Aymsgirl

TGIFridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Im trying to stay positive and I know the wait should be almost over but he is getting worse. He isn't wanting to get out of the house when I leave anymore and if I ask him what is wrong he tends to think I am trying to cause problems. He says it makes him feel in his mind something is wrong. My husband was an extremely busy lawyer pulling 18 hour days before he came here and now he is worried about when he can work and what he will do. It makes me feel bad and there is nothing I can do. I just hope that he will not turn over and look at me and feel like he resents me one day.....

I know how that goes...and I always pray that my DH doesn't resent me. Even now I apologize for how hard our life has been here in the US - and I do have alot of regrets. It tears you apart inside to see them as the shell of the man they once were. My hubby used to work as an international business consultant brokering major trade deals between South American countries and the rest of the world. He went to work everyday in a suit and tie - and he loved it! He has tried to do certain things here but it seems like he can't get his foot in the door anywhere and now he feels so removed from what he was doing before. At present, he works in a call center for a major company doing bilingual work. He hates it, but the pay is so-so. I just wish God would give us something better for the both of us...but most especially for him...he deserves so much.

If you ever need to talk PM okay?

Thanks Staashi!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

off again today...this will end my 3 days of relaxation!!! back to reality tomorrow...

so zaids been sleeping from about 8pm to 7am for the past week now..i just gave the little booger some cereal and a bottle, and he passed out again...I SURE love this sleepin thing...

So im about to give up on my dog, he is almost 10 months and still not house trained...he goes out first thing in morning, after meals, and about every hour or so in between..if he goes in the house i tell him BAD DOG and he goes in his cage for 15 mins..I just dont know what to do with him..

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good morning girls!

I really like the "flavor" that MENA threads always have!

We are a tasty bunch! :star::thumbs:

As for the weekend... it's a good one ahead: work/dance tonite, bake bread tomorrow am, go to a dance theater production in the afternoon w/ my best friend, then a couple's wedding shower in the evening. On Sunday best friend & her hubby and 8 mo/old daughter will come over to work on our computer while I cook mansaf for them! :dance: :dance:

Right now, however, I'd love to go back to bed............ off to work!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

Little dogs are the hardest to train because their bladders are so tiny. I had two mini poodles and they still made mistakes all over the house after a few years and forget about it when people came over they'd jump and pee on them. I don't miss those days! Awesome little sleeper you have. My oldest was like that and would sleep from 7 to 7, then nap from 10 to 12 and 2 to 4. I think they grow in their sleep so it's very good!!! My little one hated nap time and was always up. Maybe she'd catch a wink during the day for and hour or so.

Tasha I feel for you and all others who don't have the EAD yet. Has he been at least applying though while waiting? Even the act of getting the resume together and going out on interviews can spark up their mood. I hope it comes soon though.

Good morning girls!

As for the weekend... it's a good one ahead: work/dance tonite, bake bread tomorrow am, go to a dance theater production in the afternoon w/ my best friend, then a couple's wedding shower in the evening. On Sunday best friend & her hubby and 8 mo/old daughter will come over to work on our computer while I cook mansaf for them! :dance: :dance:

Can they work on my computer after? I miss my computer!!! :crying::crying:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
Little dogs are the hardest to train because their bladders are so tiny. I had two mini poodles and they still made mistakes all over the house after a few years and forget about it when people came over they'd jump and pee on them. I don't miss those days! Awesome little sleeper you have. My oldest was like that and would sleep from 7 to 7, then nap from 10 to 12 and 2 to 4. I think they grow in their sleep so it's very good!!! My little one hated nap time and was always up. Maybe she'd catch a wink during the day for and hour or so.

Tasha I feel for you and all others who don't have the EAD yet. Has he been at least applying though while waiting? Even the act of getting the resume together and going out on interviews can spark up their mood. I hope it comes soon though.

Good morning girls!

Can they work on my computer after? I miss my computer!!! :crying::crying:

So far we have had about 34 resumes sent out. No calls, not on one of them. I thought about taking him to Home Depot and places like that. What do you put when it says are you legal to work in the US? I mean in the future yes, but his Temp EAD expired in July.

Timeline

Kelly--I have a schihtzu and he is about 6 pounds and a little sneak. He is almost 8 years old and still sneaks and poops in the house about once a week. It is gross, I told my daughter you want to keep him you are responsible for him. You feed him, and if he messes its your job to clean up. My husband refuses to let the dog out during the day because the dog is a Houdini...he gets out of the yard. He said if he escapes he will be accused guilty of releasing him. So poor Pooh Bear has to hold his pee and poop until I get home or the kids.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning! I did not want to wake up this morning. I'm a ball of nerves and I didn't get much sleep. Badr's plane is landing in 6 hours. So I'm off to get ready, take the kiddo to the bus stop and drive 2-3 hours depending on traffic to go pick up Badr.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

tasha, we have one of those stakes you screw into the ground with a 15 foot chain, i always use that cuz one side of our back yard isnt fenced..

everyone has told me small dogs are harder to train, but, its not like my dog doesnt know better, he is just an #######...he wont let you know in any way shape or form that he needs to go out...my sis has 2 dogs that she trained to ring a bell when they need to go, and they do it everytime..my dog will be out for an hour..and he will pee, but the minute he comes in he goes #2..sometimes ill catch him JUST about to poop, so ill scoop him up, take him out, but he refuses to go, and holds it in. its like he doesnt like to do it outside or something..for now, if he isnt outside using the bathroom, he is going into his cage every other hour..i dont know how else to teach him that it is not okay to go in the house...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Good Morning! I did not want to wake up this morning. I'm a ball of nerves and I didn't get much sleep. Badr's plane is landing in 6 hours. So I'm off to get ready, take the kiddo to the bus stop and drive 2-3 hours depending on traffic to go pick up Badr.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

EXCITING!!!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Ohh I remember that night going to the airport .I know u are so excited .Have a safe trip!

Filed: Timeline

my ex and i had the same problem with our dog Daisy (weiner dog) and the simplest thing worked for us- whenever she did her business outside, we brought her in right away and rewarded her with treats and soooooooo much lavished over exaggerated attention. It took about 4 days but after that she stopped going in the house - downside you need a constant supply of doggy treats but you can get some cheap and it might be an even trade off for all the frustration for in house accidents!?

tasha, we have one of those stakes you screw into the ground with a 15 foot chain, i always use that cuz one side of our back yard isnt fenced..

everyone has told me small dogs are harder to train, but, its not like my dog doesnt know better, he is just an #######...he wont let you know in any way shape or form that he needs to go out...my sis has 2 dogs that she trained to ring a bell when they need to go, and they do it everytime..my dog will be out for an hour..and he will pee, but the minute he comes in he goes #2..sometimes ill catch him JUST about to poop, so ill scoop him up, take him out, but he refuses to go, and holds it in. its like he doesnt like to do it outside or something..for now, if he isnt outside using the bathroom, he is going into his cage every other hour..i dont know how else to teach him that it is not okay to go in the house...

Timeline

Soak up every exciting second! For me even the short ride to Logan was awesome!!! I actually arrived 2 hours before his flight just 'cause I LOVE airports and all the hustle and bustle!

Sidenote: when I was there a woman came off a plane with a bunch of other passengers in the international section and she came straight to me and started talking Arabic. I must have had that deer in the headlights look and she realized I don't speak arabic but she was almost in denial for a while 'cause she kept saying "no arabic?????". I guess seeing the hijab made her assume. Anyways I was able to get out of her that she was here for the first time ever to live with her husband. She was from Algiers and her husband had been here for a while but was from Algiers too. She was the tiniest little thing, though tall and she was sooooooo scared and crying that he wasn't there. She waited, no joke, 3 HOURS for him to come get her!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had asked where he lived and he was all of 10 minutes away from the airport and there was NO traffic so no excuse from what I saw.

When my husband had arrive and we finally got his bags I saw the guy and she stood up waving to him. You'd think he would have ran to her and apologized left and right , RIGHT??? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......he SAUNTERED over to her like he was king sh!t it made me sick !!!! I kept talking about it to my husband and half way home he finally said, "habibti...I'm here in the US :whistle: " LOL I was THAT upset about it!!! If that were my husband I would have turned around and left after the first hour.

The first time I went to Cairo I couldn't find Usama and didn't realize that they keep the nonpassengers outside. I didn't know that becuase there were taxi and limo drivers and I called and threatened to not leave the airport and go home!! That's after 5 minutes of not seeing him I can't imagine 3 hours!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Well, Ive been waiting for a Friday thread and it looks like all of my early morning peeps are still snoozing or I have just totally overlooked the thread.

We got a touch yesterday on our I485 and so did Mohamed and Melinda :dance::dance: We are praying that either the EAD or the Permanent Residency card comes really soon before hubby loses his mind at home and causes me to go into depression :(

I have to do the whole leave work thing go pick up husband, drop him off at the dentist, go back to work, pick him up again and take him home thing. Lots of running to do besides that I think I will spend my weekend cleaning and getting school supplies.

How about the rest of you, anything interesting going on?

Have a great weekend and I am praying that those still waiting get to be united with their loved ones and those anticipating papers to progress see something as well!

Thank u Tasha !! I believe we are going the same path with AOS! We get touched the same day! Yes we feel like a taxi sometimes! When I went to pick Mohamed the other day at work I waited 1 hour hes luckly I didnt leave him!! Amir wasnt very happy waiting for daddy that long.

Im praying for Ayman he will find any type of job for now.

DSCI3664-1.jpg

Happy Friday! Lexy survived the first day of school and is excited to go back today. I posted a video on my Myspace page! Go check it out.

Weekend plans.....nada. I work today til 3, then Ibrahim date time, then a measure at 6pm. Then I am free! I am sure I will be obsessively checking with NVC and USCIS.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

jJ

Jackie I love the picture of Lexy !! She's beautiful !

Filed: Timeline

Gooood morning :) I hope that everyone is having a great Friday and that your weekends are relaxing and joyful!!

We'll be running around getting last minute school things for the kindergartner that starts on Monday, Ramadan meal purchases, and then off to another classic car show.....

My Uncle is obsessed and has gotten my son into it as well... Classic cars really aren't my thing but it makes him happy so I concede... Here's a picture from one that we went to two weeks ago (he thinks he's bigger than he really is!! lol )

l_b11d44f0db9351bc2252f71b1f925192.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.