2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HOT GUY,

Our case is at the consulate, but all the security checks are done from the United States side, then they sent the security clearances back to the consulate, then the consulate will contact him to send his passport.

All cases remain at the consulate after the interview during administrative processing UNLESS the consulate feels that your case is fraud, THEN they might send it back to the U.S. and request that USCIS revoke the petition, but I think that doesn't happen that often and only certain consualtes are more famous than others for doing that. I don't think Cairo does that very much.

Try to relax and try to be patient. They will contact you as soon as your name clears the final background checks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
HOT GUY,

Our case is at the consulate, but all the security checks are done from the United States side, then they sent the security clearances back to the consulate, then the consulate will contact him to send his passport.

All cases remain at the consulate after the interview during administrative processing UNLESS the consulate feels that your case is fraud, THEN they might send it back to the U.S. and request that USCIS revoke the petition, but I think that doesn't happen that often and only certain consualtes are more famous than others for doing that. I don't think Cairo does that very much.

Try to relax and try to be patient. They will contact you as soon as your name clears the final background checks.

Thank you so much for your answer i really appreciate it .

I hope you will hear good news soon .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
HOT GUY,

I call the DOS (Department of State) in the U.S. (202) 663-1225 then press 1 then 0 to ask about my case every few days. They just tell me the AP is still in process. They do pick up the phone without much of a wait at all. I call just to make sure they don't say something like they tried contacting my fiancee to tell her to make an appointment or something! In my case, the Colombian Embassy in Bogota, they only accept calls regarding individual visa cases once a week for a two hour period- Wednesdays from 2-4 I believe the embassy will actually contact her in Colombia by phone, when they are ready to continue with the next step?

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When you call DOS ask, can you check to see if there are any updates to my case. They will (usually) give you the alst update. Everytime the embassy does somethign regarding your case (even as simple as responding to your email) they document it. DOS can see these changes.

Some will give you this and some won't. That is why I always acted like I knew they had the information.

Good luck.

HOT GUY,

I call the DOS (Department of State) in the U.S. (202) 663-1225 then press 1 then 0 to ask about my case every few days. They just tell me the AP is still in process. They do pick up the phone without much of a wait at all. I call just to make sure they don't say something like they tried contacting my fiancee to tell her to make an appointment or something! In my case, the Colombian Embassy in Bogota, they only accept calls regarding individual visa cases once a week for a two hour period- Wednesdays from 2-4 I believe the embassy will actually contact her in Colombia by phone, when they are ready to continue with the next step?

Joe

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
When you call DOS ask, can you check to see if there are any updates to my case. They will (usually) give you the alst update. Everytime the embassy does somethign regarding your case (even as simple as responding to your email) they document it. DOS can see these changes.

Some will give you this and some won't. That is why I always acted like I knew they had the information.

Good luck.

HOT GUY,

Joe

Thanks much! That is a good tip, to ask if there are any "updates" to my case- I suppose it's all in the way you ask them...

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

Timeline
Hi everyone,

The consulate called my husband today and told him to send his passport!! They said they will send it back to him with his visa in 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!!

That sounds like some pretty positive news for you guys... :thumbs:

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

AOS

Timeline
Hi everyone,

The consulate called my husband today and told him to send his passport!! They said they will send it back to him with his visa in 1 to 2 weeks!!!!!!

Thanks, we're really excited. T

his has been a long road for us, and very challenging at times. I feel I have aged 5 years in the last year (sigh). But isn't it funny how when we find the person we are supposed to be with, we will do anything it takes?

I was checking out your timeline, and it looks like your case has moved pretty fast. I bet your fiancee won't be in AP very long. She's a girl, and not from the middle east or anything. It's hard to wait through all this, but I think you will hear something soon. To be honest, I'm very surprised my husband got a call this quick. We were expecting to wait months in AP, and it's only been 3 weeks. I've only called DOS once. But I also got a call last week from the CO that interviewed my husband, so I've had a good feeling for a week now.

Hope you hear something soon :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi everyone,

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :dance::dance::dance:

Very happy and excited for the both of you :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Timeline
Hi everyone,

:dance::dance::dance: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :dance::dance::dance:

Very happy and excited for the both of you :luv:

peace

~kris

Thank you so much. Looks like your journey is coming to an end too!!! It's about time! :)

Timeline
Hi everyone,

his has been a long road for us, and very challenging at times. I feel I have aged 5 years in the last year (sigh). But isn't it funny how when we find the person we are supposed to be with, we will do anything it takes?

I was checking out your timeline, and it looks like your case has moved pretty fast. I bet your fiancee won't be in AP very long. She's a girl, and not from the middle east or anything. It's hard to wait through all this, but I think you will hear something soon. To be honest, I'm very surprised my husband got a call this quick. We were expecting to wait months in AP, and it's only been 3 weeks. I've only called DOS once. But I also got a call last week from the CO that interviewed my husband, so I've had a good feeling for a week now.

Thanks very much for the well wishes.

I never thought about getting hit with this AP thing when we went for our interview in Bogota, Colombia April 29th.

I even flew from Los Angeles to be there, thinking that would eliminate any potential problems for sure... In looking at all the people in this forum- and other AP related threads here- almost all case do seem to be from the Middle East area, as you mention, where AP seems quite common for lots of folks. I guess AP is AP, but I feel kinda lonely not seeing any other people from Latin American countries going through this!!! :huh:

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for sharing the great news Emilybug!

Hi everyone,

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for the well wishes.

I never thought about getting hit with this AP thing when we went for our interview in Bogota, Colombia April 29th.

I even flew from Los Angeles to be there, thinking that would eliminate any potential problems for sure... In looking at all the people in this forum- and other AP related threads here- almost all case do seem to be from the Middle East area, as you mention, where AP seems quite common for lots of folks. I guess AP is AP, but I feel kinda lonely not seeing any other people from Latin American countries going through this!!! :huh:

Joe

I'm sure your AP is just for final document review and for the U.S. side of things just getting her security clearances. I can't imagine that it will take much time for that. I think the security clearances are mandatory now no matter what country the person is from.

Emily

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

congraulations emilybug

sounds like the your journey will be over soon

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Hi everyone,

Congrats Emilybug! Sorry I haven't been in touch everyone, been worried about my passport myself. I wasn't told it was going to be 10-15 days or something, I only found out by calling the Embassy's over-priced extortion line directly. DOS freaked us out by saying we were still processing but they say you're pending when you're in AP, right? And the guy did check my case number and say that it was going to be 10 to 15 days...I actually got a letter saying I'd received clearance and not a call. I also figured it would be stupid of them to tell me I'd received clearance and ask for my passport if they still wanted to do more checks...they would have kept my passport off the bat. Sorry @_@ Just trying to reassure myself here because I'm meant to fly out on the 25th and I'm worried...but your news is reassuring to me, Emilybug, because it sounds like one to two weeks is just about right and we're on the right track to getting it back.

I hope and pray it goes fast for everyone else who's waiting. I know how agonizing it can be! And congrats to anyone I missed.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.