Sprailenes

I eat whale blubber and club baby seals...

241 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well since moving down here I have had many strange questions about living in the great white north.

I have been asked if we have malls.

It's funny how some also assume that the entire country is cold and snow barren year round.

I have even been asked if I participate in the seal clubbing...to which I always reply: "Of course!"

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I was one asked if Canada was a communist country :)

Probably the best one was when I told someone where i lived (PEI) and they stared at me with a blank look.. so i gave my usual "north of Maine" speal.. and they said (and I quote) "oh Maine- that's up in Canada isn't it?"... :bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

My husband asked me if we had smokey the bear, and I told him: "No we have smokey the beaver" and in a chipmunk like voice I said: "Only you can prevent forest fires damn it!"

He believed me, and i have yet to tell him otherwise. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I am getting a little tired of being picked on for being from Canada :P most of the comments I hear are in jest but they do get a little annoying after awhile :P

I am with ya!

I don't know how many more "eh" or "hockey" jokes I can take.

Yea our troops carry hockey sticks instead of guns.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:rofl:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Has anyone been asked 2 weeks ago if the greyhound massacre was related to anyone in your family? :whistle:

Everyone at work felt it was an appropriate joke.... And even the people that saw me for the first time 1 week later... man it gets old. :wacko:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline
Has anyone been asked 2 weeks ago if the greyhound massacre was related to anyone in your family? :whistle:

Everyone at work felt it was an appropriate joke.... And even the people that saw me for the first time 1 week later... man it gets old. :wacko:

See, if we said anything about Columbine or something, they wouldn't find it funny.

I also get the whole: "Do you know a so and so from Vancouver?"

YES AS A MATTER OF FACT I DO. WE'RE BFF'S!!! WOW WHAT A SMALL WORLD EH!?

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
My husband asked me if we had smokey the bear, and I told him: "No we have smokey the beaver" and in a chipmunk like voice I said: "Only you can prevent forest fires damn it!"

Oh I have also been asked if I eat: "Mukluk"

Umm those are shoes. hahaha.

I wish we had audio on VJ so I could hear you speak chipmunk. I can speak donald duck. :lol:

I can't say I have been asked anything stupid since I've moved here. People here generally seem to love Canada, and like to tell me where they've been or where they'd like to visit. I may have damaged some braincells where I have obliterated those memories, though. :hehe:

iagree.gif

yeah right :bonk:

oh my my.....lol

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

Bzzzzz. I'm sorry. The correct response is:

"Oh! So and so! Why yes, I do! She's dead."

Are we really that foreign to people? I mean, I never saw the USA as a super foreign country. Its soo strange when I hear some people ask about Canada and they really have NO clue at all.

Lets just set the record straight:

We're born with ice skates on, and wear parkas year round. Our mail comes by dog sled right to our igloos front door. We don't have malls, we just have the Hudson Bay. We can ALL speak French and yes we ALL hate Quebec. We don't celebrate any of the same holidays as the rest of the world, and our "president" is the Bonhomme.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Bzzzzz. I'm sorry. The correct response is:

"Oh! So and so! Why yes, I do! She's dead."

Are we really that foreign to people? I mean, I never saw the USA as a super foreign country. Its soo strange when I hear some people ask about Canada and they really have NO clue at all.

Lets just set the record straight:

We're born with ice skates on, and wear parkas year round. Our mail comes by dog sled right to our igloos front door. We don't have malls, we just have the Hudson Bay. We can ALL speak French and yes we ALL hate Quebec. We don't celebrate any of the same holidays as the rest of the world, and our "president" is the Bonhomme.

you forgot we all say eh after every sentence and we say aboot instead of about... :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.