sukie175

World Cup anybody?

2,088 posts in this topic

jeez! everybody knows that Football (soccer for you) brings more passion than any other sport in the World because there are more in this world than basketball or baseball.

So McDonalds brings more passion to food because it is the most popular restaurant in the world? Soccer (football to you) is popular because it is the cheapest sport to play. So it is available to the most people.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess that it should be kept as a funny thread where we had fun, root, laugh, cry, screamed... The World Cup is over...People likes it, people doesn't... those that doesn't enjoy it, should keep out instead of trying to make it a bad thing, those that enjoy it, love it, have a deep passion for it, should keep defending it... cheap or not, it brings lot of fun to lots of people around the world. This is how every sport should to be, brings fun to all and every people. What fun is that to have only fancy things that nobody can enjoy but just some chosen ones ?

brazilCq14.gifLiszy & Kenny usaCa.gif

----~~~-----

12/26/06 Sent AOS to Chicago

04/16/07 Green Card approved w/o interview !! YYYAAAYY

----~~~-----

03/16/2009 - I-751 sent to VSC

03/17/2009 - VSC received

03/18/2009 - NOA 1

03/20/2009 - Check cashed

03/23/2009 - NOA 1 in mail

04/01/2009 - Biometrics letter

04/14/2009 - Biometrics

04/15/2009 - Touched

04/16/2009 - I guess I can lay down and sleep now ?

07/16/2009 - 3 months later...... nothing... oh well

07/21/2009 - Card production ordered w/o interview again :) !! woohooo

07/22/2009 - Touched

07/30/2009 - Card is here !

----~~~-----

01/23/2019 - I-90 sent online

01/28/2019 - Notice of receipt in the mail

02/01/2019 - Biometrics notice in the mail

02/15/2019 - Biometrics

02/21/2019 - Card being produced

02/23/2019 - Card received!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
I guess that it should be kept as a funny thread where we had fun, root, laugh, cry, screamed... The World Cup is over...People likes it, people doesn't... those that doesn't enjoy it, should keep out instead of trying to make it a bad thing, those that enjoy it, love it, have a deep passion for it, should keep defending it... cheap or not, it brings lot of fun to lots of people around the world. This is how every sport should to be, brings fun to all and every people. What fun is that to have only fancy things that nobody can enjoy but just some chosen ones ?

Yep, that's right nothing can take away the joy I feel right now.

BTW: Mc'Donalds restaurant might be the most popular restaurants in the World (in south america for example MacDonalds isn't cheap at all) but again the most popular food in the world is pasta and rice. I don't see the relation between a cheap sport and passion. I don't get it.

When was McDonalds promoted to the restaurant category? :help: I must have missed something... :lol:

Good one :thumbs::P

Edited by Carola

jeez! everybody knows that Football (soccer for you) brings more passion than any other sport in the World because there are more in this world than basketball or baseball.

So McDonalds brings more passion to food because it is the most popular restaurant in the world? Soccer (football to you) is popular because it is the cheapest sport to play. So it is available to the most people.

What I find cheap is your comment.

I shouldn`t let that spoil my mood tho...in my part of the world the people are still partying about last night :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations Italy and THANK YOU for the beautiful night! (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)

Today was one example how Replay can help with certain decision, The referee didn't see Zinade Headbutting that Italian Player, they went and talk about it with the Line Referee, I beleive in case of a questional Call, they should have a chance to conference it even see the Replay and make the final Decision

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
I just read in the news that Zidane was still elected player of the tournament by FIFA...unbelieveable! :angry:

Well, he played well for all but 1 minute. I would really like to know what got into his head.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree he should have won - he really drove France through and played well. his one frustration driven foul in the end shouldnt have marred the whole tourny.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Frustration driven foul? I am not sure what you meant by that...no matter what frustration one might have, a 30+ years old player who is clearly used to play in stressful situations has NO excuses for what he did. I repeat myself...unbelievable he won, especially considering he is not new to stuff like this even though he clearly saved the best for last... Besides, I still don't think he was the best player of the whole tournament even before what he did, he was pumped up because he is an older player and because he was retiring.

So glad he's gone for good.

Edited by alexcrv76