2,826 posts in this topic

Thanx for everyone for supporting and giveing us best wishes.

There is movement in islamabad and i hope that in future the APS won't be longer like we suffered from long stupid APS.

Thats y they changed the AP time on 221(g) form.

Kris very happy to see u around.I thought may be you forgot us.lol

Keep in touch with us as i would keep in touch inshaAllah after getting the visa to help & support our rest of the brothers & sisters.

Praying for everyone who are still in AP and suffering.

Edited by Sibtain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please be prepaired for at least 6 months of AP.

Went for interview on 23rd July. As expected, put on AP. The consular officer was least interested in usual stuff like marriage photos and proof of ongoing relationship/legitimacy of marriage. Instead, she was more interested in my travel history. She said that I should expect around 3 months of AP.

Its OK for me as my wife and daughter are with me and I am not in a hurry to migrate to US.

Can you please add me to the AP tracker as well.

Thanks.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanx for everyone for supporting and giveing us best wishes.

There is movement in islamabad and i hope that in future the APS won't be longer like we suffered from long stupid APS.

Thats y they changed the AP time on 221(g) form.

Kris very happy to see u around.I thought may be you forgot us.lol

Keep in touch with us as i would keep in touch inshaAllah after getting the visa to help & support our rest of the brothers & sisters.

Praying for everyone who are still in AP and suffering.

I hope things end very soon for you guys- sounds like good news coming! Several months of being in AP is sooooo hard- I just hit 3 months and it seems like the end of the world... I hope the embassies all around the world can improve the processing times for AP cases....

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent an Email to the embassy to check my status and they sent me an Email back and they asked me to send my passport to them .

But it seems like they sent the same Email to everyone today . they even sent it to some people that they already have their passports !!!!!!!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

I sent an Email to the embassy to check my status and they sent me an Email back and they asked me to send my passport to them .

But it seems like they sent the same Email to everyone today . they even sent it to some people that they already have their passports !!!!!!!!!

I hope they really mean they want your passport. Why don't you call DOS and confirm if your AP is over and if they are just waiting on your passport?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope they really mean they want your passport. Why don't you call DOS and confirm if your AP is over and if they are just waiting on your passport?

I did and they said I'm still under AP !!!!!!!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Three weeks ago they asked me for documents, a new medical and passport because my I-601 was approved. This week they asked for another form to be filled and a noterized letter of intent, well sent it all off yesterday and asked for the passport back since I'm back in AP in case I need it urgently.

The way I see it is if they send it back it will be a long wait, and if they keep it it could mean a few weeks give or take.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Three weeks ago they asked me for documents, a new medical and passport because my I-601 was approved. This week they asked for another form to be filled and a noterized letter of intent, well sent it all off yesterday and asked for the passport back since I'm back in AP in case I need it urgently.

The way I see it is if they send it back it will be a long wait, and if they keep it it could mean a few weeks give or take.

The US Embassy in London has kept my fiance's passport but still he is in AP after 2 months and 2 weeks from the day of his interview...I called DOS to ask whether the embassy keeping or returning the passport means anything in terms of AP/AR wait time, and I was told, no, it doesn't mean that AP will be processed faster if the embassy keeps the passport.

This is all so frustrating...I just hope all of us waiting get the visas in hand ASAP!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

MARM, I wish thing were better and easier to understand. Sharon's mother is not well and 98 years old, we lost Sharon's father almost a month after we were told I had to file a waiver. It took a week of calls, faxes and UPS before I got permission to attend the funeral. Right now can't afford the waste of time trying to get the passport from the consulate and deal with the border folk.

They have had it about 4 weeks another 2 weeks and I'm asking again.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

MARM, I wish thing were better and easier to understand. Sharon's mother is not well and 98 years old, we lost Sharon's father almost a month after we were told I had to file a waiver. It took a week of calls, faxes and UPS before I got permission to attend the funeral. Right now can't afford the waste of time trying to get the passport from the consulate and deal with the border folk.

Oh that is all so sad :(

I hope that you get your waiver approved ASAP. I don't think these agencies or whatever DOS or the US Embassy employs when doing AP/AR processes consider us human beings. As much as DOS and the embassies say that they are "sensitive" to our concerns, they really do not understand. It is a shame...I mean I understand the need for mandatory security/similar checks and processes, but it would help a GREAT DEAL and eliminate a lot of our stress if they told us what it is that they are exactly doing at each stage of the way. We are supposed to have a right to information aren't we? It is all just so frustrating...

And what bothers me even more is for example, I called DOS today and asked them the difference between AP/AR and they say there is no difference. And when I asked about how much longer and the fact that they still have my fiance's passport, I get a standard "don't you know that" answer: "EVERYONE goes through these checks ma'am". But it is not like that, not everyone endures such long and exasperating wait times for security checks...especially out of the US Embassy in London.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Oh that is all so sad :(

I hope that you get your waiver approved ASAP. I don't think these agencies or whatever DOS or the US Embassy employs when doing AP/AR processes consider us human beings. As much as DOS and the embassies say that they are "sensitive" to our concerns, they really do not understand. It is a shame...I mean I understand the need for mandatory security/similar checks and processes, but it would help a GREAT DEAL and eliminate a lot of our stress if they told us what it is that they are exactly doing at each stage of the way. We are supposed to have a right to information aren't we? It is all just so frustrating...

And what bothers me even more is for example, I called DOS today and asked them the difference between AP/AR and they say there is no difference. And when I asked about how much longer and the fact that they still have my fiance's passport, I get a standard "don't you know that" answer: "EVERYONE goes through these checks ma'am". But it is not like that, not everyone endures such long and exasperating wait times for security checks...especially out of the US Embassy in London.

It would be nice if they would "throw us a bone" once in awhile, with updated information on whatever they are doing or waiting for... When I have called the DOS to check on my case, I've been told they cannot see any detailed info on the AP, because the background/security checks (or whatever they are doing) is "classified information." Any tidbit would sure help the waiting process....

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Here our updates..

6/ 22 Embassy called and requested the passport along with PC and medical report as they were expired .

6/25 requested documents were sent via American Express.

7/29 American Express called to pick up the passport/visa ..

8/3 husband comming home :dance::dance:

CONGRATZZZ!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The embassy sent me a cancel letter of my petition and when i went there they said it was a computer generated mistake.... and to disregard the letter....

did any1 ever hear of this type of mistake....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The embassy sent me a cancel letter of my petition and when i went there they said it was a computer generated mistake.... and to disregard the letter....

did any1 ever hear of this type of mistake....

computer does make mistake some time,,this happen to me but not from Embassy it happen to me with NVC

when my case was already completed with them and was already sent to IS embassy , NVC sent me a letter indicating that they have not recieved the payment to process my case and inorder to process i need to send 400$ which was already sent , so i just figured it out that it was mistake and i ignored it as the case would not reach the embassy if they did not recieve my paymnet .

3/24/2006...got married

6/26/2006...I-130 sent to uscia

9/4/2007 ...I-130 aproved

9/4/2007....NVC recieved

8/4/2008...NVC completed

8/4/2008...case sent to USE/Islamabad

9/16/2008....interview date/put in AP

3/16/2009 .... 6 months of AP

4/16/2009.......7 months in AP

5/16/2009........8 months in AP

6/16/2009.........9 months in AP

6/15/2009.... visa issued

7/30/2009....visa in hand

POE 8/4/2009 Washington /dulles airport

8/28/2009....GC received/10 years validity

About a week ago, I had a Congressional Inquiry done for my fiance's K-1. I got a reply then from DOS and US Embassy London saying that they were "reviewing the qualifications of Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX (my fiance) for this visa". Now a week after wards from that inquiry, one of my senators made a Senatorial Inquiry on my behalf for my fiance and the US Embassy in London replied:

"At this time, the case is under review by the Immigrant Visa Unit. Upon completion of this review, Mr.XXXXXXXXXXX will be contacted directly by the Immigrant Visa Unit regarding his visa."

My fiance interviewed on May 12, 09 at the US Embassy in London. They have kept his passport with them. Does this recent answer from the US Embassy in London mean that they are almost done with my fiance's case? Since they do not mention anything about security checks or processing? All it says is review.

Any opinions/advice is appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.