Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

aaww too bad... does he like really sweet things though ??

it does look like it got a little overcooked which would make it a little sweeter too.. I just cook it until the top is set and golden brown... it is supposed to be a little gooey in the middle...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I think for me one of the funniest questions I get asked (and I'm the USC!) from my students is "Does he speak Canadian?" or "Can you speak Canadian?"

I have been asked the infamous igloo question...and how does he manage to dig out of all that snow they get up there...

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

it does look like it got a little overcooked which would make it a little sweeter too.. I just cook it until the top is set and golden brown... it is supposed to be a little gooey in the middle...

He doesnt really like super sweet stuff - but Stacey mentioned its similar to pecan pie sans pecans - so I thought it worth a try :P Its possibly overcookd a bit - but it is still gooey in the center. I am happy I added the almonds though - add a nice crunch with the goo :P

ETA: the picture makes the sugar on the outside look darker than it really is. It almost looks burned in the piccy (but is not)!

Edited by LaL

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Oh I have also been asked if I eat: "Mukluk"

Umm those are shoes. hahaha.

Hee hee hee!!!!

I also get the whole: "Do you know a so and so from Vancouver?"

YES AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO. WE'RE BFF'S!!! WOW WHAT A SMALL WORLD EH!?

That works for gay people too. Since my brother is gay and lives in California, I often get "OMG I KNOW A GAY PERSON TOO! DOES YOUR BROTHER KNOW ______________?!?!?!?" Yes, all gay people, much like all Canadians, have a network and they stay in touch telepathically. Amazing, really.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
ok - sooo I made it and wow! It's sweet! I probably did a bad thing and added slivered almonds to it.

Does this look right?

001.jpg

looks great.. and yeah it is sweet....

Looks burnt to me...But what do I know about butter tart?? :huh:

N-400

November 2009....Apply for citizenship

Dec 21st 2009....Biometrics

Feb 16th 2010....Interview

April 2010....Citizenship!!

Timeline

He doesnt really like super sweet stuff - but Stacey mentioned its similar to pecan pie sans pecans - so I thought it worth a try :P Its possibly overcookd a bit - but it is still gooey in the center. I am happy I added the almonds though - add a nice crunch with the goo :P

ETA: the picture makes the sugar on the outside look darker than it really is. It almost looks burned in the piccy (but is not)!

ok.. the question is.. do you like it?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Looks good to me. Almost good enough for me to go make my own, except our air conditioner broke AGAIN, and I really don't want to turn the oven on :(

*sigh*

second time in as many weeks...this sux

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
I also get the whole: "Do you know a so and so from Vancouver?"

YES AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO. WE'RE BFF'S!!! WOW WHAT A SMALL WORLD EH!?

That works for gay people too. Since my brother is gay and lives in California, I often get "OMG I KNOW A GAY PERSON TOO! DOES YOUR BROTHER KNOW ______________?!?!?!?" Yes, all gay people, much like all Canadians, have a network and they stay in touch telepathically. Amazing, really.

That seems to work for people from pretty much anywhere, really. When I'm outside of Texas, such as either U.S. coast, the northeast or even the deep south (no, Texas is not part of that), I can get asked all sorts of stupid questions. Plus, I'll sometimes get the inevitable: "Hey, I know so-and-so from Texas! Do you know him too?"

The latter hasn't happened nearly as often in Canada (but it has occurred a couple of times) and the former is almost a regular thing, if someone knows I'm a Texan. Usually the first statement made is, "The weather must be a lot different down there!" :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

These are normally in tarts, so a 'piece' of it is probably a bit much for anyone - except those with a REALLY sweet tooth.

That said, it looks perfect to me and not burnt - I support your butter tart - pie!!

188939001219595036.gif

These are normally in tarts, so a 'piece' of it is probably a bit much for anyone - except those with a REALLY sweet tooth.

That said, it looks perfect to me and not burnt - I support your butter tart - pie!!

188939001219595036.gif

awwwww :lol:

Timeline
:lol: Trailmix.

To me, buttertarts have raisins in them. But someone else told me that buttertarts don't have raisins.... that those are raisin tarts. Or buttertarts with raisins. Am I the only one that thinks that? Is it because I'm a furriner?

no you are not the only one.. butter tarts have to have raisins :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Im tempted to make some butter tarts, but don't think my waist line would appreciate it,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
:lol: Trailmix.

To me, buttertarts have raisins in them. But someone else told me that buttertarts don't have raisins.... that those are raisin tarts. Or buttertarts with raisins. Am I the only one that thinks that? Is it because I'm a furriner?

Dear Furriner,

You are both right and wrong. Some tart de butter have the little dried grapes from California (where the happy cows live) and some do not.

If you like ze little grapes, you should place those in le tart, if not, then you should not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.