*Maureen*

MONDAY!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

eeewww one of my sisters used to make me get goosebumps by taking her LONG fingernails and putting them on my back in such a way that it's supposed to feel like a scorpion walking. She'd always say "scorpions walk sideways!" and then do her thing and I'd squeal!!!! *shudder*

I don't wanna be here. I"m trying to keep under the radar. I can't wait to see the kids...I haven't seen them for a week!!!! My husband kept saying how quiet the house is without them! We were total slugs this weekend. We went food shopping one day and to the beach yesterday though that sucked. I was like c'mon we HAVE to get out of the house at some point or we'll have wasted the day. He reluctantly went with me and we went to a digusting gross beach that apparently is never cleaned and sat in the hot digusting sun (at 4:30pm it was still HOT!!) for all of 1/2 hour until he looked at me and said, "can we go back home now?" . lol.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thanks Bridget! I might work modified hours this week to ease into it.

Remind me to tell you guys about the scorpion! I'm still freaking out. Story pending till I get to work.

GOOD MORNING MENA!!

I am waiting for my coffee and stalking NVC's phone line LOL

Jackie, what a doll...thank you.

Nawal~just a few hours and you will be home after your first day. Good luck and I know you will miss those gorgeous babies, but think of all the fun you can have at work showing them off and talking about them to everyone

Tender, is it true?!?! today?!?! HOW EXCITING!!

ok, coffee for me...I slept until 6 and now I have to move my a$$ so I am not late <_<

I work for a major health insurance company that monitors my every move on the net, so no VJ for me at work :cry:

I will check in as soon as I am home, have a great Monday everyone!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good morning everyone :)

After 3.5 weeks away I must say that it is nice to get back to work :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good Morning all.

It's Monday indeed but I don't mind much since my entire dept. is out on vacation so I'm all by myself. The weekend was great but passed a little too fast. My meet up with Noura was great, tad too short but I had a blast - she is an amazing woman...

Wishing everyone a great week ahead with plenty of good news - both on visas as well as babies...

(((HUGS)))

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

YAY! I can VJ from work! Woohoo..its not blocked for now. :dance:

Okay...So...we are moving into our new home this coming Friday and each weekend for about 2 weeks now...we have been bringing over small loads of boxes, etc.

Well, Saturday morning we head over and I'm in my new gorgeous bathroom...enjoying the double sinks...enourmous tub...lovely shower...and I look back again at one of the double sinks...hmmm..."whats that a rubber band?" NOOOO!!! It's a scorpion and its ALIVE! :o

Okay, so I know I live in the desert and YES I know there are scorpions here but I have lived here almost 5 years and have never EVER seen one! (only on tv...haha). What am I going to do? I feel like I will never ever be able to sleep again. I don't even want to move into the house!

Any suggestions before my husband and my father kill me? I'm worried about the babies and about getting bitten myself! :crying::crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Jackie!

It think there are few ladies in FL. - Twila, Wahrania... but not sure of their exact location.

YAY! I can VJ from work! Woohoo..its not blocked for now. :dance:

Okay...So...we are moving into our new home this coming Friday and each weekend for about 2 weeks now...we have been bringing over small loads of boxes, etc.

Well, Saturday morning we head over and I'm in my new gorgeous bathroom...enjoying the double sinks...enourmous tub...lovely shower...and I look back again at one of the double sinks...hmmm..."whats that a rubber band?" NOOOO!!! It's a scorpion and its ALIVE! :o

Okay, so I know I live in the desert and YES I know there are scorpions here but I have lived here almost 5 years and have never EVER seen one! (only on tv...haha). What am I going to do? I feel like I will never ever be able to sleep again. I don't even want to move into the house!

Any suggestions before my husband and my father kill me? I'm worried about the babies and about getting bitten myself! :crying::crying:

That's scary - I hope that our desert friends may suggest a solution. Be safe!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

nawal...at my house in jordan, there were scorpions constantly in the bathroom and stuff...just always wear shoes...here in chicago we dont have em' but is there something you can spray the permiter of your house with or something?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

OMG Nawal!! You know me, I'd totally freak out too!!!!! I would have called my Dad from the other side of town to come and fix it!!! LOL

And I'm paranoid so I'd worry too - What about your neighbors? Have you made friends and talked to them yet? Ask them what their experience has been and if they have seen a lot of them ?? I would never be able to sleep either! But if only to put your mind at ease call the bug guys and have them look the house over inside and out - a lot of them do free "consultations" and you might get lucky and find an honest one that will say there is nothing here and then you can rest!!!

WOOHOO for VJ at work!!!!! :dance:

Goodmorning MENA

I just want to say it is nice to Ash around us again!

I think the cool weather here on the East Coast is vanishing..it's gonna be a hot one! :yes:

Praying for us all to hear good news ASAP!!!!!!

Edited by sandrila

Thanks girl!!! Missed you all!!! :luv:

I agree about the weather - Last week was sooo nice - those high 70's and cool breeze but it seems like we are back in for the hot humid August days!! This has been such an odd summer

Goodmorning MENA

I just want to say it is nice to Ash around us again!

I think the cool weather here on the East Coast is vanishing..it's gonna be a hot one! :yes:

Praying for us all to hear good news ASAP!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning MENA. One week from today and I'll be back into classes again and dreading Mondays. At least this is my last year of college. I'm having a 30th Birthday Party this Saturday before I go back to school. I made reservations at PF Chang's. So far 15 people are coming and about 5 still have yet to RSVP. I figured I do it now since my B-day is in September, during school, and I always miss having family and friends around.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm in Miami, so yes I'm getting hit by lots of rain right now... we are waiting to see which side of Florida it's going to hit :unsure:

Wahriana is in Orlando (middle of Florida) and I've ridden out a few hurricanes there, not big deal :thumbs: She should be fine and be able to get to hospital if she needs to, ect... I'm not sure who else is living here.

I'm on the emergency manager's list at my hotel, so if the storm turns into a hurricane and we are on the west side I'm going to have to spend the night here. I can bring my husband though and park my car in the garage... much better than my first floor apartment off the bay :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.