2,826 posts in this topic

i got my visa today... and it feels awesome...!!!! just updating my status here..

AP is not forever,..its for short time...please do not loose hopes...

that day is not soo far...

thanks everybody for helping me...

good luck..

God bless

My Timeline

14/07/2007----Met at Cousins Party (Notre dame, Indiana)

15/07/2007----Started talking (Exchange phone numbers)

31/08/2007----went back to India (For Family Issues)

2/10/2007---- Came Back to USA (Started living together)

12/12/2007----MARRIED in INDIANA,USA

07/03/2008----Gone to India (family Issues) Coudnt go back to USA Visa got finished!!!

23/08/2008---- My wife came to india (stayed 3 months)

24/11/2008----Applied DCF in New Delhi Embassy----GOT APPROVED same DAY got Packet 3.5 by hand

03/12/2008----Wife went back to USA

17/12/2008----Submit all documents @ VFS jullundher Packet 3.5

28/01/2009----Got interview date Packet 4: Feb 6th

29/01/2009----Went for medical

02/02/2009----GOT medical Report!! (all Fine)

06/02/2009---- INTERVIEW!!!! RECIVED 221g REQUSTING TO SUBMIT MORE DOCUMENTS with PASSPORT

28/02/2009---- Submitted 221g Documents with passport

18/03/2009---- Got passport without visa stamped on it

19/03/2009---- Called DOS and they said embassy is asking for my daughter's Birth cetificate and Passport

01/04/2009---- 1 month of AP!! - NO NEWS--- from embassy---called DOS No news---_STILL WAITING FOR ANOTHER 221g FROM EMBASSY!!!!!!

STILL UNDER AP!!!!! very Frustated

07/04/2009---- Case tranfered to FPU(fraud prevention unit)

15/06/2009---- Embassy asked me to submit my passport-----confused??

22/06/2009---- Got Visa in Hand

10/07/2009---- POE Denver!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Please add me to this tracker too.

I feel so heartbroken.My husband had his interview today n I attended it as wellThey have put him on AP.CO gave us a green letter saying about AP and he wrote that it can take average of 1-3 months.

Is there any thing I can do to make it faster.He said if i dont hear any thing in 90 days,i can call the Embassy.If there any way to check the status before that.can any one please share DOS contact info.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

ok i read on here a few people who actually required more documentation.

Isn't that different than just being put on AP?

I mean if you actually have something missing or require something additional, and being put on AP when all documentation is complete...?!?

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I mean if you actually have something missing or require something additional, and being put on AP when all documentation is complete...?!?

AP=Administrative Processing, which could mean security checks, they need additional information, or they need to do further research on your case stating you are not otherwise clearly eligible. i hope that helps :) Good luck!!!

We officially started over yesterday :dance: we are going for the CR1 this time :thumbs: please, those that pray, remember us :blush:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please note that people have been put in AP for additional documentation. Once they turned in the documentation they recieved a thank you for the documents and noticed that they were put in AP for addition processing.

Common in particular countries. As identified in this forum.

Congrats Kaushalia! I been meaning to tell you just how beautiful you look in that picture. Oh and how happy too.

AP=Administrative Processing, which could mean security checks, they need additional information, or they need to do further research on your case stating you are not otherwise clearly eligible. i hope that helps :) Good luck!!!

We officially started over yesterday :dance: we are going for the CR1 this time :thumbs: please, those that pray, remember us :blush:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks, MrsJ. I will always remember your advice on my "ton of bricks" forum, where you told me to take those bricks we have been hit with and build a fort. We have been working on that fort ever since. Great encouraging words :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

tracker updated

atk_721 sorry for the AP but you have come a long way just remember step by step and you are almost at the end of the road Good Luck

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Hi! My husband got a call from the embassy today and the guy was asking basic information like where were you born and how many times you leaved the country and when is your birthday and stuff. And after talking for a while he said he will call back cuz the counsler is calling him. so he called after 2 hours and he said that his case is 80% complete and 10% more to go. He also explained that normally the AP takes 6months for AP but people usually do get it before taht time period. And he said for your case i cant say for sure but you should get a reply in 4-5weeks. its already been 3months sinces my husbands interview.

I am really confused cuz im thinking why would they call and ask information they already have? and one more thing im confused about is that the embassy in abu dhabi opens from Thursday to Sunday. and today was Wednesday, if they are closed do they still work on cases or what???

Hope everyones AP goes fast. Please reply if you have experienced this before! and please answer the questions i have.

Thanks

Kmehmood

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi!

Ahmed got the call from the Consulate! They're ready to give him his visa. He just has to go to Casa sometime Monday through Thursday between 130 and 330. Insha allah, he'll be going on Monday. So I think that makes 62 days in AP. Just over the 30-60 days my friend told me. So there is hope. I had just been considering calling the State Department BEFORE their 90 day time limit.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Hi! My husband got a call from the embassy today and the guy was asking basic information like where were you born and how many times you leaved the country and when is your birthday and stuff. And after talking for a while he said he will call back cuz the counsler is calling him. so he called after 2 hours and he said that his case is 80% complete and 10% more to go. He also explained that normally the AP takes 6months for AP but people usually do get it before taht time period. And he said for your case i cant say for sure but you should get a reply in 4-5weeks. its already been 3months sinces my husbands interview.

I am really confused cuz im thinking why would they call and ask information they already have? and one more thing im confused about is that the embassy in abu dhabi opens from Thursday to Sunday. and today was Wednesday, if they are closed do they still work on cases or what???

Hope everyones AP goes fast. Please reply if you have experienced this before! and please answer the questions i have.

Thanks

Kmehmood

It happens.(After the interview the call from embassy for getting few info at phone.)

Don't worry its the part of the process.Ap takes normally 6 months and few ppl get visas before that.It totally depends on the case.Coz each case has its own cirumstances.

Its very obvious when they are close then they are not working.I don't know exact working days and hours of USEM in Abu dhabi but normally their working days are Monday to Friday.

Wish u very best of luck i m praying for everyone who stuck in this dark whole as i m. :thumbs:

Edited by Sibtain

Timeline

Hey guys ,I have couple of questions

How do I check status of our AP.DO I call the Islamabad embassy or DOS?

The Consular office wrote on the green letter that it will take 1-3 months to process,so should I wait a month to contact them?

Does the handwritten 1-3 months mean any thing,as the green letter itself says that there is no maximum time limit for procesiing

Thanks fro all ur help

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hey guys ,I have couple of questions

How do I check status of our AP.DO I call the Islamabad embassy or DOS?

The Consular office wrote on the green letter that it will take 1-3 months to process,so should I wait a month to contact them?

Does the handwritten 1-3 months mean any thing,as the green letter itself says that there is no maximum time limit for procesiing

Thanks fro all ur help

ATK ours was supposed to be cleared in 3 months and today marks exactly 3 months of AP. Please add us to your AP tracker everyone! :crying:

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.