Completely

For those who became a CITIZEN recently.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Did you remember filing an Adjustment of Status after your I-130 was approved? And if so, did you file this form I-485?

I did not file any adjustment after I got my I-130 approved, but I remember I have a form that has a SSN application.... I have received my SSN card without any notes or what soever it is just a card with SSN NUMBER on it.

Does filing trough VSC is different than filing in the Embassy overseas?? Just curious.

I am just wondering why K3-filer need to do this., I have been reading post about this and dont get it.. I am just asking just to get or add some info just in case a friend ask me... I am a US citizen now and just took the oath recently.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Did you remember filing an Adjustment of Status after your I-130 was approved? And if so, did you file this form I-485?

I did not file any adjustment after I got my I-130 approved, but I remember I have a form that has a SSN application.... I have received my SSN card without any notes or what soever it is just a card with SSN NUMBER on it.

Does filing trough VSC is different than filing in the Embassy overseas?? Just curious.

I am just wondering why K3-filer need to do this., I have been reading post about this and dont get it.. I am just asking just to get or add some info just in case a friend ask me... I am a US citizen now and just took the oath recently.

Some of us like doing things the hard way, with the I-130/I-485, also applied for the I-765 to get an EAD card that enabled us to get an SS card, with "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" printed all over it, they left off valid for paying taxes, but that was a side benefit.

With the conditional PRC, went back to SS and got new cars with that statement left off, otherwise the card looks the same, same name, same SS number.

If St. Paul can ever find a judge that is not to busy putting people in jail for that oath ceremony, will be going back again to apply for new cards, with the only change, the date, and checking the US citizen box, instead of the PRC box. Heard SS has a new card that is more difficult to counterfeit, may apply for a card for myself as well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Some of us like doing things the hard way, with the I-130/I-485, also applied for the I-765 to get an EAD card that enabled us to get an SS card, with "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" printed all over it, they left off valid for paying taxes, but that was a side benefit.

With the conditional PRC, went back to SS and got new cars with that statement left off, otherwise the card looks the same, same name, same SS number.

If St. Paul can ever find a judge that is not to busy putting people in jail for that oath ceremony, will be going back again to apply for new cards, with the only change, the date, and checking the US citizen box, instead of the PRC box. Heard SS has a new card that is more difficult to counterfeit, may apply for a card for myself as well.

Can you explain clearly what you said?

"If St. Paul can ever find a judge that is not to busy putting people in jail for that oath ceremony, will be going back again to apply for new cards, with the only change, the date, and checking the US citizen box, instead of the PRC box. Heard SS has a new card that is more difficult to counterfeit, may apply for a card for myself as well."

Why did you say this?

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
"If St. Paul can ever find a judge that is not to busy putting people in jail for that oath ceremony, will be going back again to apply for new cards, with the only change, the date, and checking the US citizen box, instead of the PRC box. Heard SS has a new card that is more difficult to counterfeit, may apply for a card for myself as well."

Simple, going nuts waiting for the oath letter because the apparent delays is in the justice department, trying to find a judge. But if they ever do, will be going back to the SS office for the third time, already have Form SS-5 in Adobe Acrobat all filled out in my computer and easy to make changes. That's good for either a first time car or a replacement, so could take my wife's form, change the first name and SS number, print it out and also get a new card that is suppose to be counterfeit print in my name as well, since I am making the trip.

Have it down to a science, office opens at 8:00 AM, if I get there at 7:55 AM and wait by the door, will be the first one in, hand in the applications, bring the original documents with copies to leave them, and out of there in about five minutes.

My strange way of saying, with the USCIS, have done this so many times because of constant changes in status, have it down to a routine.

There are no fees associated with getting a new or a replacement card, but they are kind of getting 15% of your gross wages that congress and other claim you may never get back.

Yes, after this is over, also have plans on visiting my psycho-therapist for USCIS debrainwashing sessions. Constantly dealing with SS is yet another side effect of dealing with the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.