AVISA

Whats Next?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What happens next at the NVC after the both the AOS and the IV fee bill are paid with money order?

Do they send us some packet or will they complete the case after review. I read up on the guide but found it little confusing and wanted opinions from all of you.

So do they send us the packet now and if so does anyone know in how many days after recieving the payments, and will the automatic response at NVC tell me if they have recieved the AOS & IV Fee Bill.

Any reply is helpful Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NVC sends out a letter stating that petition is on it's way to consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What happens next at the NVC after the both the AOS and the IV fee bill are paid with money order?

Do they send us some packet or will they complete the case after review. I read up on the guide but found it little confusing and wanted opinions from all of you.

So do they send us the packet now and if so does anyone know in how many days after recieving the payments, and will the automatic response at NVC tell me if they have recieved the AOS & IV Fee Bill.

i have question though my wife just received the letter from nvc stating that she needs to pay the iv fee for $400 ... where and which bank can she go to make those payment??? or to make a money order or cashiers check???? thank you

It takes 3 days to cash the money (approx), then they will send you a package, but you can use james's shortcut and submit your I864 and ds230!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

i have question though my wife just received the letter from nvc stating that she needs to pay the iv fee for $400 ... where and which bank can she go to make those payment??? or to make a money order or cashiers check???? thank you

You can pay it online... (you will need a IIN)

please read the thread "Frequent Requested Links" at CR1 forum

Edited by Yiyi and Chris

Lifting Conditions

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

NVC sends out a letter stating that petition is on it's way to consulate.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

They still have to send the actual forms...the I864 and DS230...before the case is complete. The payments come before those forms are sent to the NVC.

Edited by LuLu

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Timeline

thanks i'll try to read the link

Timeline

thanks i'll try to read the link

what number should i call to get theIIN? thank you

Filed: Timeline

Money Orders can be made from any banks USA. Or you can call the NVC and get the IIN# to pay it online. But make sure that it has been generated (most likely it probably has since she was asked to pay...but it does not hurt to makesure). If you end up paying without it been generated this may delay your case for month or two.

after paying the Affidavit of Support, it will a week or two before you'd recieve your AOS instruction packet. YOU (Petitioner) will have to comply all the needed documents required upon submitting your AOS to NVC to avoid any RFE. same a pplies to DS-230, wait a week or two, this time, your wife/husband (Beneficiary) will have to fill out this form since his/her original signature is needed. but take note (DS-230) -- SIGN ONLY PART ONE, since part 2 will be signed infront of a CO at the USEM where he/she will be interview.

THEY WILL NOT SEND PAPERS FOR YOU TO FILL-OUT...they only send instructions (that why they always refer to it as INSTRUCTION PACKET). you will have to download both AOS and DS-230 online and fill-out the form and submit it with the necessary documents. the REVIEW is done once you have submitted the forms. if all submitted documents are complete and forms all fill-out with the correct infos then theres no problem. if all instructions are followed then an RFE wont be expected.

dont be confuse, take a deep breath and understand the details so you wont commit mistakes. sometimes responses from other members might be contradicting, thats why somehow i understand the confusion. try to visit family base immigration .com. im sure you will find it helpful. NOT TOO MUCH CONFUSION THERE. hahahaha...you'll thank me later..

there wont be any AUTOMATIC mail response from NVC, you need to call them to know.

Edited by MJ3lasvegas

The number you need to call to get IIN is The NVC number, but is a lil tricky, tell them that you want it for your own records and that you're not gonna pay online, that you know that the system doesn't work.... otherwise they can refuse to give it to u

Lifting Conditions

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Timeline
The number you need to call to get IIN is The NVC number, but is a lil tricky, tell them that you want it for your own records and that you're not gonna pay online, that you know that the system doesn't work.... otherwise they can refuse to give it to u

i tried calling nvc last saturday i didnt have any problem getting my IIN.... so thanks guys for all the tips.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.