Sprailenes

What are your weekend plans?

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going nowhere. I have a new reading program I have to read up on and watch the video that goes with it. Lesson plans too I suppose...and get ready for the beginning of our afterschool tutoring program which starts up the first week of September.

*sigh*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is a stay at home, do nothing night. Tomorrow, we are going to dinner and then to see RENT at a local summer stock theater. Looking forward to something to get my mind off of hubby not having a job. Realistically, we shouldn't be going (should be saving the money), but we made these plans ages ago and the tickets have already been purchased, so hell with it, we're gonna have fun!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

RENT is good, have seen it twice!! Once in Vancouver and once in DC

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I just ate the biggest bucket of boardwalk fries. EVER!

<<< Jealous!!!

I hope to be able to get hubby out of bed by 10am. Like Emancipation, I'm hoping we can go for a bike ride too. It's gorgeous here right now!

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i plan to study,lol I have had like the last month to do reading prior to class start, but nope, barely read anything,lol so book time it is!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Yea the amount of Francophones down at the Jersey shore is incredible. You can always tell them apart because the men wear speedos.

Ah yessssss, Quebeckers and their Speedos...and gold chains.

Hahaha!

I got dragged to Old Orchard Beach when I was in Portland, Maine because friends there kept talking about it.

So off we went, and guess what?

Not a single Speedo clad man any where.

Only handsome guys in board shorts.

Mmmmmm....

:star:

I just ate the biggest bucket of boardwalk fries. EVER!

Yummmmm...

Nicely done Sprailenes!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Today I am going to get my asss handed to me by Mother Nature.

Lake Michigan is unpredictable and I am prepared to take it.

Racing on a fun boat (J109) today to help raise money for the Leukemia Cup.

My sweetie is already covered in bruises from his racing of late, and today he will add to them.

I will count them and then call him a spazzzzz.

Hee, hee.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today I went shopping with one of my best friends... and then we purged my closet, it was really needed and super fun. I have 4 bags of clothes fro goodwill and 1 bag of shoes. I don't know how I'll ever move... I'll have to purge even more and that scares me!!

Tonight I'm actually going to organize and do laundry

Sunday we're having a birthday party for my brother at my Grandparents house, so I'll be helping with that.

My life is going to be so different once I move... scary.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wegmans is like the best thing since the cheese slicer, I swear.

We went for our first time today and found Tim Hortons ground coffee, my husband was waaay more excited than I was. I think he had a tear in his eye. He's not even Canadian :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
My plans for the week-end: Get better. Wednesday they said they would get the lab results in 48 hours saturday....but 48 hours should be today right ? Hopefully they call me today and I can get started on some medication and be good to go back to work on Monday :( sigh

How are you feeling, Mephys? Did you get your results?

Next weekend is camping upstate, I have been looking forward to this for like 4 months..omg yay!! :D

[/color]

Did you ever think in your wildest dreams as a child, you too would be using the cool sounding word of upstate? Cause I like it :yes:

"Upstate" is a verra cool word. It's also very beautiful. Not the word, the place. :lol:

Wegmans is like the best thing since the cheese slicer, I swear.

OMG, you have a Wegmans!?!!! That is my most favourite store EVER. I want a Wegmans. :crying:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yes, we went for our first time yesterday, I have been trying to convert my husband from shoprite because its not a good shopping experience. Its kind of blah. So I convinced him to go to Wegmans. Its like heaven, it reminds me of the Zehrs or Canadian superstore. Its love!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Busy day yesterday - started early. We were supposed to have a guy with a backhoe come to do some landscape work on the very back of our lot at the top of the hill. He needed to access it through a neighbour's property as the hill is too steep for him to get up with the backhoe (the one neighbours we asked never got back to us, fortunately we have nicer neighbours on the other side and they said 'no problem'). So, he called at 9 am to say he had a flat and was getting it fixed but should be there by 10. At 10 he called and said that the backhoe was needed at work but would be free by 2. So, we raced out to do what we were going to do in the afternoon. Joe needed a new pair of work shoes (the soles on his are cracked in half) and we had seen some shoes at the army base PX last week so went back this week. He found a good pair of Rockwells on sale and a pair of New Balance sports shoes so bought both. We stopped at a garage sale on our way home and whoohoo - we hit jackpot! We found 6 stem of our crystal wine glasses for $3, a crystal cruet set for $3, 3 pieces of glass casserole baking dishes, really nice pattern, for $1 each, 2 candle hurricane glass covers for $1 each, a really nice multi-folder canvas binder for 25 cents, a heavy zip-up fleece jacket in perfect condition for $2 (my new winter coat, heheehe), some things for the grand-kids, and some other odds and ends - we spent $15 and made out like bandits! I LOVE garage sales like that!

The backhoe showed up at 1:30 and did a great job on levelling the ruts left at the top of the hill so we can now use it. Of course, the noise of the backhoe and the noise of the neighbours mowers caused 2 of my cats to panic. We had been in and out and in and out the doors and when I couldn't find one of them inside, I panicked too! I searched every conceivable place within the house - even smaller than cat sized spaces - and Lion was no where to be found. As he is the one who has slipped outdoors on us before (we always caught him immediately), of course, I thought he might have slipped out. Joe and I went outside looking and calling (but the noise was still going on so I feared he had taken off and was hiding someplace and would never be found!). I am in tears. The backhoe finishes, the noise stops, I keep looking. For 2 hours more we look and no cat. There are no places in side I haven't looked, including behind the fridge, the washer and drier, behind and inside everything in the closets, under all of the furniture including places he couldn't fit, inside the luggage, everywhere . . . no cat! I come back from looking some more outside, and there he is - inside! Big relief, yes, but for the life of us, we have NO IDEA of where he could have been inside. We checked everywhere. The fact that he didn't come when called, and we couldn't find him anywhere does concern me for a time when we may NEED to find him,

So, that was yesterday. Today we will take it easy and just go out for coffee later at B&N. It has been beautifully cloudy, breezy and cool the last few days as the northern cloud and rain bands from TS Fay go over us - kind of perfect weather.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Wow. Now THAT'S what I call a busy day! Good score on the garage sale stuff. I can empathize with the missing cat story. I had an indoor cat that went missing all day, once, too. Looked high and low for her. NO idea where she went. But just as I sit there biting my nails and wondering what to do next, in she walked blinking and yawning. Darned cats.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.