Sprailenes

What are your weekend plans?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
So you are driving up then? How many hours to the border?

Yes, driving up. I enjoy the drive, plus I like my independence. My parents always tell me I am welcome to use one of their cars but I hate asking. Much better this way. But the coup de grâce is that I can bring a whole pile of items with me that I wouldn't be able to on a plane. I have Christmas prezzies which I have purchased throughout the year that I can bring, plus I will have a whole carload of food and items I can bring back! That really excites me. :lol:

The drive, for me, takes about 19-21 hours. I usually stay in Beckley, West Virginia, overnight, and will sometimes stop in Erie, PA to do some shopping. My husband says he can track my movements by watching the bank account. :lol:

:rofl:

I think we are booking Christmas tickets home this weekend-- yippeee!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband says he can track my movements by watching the bank account. :lol:

I know. :blush:

Yay for Christmas tickets home! :dance:

:lol:

That was one of the things I liked about the instant update on Canadian online banking - if my Husband was going 2 or 3 places I could see where he was up to by checking the bank account :hehe:

Filed: Timeline
My husband says he can track my movements by watching the bank account. :lol:

I know. :blush:

Yay for Christmas tickets home! :dance:

That was one of the things I liked about the instant update on Canadian online banking - if my Husband was going 2 or 3 places I could see where he was up to by checking the bank account :hehe:

You and my husband should get together and start a detective agency. I was just so naive and surprised that he even knew where I was/had been. Here's me thinking "Wow! You know me so well!" :lol:

iagree.gif

whatever everyone is planning, have fun and stay safe.

me, i'm packing for my trip to Wisconsin next week. washing dogs, my bike and cleaning the house. then figuring out where to put everyone if they decide to evacuate. fingers crossed...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're supposed to go the beach(Siesta key) but the resort that we are trying to book called us back today to inform that there's no room available that's sucks! and most of the beachfront accomodation dont accept daily basis and if they did its so expensive but anyway my friend called me today too and invite us to go boating tomorrow, Isnt it great!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You and my husband should get together and start a detective agency. I was just so naive and surprised that he even knew where I was/had been. Here's me thinking "Wow! You know me so well!" :lol:

Mmmmmm fried dough, here I come!!!!! I seriously cannot wait to eat fried dough and watch horse pulls. I am such a dork!!! I just hope baby boy enjoys the fair too and isn't too fussy.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

The drive, for me, takes about 19-21 hours. I usually stay in Beckley, West Virginia, overnight, and will sometimes stop in Erie, PA to do some shopping. My husband says he can track my movements by watching the bank account. :lol:

haha, that's funny about the bank account...ours usually doesn't post it to the account until the next monday so it wouldn't work very good :P

You are so brave Krikit to drive 21 hours on your own!!! The most I did was 7hours and that was enough for me! I'm the kind of person that sleeps during car rides, so the long driving was killing me!

So whatever you guys do over the week-end, drive and travel safely !!! Have a good week-end everyone :)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Timeline
We're supposed to go the beach(Siesta key) but the resort that we are trying to book called us back today to inform that there's no room available that's sucks! and most of the beachfront accomodation dont accept daily basis and if they did its so expensive but anyway my friend called me today too and invite us to go boating tomorrow, Isnt it great!

Ohmygoodness, I (L) Siesta Key. It's so beautiful. Amazing sand.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have bread to make...we're all out of bread and now that I have the ingredients to make some, there's no reason NOT to. Hubby works...he works EVERY weekend. I guess I should be glad he doesn't have to work nights. Of course, there's always school stuff to work on for next week...which will be a short week...we're out of school Monday (Labor Day). Hubby has to work that day though. When he is off, I'm working. When I'm off, he's working. At least he's working. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A quiet weekend here . . . yard work and more garden harvesting . . then an old friend is stopping by this afternoon and we will be going out together for dinner. Tomorrow meeting up with a couple we met through VJ (she's from the Ukraine) for lunch followed by coffee at B&N, then Monday going over to a friend from work's house to help her out with her computer link up - the wireless doesn't want to connect to the internet as wireless, so hopefully Joe can straighten it out for her.

Quiet weekend - busy week to follow though - working on a new exhibit for the Tourism Center, then heading off to meet friends in North Carolina at the Terra Nova Spiritual Center.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Well we had a fantastic weekend in Afton NY....

Lots of action, a 3 hour canoe trip, berry picking, drunken evenings playing beer pong and riding quads through the woods.

I loved every second and was so sad to come home yesterday.

:) I have tons of pictures so I'll post some soon.

Hope all had a great long weekend!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.