2,826 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi everyone,

I have not read through this whole thread yet---that may take some time!

Husband from egypt had his interview Jan 19,2012. CO said approved and check the AP website on cairo embassy in 14 weeks.

I am really happy she did not say 1-2 weeks cause then at 2 weeks I would start freaking out. So, I feel she was being kind to make sure he knew it will be in washington for awhile.

I am curious to know if anyone here has gotten a specific 14 weeks timeframe? It sounded very strange to me.

Good Luck to all

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

good luck to you as well...

I also found this link i thought i would share with all of you/us waiting on ap to conclude....

http://administrativeprocessing.blogspot.com/2008/12/national-name-check-program.html

Thanks for the link. It has good information.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Hi Maya84, My husband has been in AP for 14 long months. There is finally some movement on our case. The embassy did a field investigation on him a week or so ago and now the embassy has sent an email to my congressman saying they will look at our case to see why it is taking so long.

We are very excited and hope that our case will be finished very soon.

Oh Carolyn I hope this means they are going to approve the visa to be issued soon! Yiu have waited for so long. My heart breaks for everyone suffering through this process. The only part of this I have enjoyed was NVC level cause there I felt I had control over my destiny...the rest of these stages I have no control and all I can do is wait and be uniformed.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We were blessed we got approved at USCIS in 4 months. When we were ready for NVC the process took 3 weeks for case complete. Then my husband has his first interview and things went down hill from there. We have wondered so many times what the embassy is doing with our case. 6 months after sending documents to the embassy they called hubby in for a second interview. 8 months after the second interview they did a field investigation. Each time the embassy did something we got excited thinking we would get our visa soon but we just stayed in AP.

Because now the embassy is saying they will look into our case to see why it is taking so long we are very hopeful. We are afraid to get too excited but now we have some hope. I pray all of us get out of AP soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

I hope everyone is doing okay and still hanging in there. Stay strong and we'll all get through this soon, God willing!

When we were officially notified of being in AP in November, they sent us the 221(g) stating that when our case is updated online, we should send the passport and my fiance's military exemption paper. I emailed them several times since getting that paper asking if there was anything they needed from us or if there was anything I could do to keep things moving. They consistently said, "No. Check your case status online and when it is updated, send the requested documents."

Last week, I got an email from the embassy stating: "Kindly note that our records show that we still have not received the Military Status record for your fiancé , we cannot proceed with your fiancé’s case until we receive this mandatory document, if your fiancé is unable to obtain this document and he would like to explain this to the consular officer please let us know so we can schedule him for follow up interview."

Clearly this made me FLIP out and get so upset because we could have sent them this paper MONTHS ago but they told us to wait until the case status was updated. Does that mean that for the last 4 months nothing has been done with our case because they were waiting for this paper that they told us not to send?!

UGH I couldn't be MORE frustrated right now!! We sent the paper the day after I got this email, and I got confirmation a week later from the embassy that they received the paper. For FOUR MONTHS I've been pestering them, asking what they need from us and the answer has always been NOTHING. And NOW they are saying that they are waiting on the paper?! RIDICULOUS! The embassy in Amman has more staff now, too, since the embassy in Damascus closed (everyone got relocated down to Jordan). So hopefully they will put them to work processing visas!!

AHH! Just had to vent my frustration to a group of people who knows how painful this all is!

K1 Fiance Visa Process
3/30/2011: I-129F sent
4/5/2011: NOA1 received from VSC
7/11/2011: consular services in Damascus suspended
8/3/2011: NOA2 received online via USCIS website
8/5/2011: NOA2 hard copy received
8/8/2011: transfer requests sent to Beirut, Ankara and Amman consulates
8/12/2011: NVC received case
8/21/2011: transfer request approved by Amman
8/23/2011: NVC approved case transfer, new case # assigned
8/25/2011: case mailed to consulate from NVC
9/4/2011: received by Amman consulate, Packet 3 received via email, interview scheduled
9/25/2011: INTERVIEW! Result: Request for further information
10/11/2011: Additional information sent
11/14/2011: Case placed into Mandatory Administrative Processing
3/20/2012: Embassy request for updated police certificate, civil record and medical exam
4/22/2012: Requested documents sent to Embassy
5/8/2012: VISA IN HAND!!!

Total time from petition to approval: 58 weeks
Total time in AP: 25 weeks

6/17/2012: POE @ JFK Airport
7/14/2012: Married in Rochester, NY (L)(L)

Adjustment of Status & Employment Authorization

9/24/2012: I-485 and I-765 sent, filed jointly

9/27/2012: NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 received from NBC

11/5/2012: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office

12/14/2012: I-765 Employment Authorization Received (11 weeks from petition to receipt)

7/29/2013: Welcome Letter / Green Card notification received without interview (10 months from NOA1)

Removal of Conditions

6/30/2015: I-751 sent to VSC

7/10/2015: NOA 1 for I-751

8/6/2015: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office
Thank God things moved along pretty well and I could stop keeping track of dates for a while...

N-400

2/13/2017: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

Timeline

We were blessed we got approved at USCIS in 4 months. When we were ready for NVC the process took 3 weeks for case complete. Then my husband has his first interview and things went down hill from there. We have wondered so many times what the embassy is doing with our case. 6 months after sending documents to the embassy they called hubby in for a second interview. 8 months after the second interview they did a field investigation. Each time the embassy did something we got excited thinking we would get our visa soon but we just stayed in AP.

Because now the embassy is saying they will look into our case to see why it is taking so long we are very hopeful. We are afraid to get too excited but now we have some hope. I pray all of us get out of AP soon.

Hi Carolyn, I completly understand you. We get all excited at times for nothing. Only to leave us in a bigger state of depression. We received a similar email like yours today from our Embassy in Cairo, stating the following "We received your inquiry, we are looking into the case and will advise you shortly." Now I am thinking what is shorty for them another 4 months? Inshallah, we will be out of AP this month. Praying you get good news soon

Timeline

I hope everyone is doing okay and still hanging in there. Stay strong and we'll all get through this soon, God willing!

When we were officially notified of being in AP in November, they sent us the 221(g) stating that when our case is updated online, we should send the passport and my fiance's military exemption paper. I emailed them several times since getting that paper asking if there was anything they needed from us or if there was anything I could do to keep things moving. They consistently said, "No. Check your case status online and when it is updated, send the requested documents."

Last week, I got an email from the embassy stating: "Kindly note that our records show that we still have not received the Military Status record for your fiancé , we cannot proceed with your fiancé’s case until we receive this mandatory document, if your fiancé is unable to obtain this document and he would like to explain this to the consular officer please let us know so we can schedule him for follow up interview."

Clearly this made me FLIP out and get so upset because we could have sent them this paper MONTHS ago but they told us to wait until the case status was updated. Does that mean that for the last 4 months nothing has been done with our case because they were waiting for this paper that they told us not to send?!

UGH I couldn't be MORE frustrated right now!! We sent the paper the day after I got this email, and I got confirmation a week later from the embassy that they received the paper. For FOUR MONTHS I've been pestering them, asking what they need from us and the answer has always been NOTHING. And NOW they are saying that they are waiting on the paper?! RIDICULOUS! The embassy in Amman has more staff now, too, since the embassy in Damascus closed (everyone got relocated down to Jordan). So hopefully they will put them to work processing visas!!

AHH! Just had to vent my frustration to a group of people who knows how painful this all is!

OMG, u r kidding me. Thats crazy!!!!! I am even mad for you too, thats so unprofessional. Thats tells you there, that they aren't really reading our inquires, just giving (BS)uninformative replies instead. Wishing you much needed luck.

Hi Freinds,

I hope you all are hanging in there who are still AP. We just got our VISA in the mail today. We are beyond excited but at the same time my heart breaks for you folks. I know how painful and dreadful it was to wait for the unknown for last three months. Alhamdulillah, it is over now. My duah's are for you and I hope you are praying to the lord.

I updated my timeline for you guys.

Best wishes and good luck,

Maya

Timeline

Congrats!

I am glad your wait it finally over.

Welcome to the USA!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

Thanks for all the support and the great answers to my frantic questions. We got our visa today. And I know its bittersweet because so many of you are still waiting for yours! Best of luck and stay strong!

K1 Fiance Visa Process
3/30/2011: I-129F sent
4/5/2011: NOA1 received from VSC
7/11/2011: consular services in Damascus suspended
8/3/2011: NOA2 received online via USCIS website
8/5/2011: NOA2 hard copy received
8/8/2011: transfer requests sent to Beirut, Ankara and Amman consulates
8/12/2011: NVC received case
8/21/2011: transfer request approved by Amman
8/23/2011: NVC approved case transfer, new case # assigned
8/25/2011: case mailed to consulate from NVC
9/4/2011: received by Amman consulate, Packet 3 received via email, interview scheduled
9/25/2011: INTERVIEW! Result: Request for further information
10/11/2011: Additional information sent
11/14/2011: Case placed into Mandatory Administrative Processing
3/20/2012: Embassy request for updated police certificate, civil record and medical exam
4/22/2012: Requested documents sent to Embassy
5/8/2012: VISA IN HAND!!!

Total time from petition to approval: 58 weeks
Total time in AP: 25 weeks

6/17/2012: POE @ JFK Airport
7/14/2012: Married in Rochester, NY (L)(L)

Adjustment of Status & Employment Authorization

9/24/2012: I-485 and I-765 sent, filed jointly

9/27/2012: NOA1 for I-485 and I-765 received from NBC

11/5/2012: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office

12/14/2012: I-765 Employment Authorization Received (11 weeks from petition to receipt)

7/29/2013: Welcome Letter / Green Card notification received without interview (10 months from NOA1)

Removal of Conditions

6/30/2015: I-751 sent to VSC

7/10/2015: NOA 1 for I-751

8/6/2015: Biometrics Appointment at Buffalo Field Office
Thank God things moved along pretty well and I could stop keeping track of dates for a while...

N-400

2/13/2017: CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY

• 9 months later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Dear all

I am new here

Coulndnt find the end of the schedule

anyone can help and put my information there

Name: rami hamed, embassy amman jordan, type f1 unmarried son of a us citizen, date of interview feb 10, 2013. Reason: 212g.

AP in jordan was complete in 62 days, started Feb. 10th, 2013....

• 9 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.