sukie175

World Cup anybody?

2,088 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not, but Henry had a few in the tournament (not really his style, but............I hate diving but let's face it, all teams do it at one point)

Zidane's behavoir was just baffling, especially as he is walking away before he did it. He has generally been a pretty classy player throughout his career, but he has had his moments.

Congrats to Italy!!!

I particularly enjoyed the haircutting ceremony at the end.

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Maybe not, but Henry had a few in the tournament (not really his style, but............I hate diving but let's face it, all teams do it at one point)

Zidane's behavoir was just baffling, especially as he is walking away before he did it. He has generally been a pretty classy player throughout his career, but he has had his moments.

Congrats to Italy!!!

I particularly enjoyed the haircutting ceremony at the end.

:thumbs: ...and thanks

Milan,Italy- San Francisco, USA

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

and the players that were wearing nothing but underwear :P

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Honestly- you don't PLAY for Italy so why take everything so personally?

at least he doesn't take dives.

Edited because your comment actually speaks for itself. I give up.

what was it exactly you were trying to do? Make me a fan of Italy's soccer team?? Why?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys... drop your guys.. would ya ? :) it is over... Italy is the champion.. nothing we can do about it...I wished it was Brazil, Caroline wished it was Australia and so on..it is like beating a dead horse :yes:

I know how you feel tho , Caroline... it is like we Brazilians feel towards Argentina's team :P

Edited by Lisz
brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Timeline

There is no problem here. I don't care that Italy won - that's not what that whole thing was about - it was about Zidane, but either way, She takes comments against italy's soccer team personally...I will NEVER cheer for that team...so why try to make me think they are a great group of guys? I'm sure they are but I won't cheer for them...I don't see why we can't just agree to disagree

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Let us please put the Italy-Australia hate behind us?

I was rooting for Australia that game (and gutted for them) but I see the facts thusly:

1. Grosso's dive for a penalty was not the only bad call by the ref -- there was no way Materazzi deserved the red card

2. Possession of the ball (when your opponent is down one man) does not equal results - Australia were still unable to score a goal. Let's face it, Buffon had very little to do in that match

3. The reason for this is Italian defense was the most solid of the entire cup (and probably the best in the world) -- the only goal allowed before the final was an own goal. If the Germans (who I believe scored the most goals in the tournament) couldn't do it there's no reason to believe the Australians would have either.

Italy are the champs, congrats to them

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

GO Trinidad & Tobago! :dance:

oh...it over? :huh:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Timeline

good lord people.i never said I wanted Australia to win - I am not dumb. I don't like the Italian soccer team...no HATE involved...just not a fan - why am I not entitled to that opinion?

It has nothing to do with AUstralia really - I have NEVER liked Italy's soccer team. Been playing/watching soccer my whole life...and NEVER been a fan.

Edited by karo112

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
good lord people.i never said I wanted Australia to win - I am not dumb. I don't like the Italian soccer team...no HATE involved...just not a fan - why am I not entitled to that opinion?

It has nothing to do with AUstralia really - I have NEVER liked Italy's soccer team. Been playing/watching soccer my whole life...and NEVER been a fan.

It does sound like it has a lot to do with the Australia game though, then again we might all be wrong because it's hard to tell on a forum, you can't really see people face to face. You are entitled to your opinion, no one here denyed you that, but don't say others take things personally because they dare to disagree with you and converse about it. If you choose to be sarcastic then expect an answer most of the times, especially in a forum. No one is trying to make you a fan (where did that come from anyway?), besides there were NO comments about Italy, you brought that up-AGAIN- I was talking about Zidane and my comments were still about what he did and not Italy, once again you didn't get what I meant, I guess my English is very bad when I try to explain myself. Bear with me, in the end I am not an English native speaker. When I wrote I GIVE UP I meant that if someone ceases to see the difference in seriousness between diving and a headbutt then I don't really have anything else to tell them about it. MY opinion, MY choice of behaviour to stop talking about it with them. I am disgusted someone gets an award after performing (twice now in his career too+a bunch of other nice fouls...) an act such as Zidane's, no matter how stellar they might have played the whole tournament. To me to get the award for best player in a World Cup has to be about skills and character as well. I would have told what I told you to anyone else, but I must admit, and please do not take this the wrong way again, you of all people really and genuinely surprised me, considering the fact you said how much honor in sport means to you. Everyone despised what he did and wrote about it but you, you almost excused it or at least it sounded that way. What Zidane did isn't just a shame on the sports level, it is even more on the personal one. Simply disgusting. I thought the world agreed about it. I was wrong.

And now please let's stop misunderstanding each other (F)

P.S.

This all has to be read with a gigantic smiley if you know what I mean

Edited by alexcrv76