighten the topic and ask a question I'd been thinking about.

First, I love, I mean I LOVE ETHNIC MUSIC but the arabic music :whistle: (if i may categorize it as such) is da BOMB!

I definitely have my favorites and most of my time shopping there is finding new, awesome music.

Old ones or new....what are some of your favorites or what would you recommend?

Alot of times I cant spell the names of the artists but Amir Diab is certainly up there for me

MY MACK DADDY OF ALL I HAVE HEARD CHEB HESNI, MAMI, ELISA, and NANCY something or another.

anyhow please share I'd like to get some ideas...I miss Morcco

TAMER< :dance: TAMER :dance:

:luv:

Ahh Tamer :blush: :blush: :blush:

aktar haga

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Sidi Mansour this one of the famous arabic songs in San Francisco Bay Area!! You always hear it at Arabic Dance Events. I love this song!! Also Cheb Mami has some great songs!!!

Nita :luv:

I have to give you some Tunisian flavor.... Two of my favorite songs that are just entirely Tunisian by probably the most famous singer to come from Tunis, Saber al Rebai

There is no way you can't want to dance with both of these songs!! :dance:

If you want arabic lyrics (phonetic) or English translations let me know and I will PM them to you!

Sidi Mansour (ya Baba)

and Barcha Barcha

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

ok ok ok

you guys totally went off on a tangent!! LOL

:thumbs:

thanks alot

I have been listening to the french/tunisian station since ash gave me link

wait wait

so there is Paterson NJ which is like a small arab nation here??

i mean is this what Addison (or Edison) NJ is for the Indian peeps?

if so, gotta go and who is going??

ASH you arent far from me and we gotta meet up anyhow

lemme know k

ok ok ok

you guys totally went off on a tangent!! LOL

:thumbs:

thanks alot

I have been listening to the french/tunisian station since ash gave me link

wait wait

so there is Paterson NJ which is like a small arab nation here??

i mean is this what Addison (or Edison) NJ is for the Indian peeps?

if so, gotta go and who is going??

ASH you arent far from me and we gotta meet up anyhow

lemme know k

Yep..Paterson is a small Arab nation...LOL. It's home to the 2nd largest Arab population next to Dearborn, Michigan...(little bathroom knowledge..lol) I can't go now..I'm in Arizona but when Ash comes and rescues me to bring me back home to the East Coast and away from heat and scorpions :whistle: We will be going all the time! She's not allowed to go without me!! Joking :devil:

I can't wait!!!!! Really..... It's not the same without you!!!!! :cry:

Yep..Paterson is a small Arab nation...LOL. It's home to the 2nd largest Arab population next to Dearborn, Michigan...(little bathroom knowledge..lol) I can't go now..I'm in Arizona but when Ash comes and rescues me to bring me back home to the East Coast and away from heat and scorpions :whistle: We will be going all the time! She's not allowed to go without me!! Joking :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.