2,826 posts in this topic

Somebody posted something about how they do have information on the screen but they are allowed not to give it if they don't want to. It really just depends on who you talk to, unfortunately, and how much of a power-trip they are on any particular day.

My advice (having called DOS many times for a visa payment issue) is to just be very polite when you call them, maybe call them in the morning (so that they haven't been beaten down that day yet by the mean phone calls that I'm sure they must receive??)

I have been told one day that there was a note saying that they sent him some forms for the payment and then the very next day they said there are no notes in the file at all. I friggin hate how ambigious they can be, but not more than you guys, I suppose. I wish the best to all of you and hope you get out of the hell soon.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Somebody posted something about how they do have information on the screen but they are allowed not to give it if they don't want to. It really just depends on who you talk to, unfortunately, and how much of a power-trip they are on any particular day.

My advice (having called DOS many times for a visa payment issue) is to just be very polite when you call them, maybe call them in the morning (so that they haven't been beaten down that day yet by the mean phone calls that I'm sure they must receive??)

I have been told one day that there was a note saying that they sent him some forms for the payment and then the very next day they said there are no notes in the file at all. I friggin hate how ambigious they can be, but not more than you guys, I suppose. I wish the best to all of you and hope you get out of the hell soon.

i Gusse ill keep calling the thing is one day i was told the Ap was at embassy level then the next day they said its in WA. DC im confussed and just annoyed realy this is realy getting to both me and my husband. usualy i would have a depressed crying day once a week if at all now its like everyday. Im ready for this to be over

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello god ? Are you here ? We need help down here ......I know, i know, lord we do forget to come to you other times when we dont want SOMETHING. But lord there are got some pretty desperate people counting on you down here. We do know you say," if two or more agree". So here we are lord, all in agreement.We miss our loved ones so much.We will do whatever it takes. We will honor will name , worship and praise you all the days of our lives. We thank you lord. I know, I know, lord we are waiting as patiently as we can. I am constantly praying for each and everyone of you. And pouring out blessings on you. goodnight and god bless you all....

bridget

Hello god ? Are you here ? We need help down here ......I know, i know, lord we do forget to come to you other times when we dont want SOMETHING. But lord there are got some pretty desperate people counting on you down here. We do know you say," if two or more agree". So here we are lord, all in agreement.We miss our loved ones so much.We will do whatever it takes. We will honor will name , worship and praise you all the days of our lives. We thank you lord. I know, I know, lord we are waiting as patiently as we can. I am constantly praying for each and everyone of you. And pouring out blessings on you. goodnight and god bless you all....

Thank you so much :), I have gotten so much closer to God than ever before too. All this patience I have gotten is thanks to him.

USCIS

1/04/2009 - Married my other half

1/16/2009 - Mailed I130

1/27/2009 - NOA1

3/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

3/31/2009 - NVC # Assigned

4/01/2009 - Called NVC and provided e-mail to representative

4/06/2009 - DS3032 and AOS Fee Generated

4/06/2009 - Emailed DS3032 from SO's e-mail account and paid AOS fee

4/07/2009 - AOS online receipt marked as paid, mailed out I864EZ

4/13/2009 - AOS Documents received and bieng reviewed

4/17/2009 - DS3032 Choice of Agent e-mail accepted

4/17/2009 - IV Bill generated and paid

4/19/2009 - IV Bill Marked Paid

4/20/2009 - Overnight DS230

4/23/2009 - DS230 Received and entered into the system, Review begins

5/01/2009 - CASE COMPLETE

8/18/2009 - Interview - Placed on AP 221(g)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

since Jan 28 2010 im still in AP whenever my wife called to DOS they said that ur husband is in background checks...

after that they told to my wife that wait three to six months...

event.png

event.png

I called the DOS agai today and the lady told me its still pending so i asked her the last date stamp and she said its was APRIL. she said the embassy is waitting on clearnce from an American agency.

I gusse that means Name Checks, Background Check?

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

02-20-11

02-27-11

So i think its securety check/name check/ background checks. Is the file still in jerusalem right? so when the checks are done they will call my husband to send in his passport? or will it take long for them to be notified that the checks are done?

i found this site also http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm

so 120 days? 4 months. so im not even half way there and thats if im lucky it will be 4 months :(

02-20-11

02-27-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Amen Bridget :innocent:

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Timeline

So i think its securety check/name check/ background checks. Is the file still in jerusalem right? so when the checks are done they will call my husband to send in his passport? or will it take long for them to be notified that the checks are done?

i found this site also http://www.fbi.gov/c...rrity071003.htm

so 120 days? 4 months. so im not even half way there and thats if im lucky it will be 4 months sad.gif

Hey girl ,they dont send your file back for checks they send an electronic copy to each agency they want to check you. And as soon as they get all those back they either approve or deny you.Then they call or send a email or letter saying you need to submit your passport.It depends on the embassey which one they use to contact you. Then you should be looking at a visa in say a weeks time sometimes sooner.I have been praying for you alot girl. i know how sad, depressed and angry you have been. We all do.Just know that we are praying for you.Try to hand this to god and trust he will take care of it. i know it is hard,we all have bad days. But since i have been praying about this and given it to god. I have peace. I know that God sent me Alen, and i know he will get him to me in his own time.I may not like it, somedays im impatient because i see his fear since he is back in Iraq. He has been threatened twice and doesnt leave the house anymore unless he has no other option. Soon he has to move out of where he is staying and will have no place to go. All his family is in Sweden. He is alone for the first time in his life. But he is hanging in there and god is gonna take care of everything. This i have to believe or id be crazy. I was crazy the first 3 months. I just wanted to let you know that i am praying for all of you. And i know you all pray for us. My wish for you is that on this night god fills you to the brim with peace.And sends your love to you asap.

bridget

Thanks Girly i hope its soon. i dont know why its taking so long my hubby has never done anything and got the recored thing for his interview and it was clean.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Do any of you want to tell us your story about how you met your loved one and when you knew they were the one? I'd love to hear it :)

Though I was very lucky in my own processing, I still check this thread every few days and feel so supst for you guys. I would go bananas if it happened to me. I pray each night that you guys get to be with your loved ones soon and I continue to tell all of my family and friends (even strangers on the bus who are curious) about this horrible process and how the consulate officers don't treat people like they are human. This arrogance and power trip that they have has got to go.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Aw thanks your soo sweet.

02-20-11

02-27-11

Timeline

Amen Bridget innocent.gif

Thanks, You know no matter how hard this journey is i know god sent me to Alen.From Pineville, Louisiana a lil backwoods country girl boarded a plane for Sweden alone never having flown that far to meet the man she had met online 6 months before. I met and started chatting with him because of a picture he had on his instant mesage box of jesus on the cross. most people put a cute picture of themselves,their kids, their pets, etc. Not many of their god. So i sent him a message asking about it. And so that was the begining of many many hours talking.Finally i took a leap of faith and bought a plane ticket. I was scared to death and soo nervous. But i got off that plane 19 hrs later in a strange country. He was waiting for 3 hours in the airport and had shook my flowers to pieces. i couldnt find him at first and thought i had been stood up. All my family thought i was nuts. And i guess it was alil crazy but i had lived all my life without ever just taking a chance. And so finally we see each other and it was like i had found my soulmate. He is the most amazing man. He is not perfect. No one is...But hes is as close as you can get.So when i say god sent him to me. I mean it. I got to stay 7 amazing months with him. And would have married him the first week but we never were able to get sweden to give us a marriage license.I know there are people whom abuse this system of immigration but for those of us here, we could never go thru all this if we did want above all else to be with the one we love. All this waiting and worrying has somehow brought me closer and closer to god, he has not helped me thru this, He has picked me up dusted me off a few times and CARRIED ME. I will spent the rest of my life thanking him for leading me on this path. I was so angry at first, now i pray for the people at the embassey.So long story short. Be thankful for this journey know matter how long because it is taking you somewhere and you are learning for every step. Each day in this life we must learn to cherish because they do go by fast. As my loves says, we only get one life.

bridget

Timeline

Do any of you want to tell us your story about how you met your loved one and when you knew they were the one? I'd love to hear it smile.gif

Though I was very lucky in my own processing, I still check this thread every few days and feel so supst for you guys. I would go bananas if it happened to me. I pray each night that you guys get to be with your loved ones soon and I continue to tell all of my family and friends (even strangers on the bus who are curious) about this horrible process and how the consulate officers don't treat people like they are human. This arrogance and power trip that they have has got to go.

awwww Justine you are so sweet. I could write a book on my story, but i did share alil down below.So happy for yall.Thanks for the prayers ,we need all we can get.good.gif

bridget

Timeline

Aw thanks your soo sweet.

Thx girl just wanted you to know i am praying for you. Ya know most americans assume all muslim people are bad. Kinda like Alen. They all think because he is from Iraq he is a terrorist. He has problems killing a bug. But while i was with him he introduced me to his muslim friends and there familys. On catholic religious holidays for Alen they brought candy and would visit. On muslim holidays Alen would visit and bring them treats. They were all so kind and loving people. Just because their religion wasnt his or mine didnt mean we couldnt respect each others personal beliefs.I met so many kind people whom had fled the war and sought refuge in sweden.I will never forget my time there or the friends i made. We all, no matter what religion have bones ,teeth,skin a brain we are human beings. Just because there are a few bad apples doesnt mean the whole basket is bad. I wish more than anything for peace in all these war torn countrys.

bridget

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.