2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hl! We got a email saying this: Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon

via courier.

Also, DOS says Final Review. Is this good news or can it still turn sour?

Praying for all of us!

I have a question... did they email you voluntarily, or you asked them a question and this was their response

I asked them a question and FINALLY after 4 months they replied to me!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

InshaAllah you will get your visa soon!

I really would like to know something from everyone here on AP/AR that has successfully "extracted" information from a DOS rep:

How do you guys do it???

The reason I ask is because every single time I call DOS, I am NEVER told anything about whether my fiance is in security checks or the last date the case has been updated. Every time I ask, I am always told "We can't tell you that, we don't have that information." Which is not true, of course; because evidently, they CAN and DO tell someone what the last date on the case update is or whether security checks are being conducted or whether a file is in Washington.

I am sick of DOS constantly telling us NOTHING. Which is why I got my Senators/Congressman involved. Thankfully, I found out from the last inquiry done by my Senator that my fiance's case is in final review at the US Embassy in London. When the DOS rep told me "YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION" when I asked her if she could at least tell me the last updated date on my fiance's processing, I told her that when my senators/congressman inquired, we were clearly given a written response from DOS that his case is in final review now, so why are you telling me that you cannot tell me when his case has been updated or whether it is still in review or in processing? And the DOS rep said to me: "Well, that's not right. Congressman/Senator staff workers cannot do that. That is WRONG." And she even snickered while saying this! How dare these people laugh and tell me this kind of b.s.? Our lives are on the line and I cannot even get a decent response from DOS.

It would be nice if someone could give us the "magic words" on how to ask DOS reps and get viable responses with regards to AP/AR.

I understand that we do not and cannot have access to detailed information about reasons for AP/AR/Security checks and what ever they do...but I am sure that we have the right to know whether a case is in processing, in review, or done, or the last date of a case update....

Am I wrong in thinking this?

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I believe thats the way the system works though. USCIS was simply a call center and thus they could not give you any info. NVC was just a bus stop....now the DOS. Because of how sensitive the situation is, I believe they do not feel obligated to give out any information. Simply because bear in mind, this whole process is to make sure we are not terrorists...and for this reason they go along with 'guilty till proven innocent' and do not share their secrets with us.

Fair?

I don't think so. But who said life is?

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are reaching a call center. They only can give yout he informaiton they have on the screen, which is very limitited. Its not like they can say hold on I will pull his file.

Just trust the process that it is being done. It usualy take from 5-8 months.

InshaAllah you will get your visa soon!

I really would like to know something from everyone here on AP/AR that has successfully "extracted" information from a DOS rep:

How do you guys do it???

The reason I ask is because every single time I call DOS, I am NEVER told anything about whether my fiance is in security checks or the last date the case has been updated. Every time I ask, I am always told "We can't tell you that, we don't have that information." Which is not true, of course; because evidently, they CAN and DO tell someone what the last date on the case update is or whether security checks are being conducted or whether a file is in Washington.

I am sick of DOS constantly telling us NOTHING. Which is why I got my Senators/Congressman involved. Thankfully, I found out from the last inquiry done by my Senator that my fiance's case is in final review at the US Embassy in London. When the DOS rep told me "YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION" when I asked her if she could at least tell me the last updated date on my fiance's processing, I told her that when my senators/congressman inquired, we were clearly given a written response from DOS that his case is in final review now, so why are you telling me that you cannot tell me when his case has been updated or whether it is still in review or in processing? And the DOS rep said to me: "Well, that's not right. Congressman/Senator staff workers cannot do that. That is WRONG." And she even snickered while saying this! How dare these people laugh and tell me this kind of b.s.? Our lives are on the line and I cannot even get a decent response from DOS.

It would be nice if someone could give us the "magic words" on how to ask DOS reps and get viable responses with regards to AP/AR.

I understand that we do not and cannot have access to detailed information about reasons for AP/AR/Security checks and what ever they do...but I am sure that we have the right to know whether a case is in processing, in review, or done, or the last date of a case update....

Am I wrong in thinking this?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Evidentially you can add me to the AP list.

My husband had his interview this morning and was given a letter stating that they needed to do more processing to verify our relationship and he would be contacted if they needed anything more from him or if they need a second interview. I wish I could have gone to the interview, but the finances just weren't available :(:crying:

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Visa Printed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

My husband had his interview this morning and was given a letter stating that they needed to do more processing to verify our relationship and he would be contacted if they needed anything more from him or if they need a second interview. I wish I could have gone to the interview, but the finances just weren't available :(:crying:

I am not expert in this, but did they mention in the letter that they need to undertake some additional administrative processing? Maybe it is not PA. I do not know, but they mentioned in the letter that they gave me that they need to undertake some additional administrative processing, and they did not explain what is it. I hope your husband gets his visa soon.

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:dancing: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Congratulation :dance:

Switched to IR1 visa

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy for you.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

I am not expert in this, but did they mention in the letter that they need to undertake some additional administrative processing? Maybe it is not PA. I do not know, but they mentioned in the letter that they gave me that they need to undertake some additional administrative processing, and they did not explain what is it. I hope your husband gets his visa soon.

The letter said:

“In order to proceed with your application for a U.S. visa, this office must confirm your eligibility for that visa. We will contact you if we need additional information from you regarding your relationship or if we need to conduct an additional interview. Until we have completed this verification process, we cannot move forward with your visa application.”

I also sent and email asking what they needed. They responded:

“We are doing research on his case. We do not know when we will be finished with our research. We have noted your phone number and email and will certainly contact you if you are needed. "

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Timeline

The letter said:

“In order to proceed with your application for a U.S. visa, this office must confirm your eligibility for that visa. We will contact you if we need additional information from you regarding your relationship or if we need to conduct an additional interview. Until we have completed this verification process, we cannot move forward with your visa application.”

“We are doing research on his case. We do not know when we will be finished with our research. We have noted your phone number and email and will certainly contact you if you are needed. "

As I said I am not expert in this, but maybe people here have other opinion. I think that your case is not pending administrative processing. It seems that they need more work on the consulate itself. Maybe they are doing a local investigation, or they are doing final review in the consulate, but sometime they send a later after approving a visa in the consulate to the applicant saying that his case is pending administrative processing as what happened with me. After they approved my visa, and two weeks later, they sent me a letter informing me that I am under AP. But, it seems you are not. You can post this as a separate thread in this forum, maybe other people can explain this. Also, usually people from the MENA area go through AP, and less likely with people from other countries. I hope everything will go smoothly with your husband and gets his visa soon. wish you luck

Switched to IR1 visa

The letter said:

My fiance was in similar admin processing. The details are in my time-line and my posts in the UK regional forum as well.

Right now, my fiance is in final review. This is what DOS/London has told us most recently. Before, they said that his qualifications were being verified for the visa, and I even got a call from the CO in London asking me the same questions they asked my fiance at the time of his interview (a phone investigation). Hopefully they are done now with everything as the latest update we got from DOS/London is that his case is in final review.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

The letter said:

My fiance was in similar admin processing. The details are in my time-line and my posts in the UK regional forum as well.

Right now, my fiance is in final review. This is what DOS/London has told us most recently. Before, they said that his qualifications were being verified for the visa, and I even got a call from the CO in London asking me the same questions they asked my fiance at the time of his interview (a phone investigation). Hopefully they are done now with everything as the latest update we got from DOS/London is that his case is in final review.

So assuming they call me for phone investigation. SO answered one question wrong. If I answer it right and our answers don't match won't that be a problem?

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.