Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The best question I have been asked since I have been here was on the first warm day of spring 2005. I was asked "Is this the first time you've worn sandals? Does it get warm enough up in Canada?" :wacko:

I worked for 10 years in jobs that dealt a lot with tourists from all over the world, so I am used to questions of that nature, but I have to admit that one took the cake for me!

And I am tired of the "eh" and "aboot" thing -- I don't do that!! :diablo:

My luggage is bright red Roots luggage so you can't miss me going through the airport LOL

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
the squares I make taste almost exactly like the tarts but are so much easier to make...

please do share the recipe! I miss butter tarts but I'm just too freakin' lazy to make 'em. If the squares are easier, I just might find the inspiration!

I have a Made In Canada tattoo. In both languages. I like Quebec, no matter how much half of them hate the rest of us. ;):P

I think CanuckAbroad.com used to sell Canadian travel packs, with little backpack flags and t-shirts that said "don't shoot, I'm Canadian!". :lol:

Butter Tart Slice

1/2 cup butter

2 tablespoons white sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

2 eggs, beaten

1 tablespoon vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup raisins

Cream butter and sugar. Blend in flour. Pat into a 9 by 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 5 minutes. combine remaining ingredients. Pour over base. Bake until set at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

what are butter tarts.? :unsure:

If I have some made before our lunch, I'll bring some for you to try.

Yes the squares are much easier to make, but I take after my mom and like the real deal. :yes:

to me the squares taste exactly the same as the tarts.. just in a different shape... *shrugs*

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Thanks for the recipe Marilyn!!! :)

*Nick thanks you too*

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Oooo..I am so going to try that recipe !!!

I am Canadian, but I live in New Zealand...so I get comments all the time, even after 15 years.

They call me "moose' at work, and are always on about how I must be used to the cold, so a little of what passes for winter weather here shouldn't bother me. (It does, it's bone chilling damp)

Oh ya..the out and about...all the time being asked to say that..heh..

"Canada? It snows there doesn't it? Yes...but only in the winter...." :P

I was told today by one of our heli pilots that I sound like the warning system ..

In the chopper which says "Terrain alert! Pull up! Pull up!"

Like the doors on the new lifts at Auckland Hospital..."Please stand clear the doors"

My car has right hand drive, and a boot not a trunk..but it does have a Maple Leaf on it :yes: Right next to the USMC decal!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for the recipe, I think I will make those for my birthday and stick candles in it :D

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While looking for apartments we had one girl who kept going on about how I must be used to the cold.

I feel like I am though. Some days in the fall/winter everyone around me is in a jacket and I am in a sweater. Last year there was a snow day and my son and I were looking out the window asking "Why" I lived in the Georgian Bay area, which is better known as the snow belt, one year we had snow banks that crept half way up the telephone posts.

But the same went when I lived in North Bay and friends came up to visit from Toronto and it was -15 and I thought it was nice. But it was for that time of year.

I guess it depends.

I don't know, I have been here for a year now though, maybe this winter I'll be freezing my ### off to -5 degree weather.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
what are butter tarts.? :unsure:

:o:bonk:

And you call yourself Canadian?! :lol:

Have you ever had people lie that they were Canadian?

No word of a lie, I have met two people who want to be Canadian sooo bad they actually tried to lie about it.

That's just weird. lol

The best question I have been asked since I have been here was on the first warm day of spring 2005. I was asked "Is this the first time you've worn sandals? Does it get warm enough up in Canada?" :wacko:

:rofl:

My luggage is bright red Roots luggage so you can't miss me going through the airport LOL

Mine's bright green! Let's get together at Christmas! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine's bright green! Let's get together at Christmas! :lol:

:lol:

Mine is black, I can come along as Switzerland.

I haven't really spoken to anyone here, so I haven't heard any comments. I did live in New Zealand for a long time though, I got a lot of "oh are you Canadian, I like your accent" - but that was about it. Ok to be honest - that was sometimes followed by a derogatory comment about loud Americans :lol:

When we first moved there my Son was about 4 and he was outside talking to some kids and within a few minutes there were about 15 kids at the gate just there to listen to the Canadian accent - I thought that was so cute.

Filed: Timeline
Mine is black, I can come along as Switzerland.

:lol:

When we first moved there my Son was about 4 and he was outside talking to some kids and within a few minutes there were about 15 kids at the gate just there to listen to the Canadian accent - I thought that was so cute.

Awww. That is cute. It's funny how you never think you have an accent until someone tells you you do. lol

iagree.gif

While looking for apartments we had one girl who kept going on about how I must be used to the cold.

So does that mean she wasn't going to fix the furnace or plug the draft, then?

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Haha. yeah really. I don't think a single French Canadians plays with the Montreal's Canadians anyways

Alex Tanguay, Francis Bouillon, Guillaume Latendresse, Georges Laraque, Steve Begin, Maxim Lapiere, Mathieu Dandenault, Patrice Brisebois... :whistle: All french-Canadians playing for Montreal :yes:

I love to see girls showing their hockey knowledge! :P

N-400

November 2009....Apply for citizenship

Dec 21st 2009....Biometrics

Feb 16th 2010....Interview

April 2010....Citizenship!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.