tenderheartusa79

ITS WEDNESDAY !!!!!!!!

154 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OK for those that need a great crock pot recipe that is easy and delicious here is my "go to" recipe:

Staashi's Pot Roast

1 - 2-3 lb London Broil

1 - lipton onion soup packet

1 - 10 oz can of Tomato Soup

1 - 10 oz can of Cream of Mushroom, Celery or Potato soup - you choose.

1 - cup of water

Pepper

Place slab of meat in bottom of crock pot - you don't need to brown it or anything...just dust with pepper. Blend soup packet, tomato soup, cream soup and water in bowl and pour over meat. Set crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours.

This meal is delicious. The liquid creates a wonderful gravy. Many times, I love to throw in a package of those baby carrots about an hour before it's done and let them cook in the gravy. Serve with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, rice, anything...it is easy peasy.

OMG I'm starving and I vowed not to eat lunch till 1pm today 'cause it's my late night!!! :crying:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
OK for those that need a great crock pot recipe that is easy and delicious here is my "go to" recipe:

Staashi's Pot Roast

1 - 2-3 lb London Broil

1 - lipton onion soup packet

1 - 10 oz can of Tomato Soup

1 - 10 oz can of Cream of Mushroom, Celery or Potato soup - you choose.

1 - cup of water

Pepper

Place slab of meat in bottom of crock pot - you don't need to brown it or anything...just dust with pepper. Blend soup packet, tomato soup, cream soup and water in bowl and pour over meat. Set crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours.

This meal is delicious. The liquid creates a wonderful gravy. Many times, I love to throw in a package of those baby carrots about an hour before it's done and let them cook in the gravy. Serve with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, rice, anything...it is easy peasy.

OMG I'm starving and I vowed not to eat lunch till 1pm today 'cause it's my late night!!! :crying:

Sorry, Bridget. But it is a great recipe...my mouth waters when I'm at work knowing that is what I'm coming home to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

All this food talk makes me feel bad as I'm not much of a cook but I'm slowly learning LOL

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline

At least I don't have to think about lunch today - we have a caterer coming in for a tasting since we do a lot of catering for our clients - love free lunches... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Free Lunch Rocks!!! :thumbs: Well free anything rocks lol I'm having lunch with some friends today.... koshari :P My favorite and I'm starving lol

At least I don't have to think about lunch today - we have a caterer coming in for a tasting since we do a lot of catering for our clients - love free lunches... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

I think I'll go for the lean pastrami sammy today instead of my normal Wed california rolls. They really don't fill me up enough on my day that I work till 7pm.

Funny thing....I've been packing three lunches now at night, two for the kids and one for Usama. Well yesterday he was outside smoking his ciggy and drinking his Capri Sun juice box thingy and everyone was jealous! lol. He said, "this eating lunch is a very good thing, honey". DUH!!! The man used to go everyday without eating until I got home so now that I make lunch he can't not eat it since he thinks that is haram. I have to thank my sister since I was trying to brainstorm with her how to get him to gain weight and she suggested I pack him a lunch since he can't waste it. :dance::dance:

Timeline
:crying: they just canceled the lunch :crying: why?????? I guess I'll have a lean cuisine instead - so it won't break my budget. Midtown Manhattan is so damn expensive...

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
:crying: they just canceled the lunch :crying: why?????? I guess I'll have a lean cuisine instead - so it won't break my budget. Midtown Manhattan is so damn expensive...

That stinks! I hate it when you anticipate having something and then it doesn't come through. Such a let down! :protest:

Timeline

I love their panini sammiches!!! :dance:

Timeline

Best thing about working for a large hotel... the free food :D There's always a cafeteria in the basement :thumbs:

I also just happen to work in the culinary department, so I just go to the kitchens before they get really busy and ask them to make me something easy to eat at my desk. I usually have them put pasta or salads, ect in one of the to-go coffe cups so I can put a lid on it and hide it if an HR manager or someone walks by :devil:

I really love when they make me cheddar cheese fries and cram as much as they can into the cup and poor ketchup with the whole thing :innocent: very easy to eat with a disposable fork :whistle:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
183.gif

Olivia- I start classes Monday also, but the great part is my first class starts at 5:30pm. yea, bad news but yet good news is Dr. Scott called me and I am starting my first internship, she was not as awful as I thought she would be, so it looks like my first internship will be in the ER, OMG, I go in Friday for my interview. So now for the next term I will be loaded down with classes while interning I should be fired by the Christmas holidays.

For all my fellow insomniacs I am with you, don’t know how I will function when I have to really be on top of my work with little sleep, oh can’t wait for that. I wish I could function with just a couple of hours of sleep; I could get so much done, and not feel like I was beaten up.

Donna sending positive thoughts to you and your family, hope your mother in law gets better and that your husband and his brother have a good visit with their mother.

Terri- I hope you let us see your new bedroom furniture; I know you will enjoy it.

Bridget, sick babies, oh the fun, plus, teenagers, oh just try to survive the hell, it just gets worst, they know everything and have all the answers.

Hope everyone has a great day.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
olivia - that pic of the sun rising is amazing. where was that taken?

I'm not sure. I would guess either Nepal or Pakistan.

Morning Olivia - why are you going to Moscow for???

I'm going back to school. I am just in Boise for the summer vacation.

olivia I love the sunrise pix...unbelievable!

what are you to do in Moscow?

I'm finishing my degree in Radio/TV/Digital Media Production. It's my last year attending the University of Idaho. :dance:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.