2,826 posts in this topic

About a week ago, I had a Congressional Inquiry done for my fiance's K-1. I got a reply then from DOS and US Embassy London saying that they were "reviewing verifying the qualifications of Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX (my fiance) for this visa". Now a week after wards from that inquiry, one of my senators made a Senatorial Inquiry on my behalf for my fiance and the US Embassy in London replied:

"At this time, the case is under review by the Immigrant Visa Unit. Upon completion of this review, Mr.XXXXXXXXXXX will be contacted directly by the Immigrant Visa Unit regarding his visa."

My fiance interviewed on May 12, 09 at the US Embassy in London. They have kept his passport with them. Does this recent answer from the US Embassy in London mean that they are almost done with my fiance's case? Since they do not mention anything about security checks or processing? All it says is review.

Any opinions/advice is appreciated.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi Marm-- My hunch would be that if they kept his passport, it won't take long...but AP and checks are never predictable, so don't make any plans :)

_______

:dance::dance: Also...... :dance::dance:

An update on our case... my fiance got a call from the embassy last week! They just told him to come down and get a list of documents that needed renewing, so I tried not to be optimistic, and didn't post anything. But then they told him he has an interview next week, and then his name has been taken off the embassy's AP internet list! And my congressman just fowarded me a letter from the Embassy saying that if all his documents are in order, the visa should be given a week after the interview!! Inshallah, ojala, I really really hope so.

I think it took me at least three days to understand that this ordeal might be coming to a close, and be happy. The past 13..actually, just about 14 months of AP have been incredibly tough. I think I've trained myself to squeltch any hopeful plans or thoughts to the point that it is still hard to comprehend that he might be here so soon. That said, I can't wait, and this last week of waiting is going to go slow, I can tell.

While I don't wish for a long AP - or any AP, for that matter - for anybody, do know that you can survive, and that these things do end. I was at the point of planning to move to a third country with my fiance, trying to imagine a life somewhere where we could both get jobs and visas, far from both of our families. And in the end, the country doesn't matter so much as the person you want to be with.. but still, I'm happy! Now - hopefully in a few weeks - I can introduce him to my mom, dad, and sisters.. and he will have to jump through lots of hoops before getting their stamp of approval :)

I'll write next week with an update after the interview, and will continue to hold all of you in the light and pray that your relationships stay strong - stronger than any bureaucratic system - and that your wait will be short.

Many thanks to the kind hearts and strong souls who contribute regularly to this forum, Tammy in particular. Your writings and encouragement were key to surviving this long period of uncertainty. Maybe I will need them for a few months more, who knows..). For those of you who haven't updated in a while, please write to let me / us know how you're faring and feeling. I miss you!

Edited by paciencia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Paciencia- Alhamdullilah! What absolutely WONDERFUL news! I will pray that everything goes smoothly. You have waited SO long. :dancing:

Thanks for your words of encouragement- although standing at 120 days I do not see how I could ever survive 14 months of this AP nightmare.

What fun to actually start planning for that trip to the airport!

Have fun! Again, congratulations!!

Baj

ah. the longing....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh thanks for updating us with the great news!

There is mroe great news to come this week.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Great News

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Yes i believe people from Pakistan will get processed within 4 to 6 months or earlier from now on.

Congrats to all the people with good news! As for me, this makes 4 months of AP for me and my spouse. How long is it taking for AP at Islamabad these days on average?

~Farah~

Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello,

I am new to all this and a little confused. I am reading all these post and notice different scenarios. I applied for a spousal visa at the US embassy in Sweden. My case is currently in AP and has been since June 24th. The embassy has kept my passport, but given me absolutley no timeline. The only info requested, was info on my male relatives.

Does each embassy handle the AP processing or is it all sent to an agency in the US? Anyone have any experience with AP from the embassy in Sweden? The embassy has not sent my case to UCSIS, so I have no case number, is this good or bad? Does contacting a congressman really help? If so, how do you find your congressman?

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated. I take comfort in reading all your stories. May we all be finished soon.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

Hi, My wife called the DOS to check the Status of my AP, the woman on the phone told her " it was sent to processing" and she did not give her a chance to ask any other question. She just hang up the phone. What does that mean? My wife is really angry and feels insulting. Is it mean that my case still pending? My wife is ready to call them and scream at them. Ops

One more question. Can I call DOS to check my AP status? Or just my wife as USC has the right to do this? I wish I can do this because I really want my wife to have a break.

Edited by Rami-Becky

First meeting----2007-08-30

Engaged---------2007-11-21

Marriage---------2008-02-07

I-130 Sent-------2008-07-24

I-130 NOA1------2008-07-31

I-129F Sent------2008-08-26

I-129F NOA1-----2008-09-02

I-129F NOA2-----2009-02-25

NVC Received----2009-03-05

Packet 3---------2009-03-12

Packet 3 Sent----2009-04-13

Packet 4---------2009-04-26

Interview Date---2009-05-14--Approved, but required additional documents

Visa Received---- AP, Time Unknown

I-130 Approval----2009-02-25

Switched to IR1 visa

1st interview---------09-03-2011

2nd interview---------03-05-2011

visa issued-----------07-04-2011, but the Consulate kept my passport

3rd interview---------24-05-2011 with the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

4th interview---------06-06-2011 interviewd my wife, the Homland Secuirty office in Jerusalem

passport received-----14-06-2011 with IR1 visa

US Entry----------21-09-2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To suffer in silence is the greatest suffering

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello,

I am new to all this and a little confused. I am reading all these post and notice different scenarios. I applied for a spousal visa at the US embassy in Sweden. My case is currently in AP and has been since June 24th. The embassy has kept my passport, but given me absolutley no timeline. The only info requested, was info on my male relatives.

Does each embassy handle the AP processing or is it all sent to an agency in the US? Anyone have any experience with AP from the embassy in Sweden? The embassy has not sent my case to UCSIS, so I have no case number, is this good or bad? Does contacting a congressman really help? If so, how do you find your congressman?

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated. I take comfort in reading all your stories. May we all be finished soon.

First off its very good sign that they kept your passport .it means they will done with the AP kinda fast ''sometimes they give you the passport back so it means it will take kinda long time ''

As i told you before there is no time frame cause every case is different .

If they put you under AP cause they want to check on your name or background check it means they will do that in USA ''FBI''......

They did not send your case back to USCIS yeah its good . cause if they will send it back to USCIS it means it will take long time and maybe the USCIS will not look at it till its expire and then they cancel it .

NO your congressman or your senator will not help you .he will just tell you the same as the embassy . no one can speed that process .

Good luck .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi, My wife called the DOS to check the Status of my AP, the woman on the phone told her " it was sent to processing" and she did not give her a chance to ask any other question. She just hang up the phone. What does that mean? My wife is really angry and feels insulting. Is it mean that my case still pending? My wife is ready to call them and scream at them. Ops

One more question. Can I call DOS to check my AP status? Or just my wife as USC has the right to do this? I wish I can do this because I really want my wife to have a break.

I really don't know . maybe she means the case was sent back to USA to processing .

I'm not sure .

Yeah you can call DOS and ask them about your status .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

It is common when going through a different embassy that you will be put in AP. Then it is common for your country to be in AP period. It is good news that they kept you passport(typically), but they could also send it back to you in the mail if they realize how long your AP could be for your country. This is a typical 4-8 months. could be less and as demonstrated in this forum, it could be more.

Hello,

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

It just means you are in processing. YOu will get random responses from people with different personality or moods. Your best bet when calling DOS is to ask if they can see any updates to your case. This tells them that you already know they can see a screen that has any updates for your case. For example I called one time to see if there were any updates and they said that the last update was the embassy sent you an email, which was true. To be honest the informaiton is not helpful unless they tell you that the embassy is finisehd AP or the Embassy has requested your Visa. THis has heppend to people who were in AP who had not received the request yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

CONGRATZ pacience! and every1 else who got their visas!! also special congrats to Fire w WIND!! I KN ow how long u waited .... im happy for u !!

for me its now going to be 13 months of AP and they kept my husbands passport for 4 + weeks .... im hoping good news but i dont understand why so long to wait...

thanx DIVORCE for making htis site u reallly do help so many ppl....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hl! We got a email saying this: Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon

via courier.

Also, DOS says Final Review. Is this good news or can it still turn sour?

Praying for all of us!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Hl! We got a email saying this: Dear Sir/Madam,

Please wait and applicant will receive passport(s)/visa packet(s) soon

via courier.

Also, DOS says Final Review. Is this good news or can it still turn sour?

Praying for all of us!

I have a question... did they email you voluntarily, or you asked them a question and this was their response

ticker.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.