Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are butter tarts.? :unsure:

:o:bonk:

And you call yourself Canadian?! :lol:

I call myself a French Canadian, and I have Tourtiere, Poutine, Oreilles de crisse, Tarte au sucre

So there :P

Haha. yeah really. I don't think a single French Canadians plays with the Montreal's Canadians anyways

Alex Tanguay, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Georges Laraque, Steve Begin, Maxim Lapiere, Mathieu Dandenault, Patrice Brisebois... :whistle: All french-Canadians playing for Montreal :yes:

I love to see girls showing their hockey knowledge! :P

Never said I had knowledge :no: I hate hockey. And they will probably exchange your players anyways soon because they are too good and Montreal doesnt pay them enough.... :lol:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You forgot "les Pettes de soeur , les chips au ketchup, le pouding chomeur et le ragout de pattes de cochon!" :P

...And I won't discuss hockey with you , I don't want you to make a fool of yourself in public anymore :devil:

N-400

November 2009....Apply for citizenship

Dec 21st 2009....Biometrics

Feb 16th 2010....Interview

April 2010....Citizenship!!

Was it the Air Farce that did that segment where they would ask random Americans questions about Canada?

"How is Canada going to fill up Dalton McGuinty's hole?" and people would answer: "With trash" "with cement" :lol:

Close. It was a segment of This Hour has 22 Minutes called Talking to Americans. It was hosted by Rick Mercer. CBC has also had a Talking to Americans 1 hour special as well. Go to YouTube and search Talking to Americans for some good clips! I wonder if the dome is finished being built to protect the national igloo from global warming....

Ahh yes thats it! Thank you!

I am going to go youtube this when I get home. I loved the episode where they were getting Americans to congratulate Canada on finally making insulin legal. :lol:

This is especially ironic being that it was a Canadian who discovered insulin! Here's a list of other favourites (stolen from Wikipedia):

* asking Americans what they felt about the Russian invasion of Chechnya and Saskatchewan.

* persuading Americans that Canada is getting a five-dollar coin. It would have had a maple leaf on it and it would have been called the "woodie".

* getting several Americans to say that Edmonton should be bombed.

* telling residents of Chicago that Canada was considering changing its name to Chicago, and asking them what they felt about that idea.

* asking if Americans should try to liberate Nelson Mandela.

* persuading Americans to congratulate Canada on legalizing VCRs or adopting the twenty-four-hour day, (ex-Iowa governor Tom Vilsack was fooled by this one).

* various political controversies involving one or more Canadian provinces.

* congratulating the Canadian government on building a dome over its "national igloo" (apparently a downsized version of the United States Capitol made out of ice) to protect it from global warming (one of the interview subjects so fooled was Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee).

* agreeing that the U.S. should bomb Saskatchewan or send ground troops into Gilles Duceppe.

* proposing the idea that a Canadian company actually had the mining rights to Mount Rushmore due to the plutonium within (plutonium is also a synthetic element).

* suggesting that when Canada would make a replica of Mount Rushmore, they might add William Howard Taft, Richard Nixon, and Brian Mulroney - at one point, a woman objected to Taft, saying that he did not best display American qualities, but she was fine with adding Brian Mulroney, former Prime Minister of Canada.

* congratulating Canada for getting its first university.

* congratulating Canada for getting a grade 9 and a volunteer fire station.

* changing the words in the Canadian Anthem and asking Americans to sing it.

* congratulating Canada for officially joining North America.

* controversy around the reconstruction of the historic "Peter Mann's Bridge", named after "Prime Minister Peter Mann" (actually a pun on the name of Canadian journalist Peter Mansbridge).

* asking if Jean Chrétien-Pinochet should be charged with crimes against humanity.

* asking students and professors at Columbia University to sign a petition asking Canadians to discontinue the practice of abandoning the elderly on ice floes.

* congratulating Prime Minister Tim Horton on getting a double-double (a coffee with two creams and two sugars or, according to Mercer, 'support on both sides of Congress').

* congratulating Canada on legalizing the stapler.

* the coronation of Svend Robinson as King Svend I.

* congratulating Canada for moving the capital city from Kingston, Ontario to Toronto (the actual capital is Ottawa).

* asking university students and professors to sign a petition against the Saskatchewan seal hunt and the Toronto polar bear hunt.

* asking Americans how many states Canada has (Canada has provinces, not states).

* wishing Canadians a "Happy Stockwell Day".

* congratulating Canadians on classifying Labrador Retrievers as elephants as to prevent them from being used for hard labour.

* congratulating the newly-elected prime minister of Chinese descent.

* tricking Americans into thinking that Canada did not have "high-tech" things such as airplanes, paved roads or FM radio.

* asking if Canada should replace its propeller planes with jet planes.

* saying that the country was allowing its Irish citizens to vote, stating that it was previously prevented by the French Canadian separatist movement.

* stating that in the last 30 years Canadians did not have any election recounts because Canadians use birch branches or pine cones as voting tokens.

* congratulating Canadians on offering bilingual tours of Joe Clark's Hole.

* asking if Canada should have a navy even though it is a land-locked country. (Canada is not in fact landlocked, having shores on the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic Oceans, and has a navy, the Canadian Forces Maritime Command or MARCOM)

You forgot "les Pettes de soeur , les chips au ketchup, le pouding chomeur et le ragout de pattes de cochon!" :P

...And I won't discuss hockey with you , I don't want you to make a fool of yourself in public anymore :devil:

I make a fool of myself all the time to make people laugh, nothing wrong with that :devil:

And besides, I am sick atm so I can't really think of food too well.....

I hope you'll get well quick, ma pitchounnette! :)

Ew...dont' call me like that , makes me bad memories of my father, which I don't get along with at all and didn't talk to for the last 11 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Haha. yeah really. I don't think a single French Canadians plays with the Montreal's Canadians anyways

Alex Tanguay, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Georges Laraque, Steve Begin, Maxim Lapiere, Mathieu Dandenault, Patrice Brisebois... :whistle:All french-Canadians playing for Montreal :yes:

The Habs need to recapture their great French-Canadian heritage, guys with names like Jarvis, Shutt, Dryden, Risebrough, Moore, McNeil, Hainsworth, Langway,... :lol:

Mephys is trying to learn about hockey mais she only gets to see the Black Hawks play. :P

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Was it the Air Farce that did that segment where they would ask random Americans questions about Canada?

"How is Canada going to fill up Dalton McGuinty's hole?" and people would answer: "With trash" "with cement" :lol:

Close. It was a segment of This Hour has 22 Minutes called Talking to Americans. It was hosted by Rick Mercer. CBC has also had a Talking to Americans 1 hour special as well. Go to YouTube and search Talking to Americans for some good clips! I wonder if the dome is finished being built to protect the national igloo from global warming....

Ahh yes thats it! Thank you!

I am going to go youtube this when I get home. I loved the episode where they were getting Americans to congratulate Canada on finally making insulin legal. :lol:

This is especially ironic being that it was a Canadian who discovered insulin! Here's a list of other favourites (stolen from Wikipedia):

I know! That entire episode had me on the floor laughing soo hard!

Gee who knew I would go on to marry an American.

When my husband first came to Canada he disputed that our lakes weren't lakes because they were sooo big and he never seen anything like it. Then I came down here and saw their "lakes" and told him: "Those are puddles dear"

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I hope you'll get well quick, ma pitchounnette! :)

Ew...dont' call me like that , makes me bad memories of my father, which I don't get along with at all and didn't talk to for the last 11 years.

Hopefuly it's not because of a hockey issue! :D Sorry about the nickname, that was the 1st silly Quebecois name that crossed my mine when I wrote the post. ;)

N-400

Timeline

Alex Tanguay, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Georges Laraque, Steve Begin, Maxim Lapiere, Mathieu Dandenault, Patrice Brisebois... :whistle:All french-Canadians playing for Montreal :yes:

The Habs need to recapture their great French-Canadian heritage, guys with names like Jarvis, Shutt, Dryden, Risebrough, Moore, McNeil, Hainsworth, Langway,... :lol:

Mephys is trying to learn about hockey mais she only gets to see the Black Hawks play. :P

The Hawks will be a very good young team this year with Toews, Sharp, Campbell, Kane and Cristobal Huet in net!

The New NHL09 video game will include a special team with all of the great from Montreal's past with Lafleur, Richard, Roy, Savard, Geffrion and Lemaire...That should be awesome!

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I call myself a French Canadian, and I have Tourtiere, Poutine, Oreilles de crisse, Tarte au sucre

I LOVE my grandma's tourtiere! so so so good

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This thread had me laughing so hard.

When I taught in NYC I had a lot of people asking where I was from in Canada (they all immediately assume Toronto).

Hardly anyone knew where Alberta was, even when I said, just north of Montana. Some of them were like, "Montana? Where's that" and these are well educated people (elementary school teachers!)

I could understand it if the parents of my students didn't know (I taught in the projects in Harlem) but teachers?!

Meanwhile I can locate all of the states on a map and tell you the state capitals with 98% accuracy (sometimes I mix up one or two)

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.