2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
waheed and kris we have been waiting around ht esame amount of time did u hear anything after they req. ur passports??? they req ours but they said we may hand in his original passport or notarized copy and list ALL travels abroad..... ok well talk to u soon !

hi fouziathegr8

The embassy requested that we send in Waheed's original passport and updated contact info. So that was sent via courier on May 1. We haven't heard anything else yet but we already know they are slowwwwwwwww. We are hoping to hear something in a few weeks. Inshallah. I am glad they are moving on your case... finally. :thumbs: hope things move quickly for you now. :luv:

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am sorry that you had this discouraging news. (F)

hey everyone !!

my husband just got his passport back with no visa and a letter saying :

"Please bear with us while ur case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We will contact you as soon as this process has been completed."

im very sad this is a livign nightmare....

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

Quick question: It seems like some people who get thrown into AP after the embassy interview have their passports kept and others have them given back on the spot? Ours were handed back when he said AP for us. What is the difference, good or bad, if they keep or give back to you right there, for AP?

Thanks,

Joe

K1

11/11/2008 - I-129F Sent

11/13/2008 - I-129F NOA1 issue date

11/17/2008 - Received NOA1 hard copy in the mail

1/23/2009 - Received email stating I was approved (NOA2) on 1/22/2009

1/26/2009 - Recieved NOA2 hard copy in the mail

4/29/2009 - Embassy interview date - was put into AP (given a form with 221(g) box checked)

12/25/2009 - Still stuck in AP- almost 8 MONTHS and counting... :(

12/28/2009 - Embassy finally called my gal for another "interview"

1/14/2010 - VISA APPROVED at the second interview- took about 8 1/2 months of AP

1/21/2010 - Visa delivered by courier- BUT, she opened sealed envelope that was for U.S. Immigration at POE.

Now embassy in Bogota wants us to do the medicals all over again.... nightmare continues.....

2/22/2010 - She went back to Bogota to get labs and medical re-done. Then back to embassy where they finally

re-issued the visa. Is valid until July 13th

7/3/2010 - She made it to the U.S. finally!!! I filed on November 11th 2008 and went thru 8 1/2 months of AP

AOS

12/16/2010 - Sent in packet by Fed Ex to Chicago

1/7/2011 - Notified by email from USCIS packet was received

1/25/2011 - Notified by email we are receiving an RFE

2/4/2011 - Sent translated birth cert in (RFE)

2/9/2011 - Biometrics done

3/1/2011 - EAD/AP card received

Timeline

All embassy's are different. Some keep the passport, but then send it in the mail. I associate them keeping the passport with the fact that it will be a quick AP. If they give it back, it means it will take a while and they do not want you to be without your passport. Those are just my views of what I have been reading here on VJ.

There is not much rhyme or reason to what goes on. But with this thread, I feel we are all making better sense.

Hi,

Quick question: It seems like some people who get thrown into AP after the embassy interview have their passports kept and others have them given back on the spot? Ours were handed back when he said AP for us. What is the difference, good or bad, if they keep or give back to you right there, for AP?

Thanks,

Joe

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
All embassy's are different. Some keep the passport, but then send it in the mail. I associate them keeping the passport with the fact that it will be a quick AP. If they give it back, it means it will take a while and they do not want you to be without your passport. Those are just my views of what I have been reading here on VJ.

There is not much rhyme or reason to what goes on. But with this thread, I feel we are all making better sense.

Hi,

Thanks,

Joe

some COs keep the passport others don't.

even if they have kept the passport doesn't mean that AP will be short.

My friend's husband's passport was kept and the case was under AP for 2 yrs +/-. while the passport sat at the embassy. At times they return the passport and AP clears within 'days' and then they request passport.

AP is unpredictable and there are no indications of how long it might take for any 1 individual.

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats, Emily. I wish all COs would interview both beneficiary and petitioners, especially when the petitioner wasn't able to come to the interview. Good luck, and I hope he gets his visa soon!!! :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
hey everyone !!

"Please bear with us while ur case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. We will contact you as soon as this process has been completed."

What? Oh, good lord! Why do they do this to us?!

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hey everyone !!

Oh No.... I am sooooo sorry fouziathegr8. :( That is just cruel.

Stay strong and I pray your AP goes very quickly. My heart goes out to you (F)

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Congrats, Emily. I wish all COs would interview both beneficiary and petitioners, especially when the petitioner wasn't able to come to the interview. Good luck, and I hope he gets his visa soon!!! :thumbs:

Thank you!!! I really feel alot better about our case now. At least I know that we didn't do anything wrong at the embassy level. She told me all we are waiting on now is the security checks to come thru and that the Consulate has no control over that. It's on Washington's time.

I hope you get your situation straightened out. I can't imagine how you must feel.

Timeline
you can consider AP as pretty much "pending".. they can still deny you based off of the regular reasons (evidence of bonafide relationship and others).. they are just supposedly doing security/background/name checks on you.. :unsure:

Ok talking about doing security background and name checks i wonder if the do that in USA or in Egypt ( I'm Egyptian ) .

and if they do that in USA i thought that they already did that before maybe at the NVC or USCIS level .

and if they do that in Egypt . they already have a police record of me saying i am clean and i did not do anything wrong .

so can you tell me more about that security background and name checks.

Thank you so much

Some security checks they do there locally for you (Egypt), but they can verify that pretty fast, with your police certificates. The fingerprints come back the same day as your interview. Then they send your name via electronic cable to Washington DC, where it goes thru approximately 3 databases: Condor, Mantis, and IBIS, and they each take a certain amount of time. These systems will automatically put your name in all different ways and spellings. They are trying to see if your name gets a "hit". Doesn't mean you are a terrorist or criminal, but maybe another person in the world has the same name as you, or a close variation, and maybe that person DOES have a criminal record or is on a terrorist "watch list". Then an actual person has to pull files and research the names in order to see that you are not that person. THAT is what can take a long time. So for all the people that get stuck in AP for months on end, this is most likely why. Government officials are having to manually sort through files in order to clear your name. It's unfortunate, and the more common your name is, the stronger possibility you will have a longer wait. When everything is clear, and they have determined that your name is clear, then they send the info electronically back to the consulate, stating the gov has no objection to the issuance of a visa. Then it's up to the CO to be fast about requesting your passport and finalizing everything.

Hope this helps.

Timeline
hey everyone !!

I know you are disappointed. I can only imagine how my husband and I would feel in the same situation.

It probably just means that it's taking longer than what they anticipated and they didn't want to hang on to his passport in the meantime. For all you know they could contact him next week and tell him to send it back!!! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this madness.....

At least we all are in the same boat, just dealing with different consulates, but all still is the UNITED STATES. I know this is a terrible thing to say, but it makes me not feel so proud to live in a place that claims to welcome immigrants but puts them through so much misery and stress just to step on the soil here. It's not all it's cracked up to be.......no other country is this difficult to enter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you!!! I really feel alot better about our case now. At least I know that we didn't do anything wrong at the embassy level. She told me all we are waiting on now is the security checks to come thru and that the Consulate has no control over that. It's on Washington's time.

I hope you get your situation straightened out. I can't imagine how you must feel.

Thanks, I fly out this morning. We will be getting married on Tuesday. Please keep us in your prayers :innocent:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Your journey will be safe and rewarding mentaly & spiritualy.

Thanks, I fly out this morning. We will be getting married on Tuesday. Please keep us in your prayers :innocent:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hey everyone !!

I know you are disappointed. I can only imagine how my husband and I would feel in the same situation.

It probably just means that it's taking longer than what they anticipated and they didn't want to hang on to his passport in the meantime. For all you know they could contact him next week and tell him to send it back!!! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this madness.....

At least we all are in the same boat, just dealing with different consulates, but all still is the UNITED STATES. I know this is a terrible thing to say, but it makes me not feel so proud to live in a place that claims to welcome immigrants but puts them through so much misery and stress just to step on the soil here. It's not all it's cracked up to be.......no other country is this difficult to enter.

WOOOOOW Its awesome to hear that from a US citizen .about how hard it is to move to USA to be with your love .

do you know if they sent your case back to the USA or if its still in Egypt ?!!!

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Congrats kaushalia! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.