ramos96

need information (Brazil)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

My friend Joe wants to bring over his friend from Brazil for a visit, where can we start reading as to what is involved to help her get what she will need to make the trip easier? Why are trying to do all of this with the intent of beginning a K1 soon afterwards, all help is appreciated.

Humbly,

Ramos

da thread killa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all,

My friend Joe wants to bring over his friend from Brazil for a visit, where can we start reading as to what is involved to help her get what she will need to make the trip easier? Why are trying to do all of this with the intent of beginning a K1 soon afterwards, all help is appreciated.

Humbly,

Ramos

She will need to apply for a tourist visa and show very STRONG ties to Brazil...and that she has money.

Edited by bora bora

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all,

Humbly,

Ramos

She will need to apply for a tourist visa and show very STRONG ties to Brazil...and that she has money.

or that someone like her parents can sponsor him financially

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Getting a tourist Visa to come to the US from Brazil is very difficult for most people. A few things that help out a lot (which still not that much because I know people that own companies in Brazil and still got denied) Owning your own home, owning your own business, large amount of money in your bank account, having a good job and being there for a long amount of time, family such as children that will remain in Brazil and are dependent upon your return to Brazil, and many other things as these are just examples. It might be better for your friend to take some time off from work and go there for a week or so, it is a wonderful country and the beauty is just something you have to see for yourself to believe. And I dont mean in the cities because for the most parts that I have been in graffiti covers most buildings but I mean the country, the parks, the beaches, the jungles, the rivers and the people themselves because the culture there is just amazing. Not all cities look awful but a lot of them do by American standards and like in any American city you have to know where you can and can not go and how dressed down you should be. While Brazil is said to be a very dangerous country I found that it is no different than a large US city except for the indifference of human life by the criminals, its just a bit higher there than it is here but only a bit. You walk down the wrong street in L.A. and the same thing could happen. So I would encourage anyone to go there and it gives him a chance to see where his friend lives and a taste of her culture.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Getting a tourist Visa to come to the US from Brazil is very difficult for most people. A few things that help out a lot (which still not that much because I know people that own companies in Brazil and still got denied) Owning your own home, owning your own business, large amount of money in your bank account, having a good job and being there for a long amount of time, family such as children that will remain in Brazil and are dependent upon your return to Brazil, and many other things as these are just examples. It might be better for your friend to take some time off from work and go there for a week or so, it is a wonderful country and the beauty is just something you have to see for yourself to believe. And I dont mean in the cities because for the most parts that I have been in graffiti covers most buildings but I mean the country, the parks, the beaches, the jungles, the rivers and the people themselves because the culture there is just amazing. Not all cities look awful but a lot of them do by American standards and like in any American city you have to know where you can and can not go and how dressed down you should be. While Brazil is said to be a very dangerous country I found that it is no different than a large US city except for the indifference of human life by the criminals, its just a bit higher there than it is here but only a bit. You walk down the wrong street in L.A. and the same thing could happen. So I would encourage anyone to go there and it gives him a chance to see where his friend lives and a taste of her culture.

Oh I agree he should go visit there. I personally have been traveling to Brazil for almost 9 years now due to work. I'm trying to help make the most of the trips and gather the proper evidence he will need possibly in the future, basically I don't want him to make the same mistakes I did :) in regards to evidence. We are trying to find out where she will go in Brazil to begin the process for a tourist visa to the USA. She is wanting to come visit first.

Any links or further information is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ramos

:devil:

Hi all,

Humbly,

Ramos

or that someone like her parents can sponsor him financially

He can sponsor her without a problem. What kinds of things will she need in order to prove that she will return to Brazil, that will make the authorities happy?

Thanks in advance,

Ramos

Edited by ramos96

da thread killa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

There is nothing she can send in the form of an affidavit that really counts for anything, sure you can send it in but even still those strong ties must be present. She needs to send some of the things that I had mentioned before, copy of her bank statement showing a lot of money in there, proof of owning her own car and/or house, Job history and salary , those types of things. If she has none of that then what reason can they see that would make her want or need to go back. Stong ties are just that, things that bind her to Brazil, things like great financial loss if she does not go back. Here is one link explaining things

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?ac...amp;itemmenu=58

Here is another link for the visa offices

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?it...ion=hourmap.htm

According to the Immigration and Naturalization Law, all non-immigrant visa applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have strong ties to their country of residence, and must show that they intend to depart the U.S. after their temporary visit. While there is no specific list of documents to be provided or things that must be done in order to demonstrate strong ties outside of the United States, applicants may wish to bring a variety of materials that can assist in demonstrating these ties. Such documents may include the following:

A labor card, personal income tax returns, pay stubs, marriage/birth certificates, bank statements, car documents, real estate deeds, school statements, letters from employers, and, for business owners or partners, company tax returns, a recently-printed certification of the CNPJ (national business registration number), etc.

Expired passports for yourself, as well as current and expired passports for others who may be traveling with you, especially if they are family members. Current and expired passports for family members who will not travel with you can also be helpful. If you anticipate that your old passport will be retained by the Brazilian Federal Police when you receive your new passport, you are advised to make a complete copy of your old passport first, and to bring that copy to the interview.

Any previous U.S. visas in your current or expired passport or a copy, especially if you are renewing the same type of visa that is still valid or expired less than 12 months ago (e.g. through a visa renewal programs).

If someone else will pay for your travel, then it can be important to bring documents demonstrating that person’s or organization’s ties outside of the United States, as well as documents that can help demonstrate the applicant’s own ties to his or her country of residence. The kinds of documents recommended above for applicants can also be brought in for sponsors. In cases where the sponsor is based in the United States (e.g., a U.S.-based organization, an American citizen, or a Legal Permanent Resident in the U.S.), demonstrating ties outside of the United States may be more challenging

If you have not brought certain documents such as those listed above, it is possible that the Consular Officer will ask you to return with them on another day. In addition, in some cases, the Consular Officer may request documents that are not mentioned on this list in order for the applicant to demonstrate sufficient ties.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.