ManilaIdaho

Sad day!!!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I decided to have my medical exam yesterday even though i just had a hard cough and colds.It went alright but when i got the result this afternoon,it turned out that i need to undergo a sputum test,i never knew about it until the medical staff explained it to me,she said that i need to go there for 3 consecutive days between 6-8:30 in the morning to do the test and they will just be the one to call the embassy to re-sched my interview date.this is so disappointing,i always had a yearly PE but never had this before.i was told that it'll take 2mos to get the result :( ,does it really have to be that long?

i thought it'll just be a few weeks away and me and my fiance will be together again,now it'll take more months.sometimes i think life is unfair :angry: but oh well,what can i do.

:innocent::innocent::innocent: ..sorry to hear that lola, ill be thinking of you!!!.....im scared now co tommorrow will be my medical!!!....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

dont worry everything will be alright since you always have PE before. Its just sad that they have to cancel your interview date w/c is really very annoying.

K1

01-21-08 mailed I-129F

05-20-08 Medical

06-10-08 Interview - PASSED :D

06-18-08 Visa in hand

06-26-08 PRISM CFO Seminar

06-27-08 US

07-21-08 Wedding

AOS

09-06-08 Mailed AOS

09-29-08 Biometrics

10-06-08 SSN Card received

11-10-08 State ID

01-02-09 EAD Card received

02-25-09 I-485 approved

03-06-09 Conditional Green Card

ROC

01-20-11 Mailed I-751

01-28-11 NOA1 (1 year extension letter)

01-24-11 Biometrics

06-17-11 I-751 approved

06-22-11 Permanent Residency Card

NATURALIZATION

06-23-12 Mailed N-400

08-06-12 Early Biometrics

10-26-12 Interview (Fresno)

11-08-12 Oath Taking

I-130 MOM

11-13-12 Sent in I-130

11-20-12 NOA1

11-20-12 Check Cashed

I decided to have my medical exam yesterday even though i just had a hard cough and colds.It went alright but when i got the result this afternoon,it turned out that i need to undergo a sputum test,i never knew about it until the medical staff explained it to me,she said that i need to go there for 3 consecutive days between 6-8:30 in the morning to do the test and they will just be the one to call the embassy to re-sched my interview date.this is so disappointing,i always had a yearly PE but never had this before.i was told that it'll take 2mos to get the result :( ,does it really have to be that long?

i thought it'll just be a few weeks away and me and my fiance will be together again,now it'll take more months.sometimes i think life is unfair :angry: but oh well,what can i do.

I'm sorry to hear this. They're checking for TB I suspect. I don't know if that's true about how long it takes to find out the results, but if they're going to call the Embassy, I'm sure they'll do so if it does take that long.

Someone here said you're not supposed to go to Medical with a cough or cold? Whoever told you that? The testing that the OP is having done has nothing to do with the fact she has a cough or a cold. Now, maybe I'm wrong, and the physician is alerted to possible problems if someone does have a cough or cold, but wouldn't you want to know ahead of time if you had a problem and undergo treatment?

I hope that the sputum tests come back without any problems.

Thinking of you! (F)

I'm sorry you have to go through that. Yes, they are checking of pulmonary TB. I believe they are doing what we call a sputum AFB smear to check for the TB bacilli and it is normally done for 3 consecutive days. Am not sure why it would take two months though as one only needs a microscope and some special stains and should be ready in a week or so. Unless they are trying to grow whatever it is they find. TB bacilli are hard to grow and if they do grow, they usually take a long time to appear. The Philippines is practically TB country so that they are not taking any chances on the disease finding its way out to the US, hence the strictness when it comes to anyone with a cough or cold.

Meantime, focus on getting yourself well. You will be united with your man sooner or later. :D

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear about this. I hope you are feeling well. Let's just hope it's only a phlegm since you have cough and colds during the first day of medical.

Shape

I'm sorry you have to go through these. (F)

2 or 3 years ago, if the applicant have colds or cough, they'd only prescribe 1week antibiotic treatment and then asked them to come back for another xray after one week (as has been experienced by 2 of my friends)... siguro mas strikto na sila coz of the recent increase daw ng tb sa US which is caused by new immigrants and foreign visitors... and sadly, Philippines ranks high on the cases of immigrants who are/were TB carrier as implied in this news article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80722162116.htm

"From 1993 to 2006, the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases in the United States decreased by 45 percent, from 25,107 to 13,779. This decline has occurred disproportionately among the U.S.-born population, for whom the number of cases has declined by 66 percent, while the number of TB cases among foreign-born persons in the United States increased by 5 percent,"...........

Among recent entrants who were culture-positive for TB, isoniazid (antibacterial drug used to treat TB) resistance was found in 20 percent from Vietnam, 18 percent from Peru, 17 percent from the Philippines and 16 percent from China.

On average, 250 individuals per year were diagnosed with smear-negative, culture-positive TB disease within 3 months of U.S. entry; 46 percent of these were from the Philippines or Vietnam.

But I feel their findings is disproportionate coz the latest findings have included latent TB cases, which karamihan sa Pinoy meron "false latent TB infection" because of BCG vaccine which has been given to new born babies here. Unfair but what can we all do... One vjer who went to the US with her 2 kids last june had her kids go through another skin test (positive) and xray (negative) in the US (they had the same test at SLEC 2 weeks before going to the US pero di na nihonor yong SLEC results). Then since the skin test came out positive, the kids were asked to undergo 6months treatment to cure the latent infection daw.. it is crazy coz I fell they are trying to kill the kids immunity to TB. Swerte yong ibang nanay na pina-undego pa TB blood test (QuantiFERON-TB Gold) yong mga anak nila at least eliminated na yong false positive result ng skin test and their kids are not asked to undergo treatment na.

I know I went off topic na with all these info but I am just hoping that your case and the additional info I gave would help or serve as warning to others who are still planning to go for medical...especially ngayong tag-ulan na dito, mas madami nagkakasakit... sana doble ingat talaga and take your vitamins daily.

Again, I am sorry that you need to go through another bump... I hope and pray that SLEC will not call you prior to the end of 2 months coz usually that means negative talaga yong result. Stay strong and God be your strength always. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Hi Ate Bheng, I was schocked when I read this thread because I really thought that every thing is ok with your medical. I will include you in my prayers and stay positive pa din. This is just a test. I am sure you'll be okay. God bless you!

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sorry you have to go through these. (F)

2 or 3 years ago, if the applicant have colds or cough, they'd only prescribe 1week antibiotic treatment and then asked them to come back for another xray after one week (as has been experienced by 2 of my friends)... siguro mas strikto na sila coz of the recent increase daw ng tb sa US which is caused by new immigrants and foreign visitors... and sadly, Philippines ranks high on the cases of immigrants who are/were TB carrier as implied in this news article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/...80722162116.htm

"From 1993 to 2006, the number of tuberculosis (TB) cases in the United States decreased by 45 percent, from 25,107 to 13,779. This decline has occurred disproportionately among the U.S.-born population, for whom the number of cases has declined by 66 percent, while the number of TB cases among foreign-born persons in the United States increased by 5 percent,"...........

Among recent entrants who were culture-positive for TB, isoniazid (antibacterial drug used to treat TB) resistance was found in 20 percent from Vietnam, 18 percent from Peru, 17 percent from the Philippines and 16 percent from China.

On average, 250 individuals per year were diagnosed with smear-negative, culture-positive TB disease within 3 months of U.S. entry; 46 percent of these were from the Philippines or Vietnam.

But I feel their findings is disproportionate coz the latest findings have included latent TB cases, which karamihan sa Pinoy meron "false latent TB infection" because of BCG vaccine which has been given to new born babies here. Unfair but what can we all do... One vjer who went to the US with her 2 kids last june had her kids go through another skin test (positive) and xray (negative) in the US (they had the same test at SLEC 2 weeks before going to the US pero di na nihonor yong SLEC results). Then since the skin test came out positive, the kids were asked to undergo 6months treatment to cure the latent infection daw.. it is crazy coz I fell they are trying to kill the kids immunity to TB. Swerte yong ibang nanay na pina-undego pa TB blood test (QuantiFERON-TB Gold) yong mga anak nila at least eliminated na yong false positive result ng skin test and their kids are not asked to undergo treatment na.

I know I went off topic na with all these info but I am just hoping that your case and the additional info I gave would help or serve as warning to others who are still planning to go for medical...especially ngayong tag-ulan na dito, mas madami nagkakasakit... sana doble ingat talaga and take your vitamins daily.

Again, I am sorry that you need to go through another bump... I hope and pray that SLEC will not call you prior to the end of 2 months coz usually that means negative talaga yong result. Stay strong and God be your strength always. (F)

Actually, dbears, I was told that my son will have to undergo TB blood test when he gets to the US... hay, and its costly! Hay.... yun lang.

Edited by STEPHnRIA

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Actually, dbears, I was told that my son will have to undergo TB blood test when he gets to the US... hay, and its costly! Hay.... yun lang.

According kina Relyn, libre daw yong skin test, tapos xray, then the TB blood test but it will be the state dept of health who will chose kung saang hospital dapat punta... the vjer whose 2 kids are undergoing 6months TB treatment now, paid for their skin test and xray kasi POE (las vegas POE nila) palang sinabihan na sila to undergo another skin test. They also did not go through the blood test kaya siguro ganon. I don't know if iba-iba policy per state, I hope lang sa NC libre din lahat. When we get there, we will wait nalang for the letter from dept of health...

me, I'd rather have the kids undergo that TB blood test than have them undergo six months treatment for something they don't really need. I don't have anything against US policy on TB eradication but minsan parang OA lang sila... yun lang din.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Sorry that you are going through this.Think of it just as slight delay in reuniting with your fiance. Keep strong and always trust in prayers.God is good and He is faithful in answering all our prayers (F) .

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi te,sorry to hear that.TRust in Him and keep on praying.U will get over this soon.We're here for u and we will include u in our prayers..may interview date ka? gudluck te.MAy God bless u..

Timeline

Thank you to all of you who have given me support.I know this is just another trial that we have to face,but i admit we're not ready for this.I'm trying to be strong and keep my faith.I know everything happens for a reason,even the falling of a leaf has a reason.I know this too shall pass.And i know i'm healthy coz if not,i wont gain weight and i wont be as energetic as i am.

I may be so down but i still believe,what goes up must come down.

bestfriend,

shungga shungga ka talaga!!! love you still ethel :devil:

Baliw ka Ethel,nakipost ka pa kay edlet.Thank you for being supportive and for always be there for me,you're always the best friend i have since high school up to now,i wont just mention the year :lol: .Dont worry,i still dont forget the airfare that you've promised me :P

Timeline
Thank you to all of you who have given me support.I know this is just another trial that we have to face,but i admit we're not ready for this.I'm trying to be strong and keep my faith.I know everything happens for a reason,even the falling of a leaf has a reason.I know this too shall pass.And i know i'm healthy coz if not,i wont gain weight and i wont be as energetic as i am.

I may be so down but i still believe,what goes up must come down.

oh i'm sorry,i should've said,what goes down must come UP! :P

Edited by ManilaIdaho

Used to be only a 3 day sputum test and they could make a decision on yes or no. Some people had the test and made their interview.

I've posted numerous times that people should get tested for TB and HIV when they first start the immigration process. If positive for TB they can be cured by the time of St. Lukes medical.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.