aliya

Affadavit of Support Question

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

We recently received our NOA2 approval and Joe is finalising the 1-134 form and evidence. He recently retired from his job, he has a military disability pension and a retirement pension that, after tax, comes in at just over the 125% requirement, plus he has about $150000 savings. We feel this should cover the requirements, but he had asked his son to act as a co-sponsor just in case his retirement is seen as an issue. However, his son is really busy and while his income is high, it is difficult for him gather all the info for the questions regarding other assets. Firstly, do you think we even need another sponsor and secondly, can his son just put in income/tax details/letter from employer etc and not declare assets - and if so, what would he answer where it asks for details of these on the I-134 form? Should he leave them blank, because putting NONE would not be accurate...I have searched the forums and it seems that questions about sponsorship are consulate specific, so I'm hoping that someone from the Aussie contingent can help with this!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney. Australia

I-129F Sent : April 5,2008

I-129F NOA1 : April 11, 2008

I-129F RFE received: July 25, 2008

I-129F RFE response sent: July 26, 2008

I-129F touched - response received USCIS/process resumed: July 30, 2008

I-129F approved- notice sent via email: August 13, 2008

NOA2 hard copy received - August 18, 2008

NVC left - August 22, 2008

Consulate received - August 24, 2008

Packet 3 received - August 28, 2008

Medical - Sept 4, 2008

Sent Packet 3 - Sept 10, 2008

Received Packet 4 - Sept 16, 2008

Interview - Sept 30, 2008 - Visa approved!

Visa received - Oct 3, 2008

Travel to US - Nov 8, 2008

Married - Nov 26, 2008

Applied for SSN: Dec 2, 2008

AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Package sent: Jan 2, 2009

NOA for AOS, AP & EAD received: Jan 10, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received: Feb 22, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received (another one??): March 5, 2009

Biometrics Appointment 2PM: March 14, 2009

Case Transfer Notice to CSC Received: March 16, 2009

Notice of Approval for AP Received: March 12, 2009

Notice of Approval for EAD Received: March 25, 2009

AOS approved! (via email): April 21, 2009

ROC

ROC I-175 (with divorce waiver) sent: Sept 9, 2010

NOA1 received in mail: Sept 23, 2010

NOA1 receipt date: Sept 14, 2010

Biometrics Appointment: November 17th, 2010 (request for reschedule sent 5th November)

Hi everyone

We recently received our NOA2 approval and Joe is finalising the 1-134 form and evidence. He recently retired from his job, he has a military disability pension and a retirement pension that, after tax, comes in at just over the 125% requirement, plus he has about $150000 savings. We feel this should cover the requirements, but he had asked his son to act as a co-sponsor just in case his retirement is seen as an issue. However, his son is really busy and while his income is high, it is difficult for him gather all the info for the questions regarding other assets. Firstly, do you think we even need another sponsor and secondly, can his son just put in income/tax details/letter from employer etc and not declare assets - and if so, what would he answer where it asks for details of these on the I-134 form? Should he leave them blank, because putting NONE would not be accurate...I have searched the forums and it seems that questions about sponsorship are consulate specific, so I'm hoping that someone from the Aussie contingent can help with this!

Son can put just tax transcripts or ITRs, employment letter and W2s. No need assets if he earns enough to quailify. Put N/A instead of NONE.

Would be better if pops qualified on his own without sons help. Have son for a standby in case required!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi everyone

Son can put just tax transcripts or ITRs, employment letter and W2s. No need assets if he earns enough to quailify. Put N/A instead of NONE.

Would be better if pops qualified on his own without sons help. Have son for a standby in case required!

Thanks for your response and advice- my feeling is to just submit Joe's Affadavit - do you think it will be a problem that he has retired and no longer employed? And, if his Affadavit isn't adequate, would the consulate let me know before the interview or would this just hold up the process at the interview stage? Perhaps I could put a note in with Packet 3 stating that we have a co-sponsor if needed?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Sydney. Australia

I-129F Sent : April 5,2008

I-129F NOA1 : April 11, 2008

I-129F RFE received: July 25, 2008

I-129F RFE response sent: July 26, 2008

I-129F touched - response received USCIS/process resumed: July 30, 2008

I-129F approved- notice sent via email: August 13, 2008

NOA2 hard copy received - August 18, 2008

NVC left - August 22, 2008

Consulate received - August 24, 2008

Packet 3 received - August 28, 2008

Medical - Sept 4, 2008

Sent Packet 3 - Sept 10, 2008

Received Packet 4 - Sept 16, 2008

Interview - Sept 30, 2008 - Visa approved!

Visa received - Oct 3, 2008

Travel to US - Nov 8, 2008

Married - Nov 26, 2008

Applied for SSN: Dec 2, 2008

AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Package sent: Jan 2, 2009

NOA for AOS, AP & EAD received: Jan 10, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received: Feb 22, 2009

Biometrics Letter Received (another one??): March 5, 2009

Biometrics Appointment 2PM: March 14, 2009

Case Transfer Notice to CSC Received: March 16, 2009

Notice of Approval for AP Received: March 12, 2009

Notice of Approval for EAD Received: March 25, 2009

AOS approved! (via email): April 21, 2009

ROC

ROC I-175 (with divorce waiver) sent: Sept 9, 2010

NOA1 received in mail: Sept 23, 2010

NOA1 receipt date: Sept 14, 2010

Biometrics Appointment: November 17th, 2010 (request for reschedule sent 5th November)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

read the I134 carefully. I think its your gross income that matters. and not your net. if thats the case, he will qualify on income alone. otherwise his savings will surely be sufficent. he would need to have savings or assets totaling a value of 5 times the amount of the difference of what his income is and the 125%of poverty level is for his situation. therefore if he was $5,000.00 shy of the requirments. $5,000.00 x 5 = $ 25,000.00 in assets. if this was for k3 I believe it would be 3 times the amout. I have not gone this far yet so be sure to check what I have wrote...

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Hi everyone

Is it necessary to have the co-sponsor include W2's if they are already including 3 years of simply tax transcripts, a letter from the employer, pay stubs, and banking info for the recent year?

Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone

Is it necessary to have the co-sponsor include W2's if they are already including 3 years of simply tax transcripts, a letter from the employer, pay stubs, and banking info for the recent year?

A tax transcript contains all relevant information from your W2's, 1040, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.