Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

First off did you really just found out that VJ isn't just about immigration ? And why is it ODD to find this kind of messages in Canada forum...What is wrong with you ? Don't you EVER read in Canada forum

Nothing is wrong with the member. :) Most of us don't read every forum or every thread in the forums we do frequent. No point in making an issue out of a non-issue.

And you will have to clarify me.....what does a TYPICAL CANADIAN looks like ???? Is there a preset look to look Canadian ? That comment is about as clever as saying that you don't look like a Typical American.......

My impression from that was that the member doesn't fit some people's idea of what a typical Canadian looks like. Those of us from Canada know that there is no typical Canadian, but we could make a similar mistake with people from other countries. :blink:

I don't mean to turn your sweet side down Vanee, but all these comments are from a member that was reading Canada forum last year more than you would know, and would bash canada the minute she could. She is not so innocent.

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to turn your sweet side down Vanee, but all these comments are from a member that was reading Canada forum last year more than you would know, and would bash canada the minute she could. She is not so innocent.

Watch out Mephy's...you are really going against being a Canadian....we have to be nice as pie at all times....we have no back bone remember?

Stay to form girl!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Mephys,

No, I didn't think that VJ was just about immigration, nor did I just read messages in the Canadian forum. But being that Visa Journey is mainly about immigration topics (hence "VisaJourney: Your Family Immigration Community"), I thought most topics around in all the forums (not just the Canada one) were about immigration-related issues. When I said "odd" I didn't mean it as a bad thing. What I meant was that it was "out of the ordinary", but in a good way. I'm glad that there are non-immigration topics here too, as off-topic posts and threads makes the environment around here more relaxing, friendly, and less serious. I'm all for having fun and learning online, seriously, and non-seriously, and yes, VJ is the place to be for that :).

Lol...You're right in saying that there is no "typical Canadian" or "typical American" look. There is no wrong or right way to have and/or to be associated with one culture or country. However, there are many stereotypes and prejudices out there, which are unfortunate, and I don't like it that people are preceived a certain way just because of that. Rather, it is what one is on the inside, as to how they feel about being associated with one or the other. So on that note, anyone can be "Canadian", "American", "Or Any other Country/Culture", as long as they feel like they are. Contry/culture is more than just a piece of paper. It is more so about belonging and feeling where one really is...

Ant (Feeling both Canadian and American at the moment...)

WTH

First off did you really just found out that VJ isn't just about immigration ? And why is it ODD to find this kind of messages in Canada forum...What is wrong with you ? Don't you EVER read in Canada forum

And you will have to clarify me.....what does a TYPICAL CANADIAN looks like ???? Is there a preset look to look Canadian ? That comment is about as clever as saying that you don't look like a Typical American.......

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

No, I didn't think that VJ was just about immigration, nor did I just read messages in the Canadian forum.

Then why do you write something if you don't believe it ? I just believe you should think twice about the way you word your sentences, as they are sometimes offending, or don't make sense.

Hi Vanee,

My thoughts exactly...

My impression from that was that the member doesn't fit some people's idea of what a typical Canadian looks like. Those of us from Canada know that there is no typical Canadian, but we could make a similar mistake with people from other countries. :blink:

Canada (and America) is such a "multicultural moasic", indeed! Heck, even when I was in Canada I didn't fit into being "a typical Canadian" there either. And now I don't fit into being "a typical American" here too. Nevertheless, now I still feel like I can associate with being both countries and cultures, especially on the inside, despite being preceived differently on the outside....

So then, what is a "typical Canadian" or a "typical American" (and no, I don't mean the "stereotyped" version of what a Canadian or American is supposed to be)...

Ant (Mistaken Canadian and Mistaken American, Yet am still both...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So then, what is a "typical Canadian" or a "typical American" (and no, I don't mean the "stereotyped" version of what a Canadian or American is supposed to be)...

You're the one who keeps saying you're not "typical" so maybe you should just go ahead and answer your own question.

Donne moi une poptart!

Hi Sprailenes,

I did answer the question here:

There is no "typical Canadian" or "typical American" look. There is no wrong or right way to have and/or to be associated with one culture or country. However, there are many stereotypes and prejudices out there, which are unfortunate, and I don't like it that people are preceived a certain way just because of that. Rather, it is what one is on the inside, as to how they feel about being associated with one or the other. So on that note, anyone can be "Canadian", "American", "Or Any other Country/Culture", as long as they feel like they are. Contry/culture is more than just a piece of paper. It is more so about belonging and feeling where one really is...

Ant (Feeling both Canadian and American at the moment...)

You're the one who keeps saying you're not "typical" so maybe you should just go ahead and answer your own question.

There is no "typical Canadian" or "typical American" look

Alright so then, you are saying there is no typical Canadian....but yet you call yourself a "non typical Canadian"

Paradox ? anyone ?

From Wikipedia :

A paradox can be an apparently true statement or group of statements that leads to a contradiction or a situation which defies intuition; or it can be, seemingly opposite, an apparent contradiction that actually expresses a non-dual truth (cf. Koan). Typically, either the statements in question do not really imply the contradiction, the puzzling result is not really a contradiction, or the premises themselves are not all really true or cannot all be true together. The word paradox is often used interchangeably with contradiction. Often, mistakenly, it is used to describe situations that are ironic. A great example is hating cucumbers, hating yogurt, but loving tzatziki sauce.

Hi,

Yes, I'm "non-typical", as in I'm not the "stereo-typical" person that I'm preceived to be on the outside. I am who I am on the inside, which is "non-typical"...

There's nothing wrong with being different, and being "non-typical". Now that I think about it, who is "typical" after all?

Everyone is "non-typical" in their own way, so be it. Accept everyone's similarities and differences, and always remember that "there is always an exception to the rule"....

Ant ("Non-typical" and proud of it....)

There is no "typical Canadian" or "typical American" look

Alright so then, you are saying there is no typical Canadian....but yet you call yourself a "non typical Canadian"

Hi,

Yes, I'm "non-typical", as in I'm not the "stereo-typical" person that I'm preceived to be on the outside. I am who I am on the inside, which is "non-typical"...

There's nothing wrong with being different, and being "non-typical". Now that I think about it, who is "typical" after all?

Everyone is "non-typical" in their own way, so be it. Accept everyone's similarities and differences, and always remember that "there is always an exception to the rule"....

Ant ("Non-typical" and proud of it....)

oh hai!

Then just quit calling yourself a non-typical if there is no typical....

kthxbai

Hi Sprailenes,

Lol...It's going straight-forward that's the hard part. I wonder how people go straight-forward in their lives and miss the deeper meaning of things in life by interpretation this way. After all, "there's more than appears on the surface"....

Going in circles is easy. Just close you eyes, spin around, and let the words flow... :wacko: ...

Ant (Going in circles, finding the deeper meaning in life...)

Ant, you're going in circles, how do you keep from getting dizzy?
Edited by AntandD

Lol...tell that to all those people who are "stereotyping" unfairly to everyone out there...They are the ones that are making "non-typical" into "typical". "Square pegs don't fit into round holes", as "Non-typical shouldn't be made into typical"...

oh hai!

Then just quit calling yourself a non-typical if there is no typical....

kthxbai

Lol...tell that to all those people who are "stereotyping" unfairly to everyone out there...They are the ones that are making "non-typical" into "typical". "Square pegs don't fit into round holes", as "Non-typical shouldn't be made into typical"...

Yup I usually call those people fukcnuts, or dip$hit, or whatever you want to call them. But you brought up the stereotypes yourself in the first place by saying you are not like the Typical Canadians, reinforcing their ideas.

Bad thing to do in the Canada forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.