89 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
That's a slight exaggeration, but there are essentially no ways for a male in Indiana to get any kind of "assistance" unless they are disabled on the job. Ergo, what would you even have to pay back, if the government actually made people pay it back?

Well, then, to answer your question - why NOT pull the green card? Whether he entered the country fully INTENDING to marry someone while screwing around, or looked at his surroundings and realized he could get a "better deal" than what he'd originally intended, the point is - he's pretty much abandoned the only reason he was here. "Obligations to USCIS" be damned - it's obvious he likely wouldn't even qualify for any benefits, so really, what's the issue?

If the conditions are removed, then yeah, I can see why there's nothing to be done. But if there IS a way that the process can be halted so that he won't benefit from a green card, I can't see why she shouldn't do that. She rearranged her entire life, spent all her money, and now this jacka$$ is screwing around on her like she doesn't even exist. Let HIM endure some hardship now - go restart your life where you came from, if that's how much you're going to value someone who made so many sacrifices for you. It's absolutely no less than he deserves. If it were me, it would most certainly be revenge, and I wouldn't have one problem admitting it. NO one would f*@# with me that way and get away with it.

So to clarify, there is the initial AOS process after the spouse is entered into US (assuming on K1 visa). But this is a conditional one only. In about 2 years time the USC spouse has to apply for "Removal of Conditions" so the permanent GC can be issued. The key is timing. As long as the permanent GC has not been issued, I believe the USC can ask to terminate the process and get out of the financial responsibility come with the Affidavit of Support.

:no: The affidavit of support can be withdrawn prior to the conditional GC being issued. Once the conditional card is issued, the I-864 is binding until the sponsored immigrant becomes a U.S. citizen, can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters of work in the United States, ceases to be a lawful permanent resident and departs the U.S., or dies.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

ahh every time they find you , get a new job. dont sweat it, its just money. make the play boy do house work and other special favors to repay his dicgraceful debt to you

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why is it that when a relationship involving a visa doesn't work out, the USC seems to ALWAYS want to yank the Green Card away from the other person?

Don't get me wrong.... he's obviously a chopf##k and you should probably teach him a lesson with some common household items - like a dull knife, vinegar, drain cleaner, and jumper cables - but why does everyone want to take the green card away? Is it revenge?

Sometimes you need to deport those people taking advantage of the USC...they swear they love you but actually they love to get here in the US!!!

Edited by ArtGirl

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Generalizations (like stereotypes) are often wrong.

USC can be the person who proclaims love and USC can be the person who takes advantage of the non-USC. In fact, does this mean that those who proclaim love are also the ones ready to take advantage of you? :whistle:

Remember, that not all non-USCs are poor uneducated people dying to get out of the 3rd world country. Look at Canada. Are they dying to move to the US?

Didn't think so.

Why is it that when a relationship involving a visa doesn't work out, the USC seems to ALWAYS want to yank the Green Card away from the other person?

Don't get me wrong.... he's obviously a chopf##k and you should probably teach him a lesson with some common household items - like a dull knife, vinegar, drain cleaner, and jumper cables - but why does everyone want to take the green card away? Is it revenge?

Sometimes you need to deport those people taking advantage of the USC...they swear they love you but actually they love to get here in the US!!!

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:no: The affidavit of support can be withdrawn prior to the conditional GC being issued. Once the conditional card is issued, the I-864 is binding until the sponsored immigrant becomes a U.S. citizen, can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters of work in the United States, ceases to be a lawful permanent resident and departs the U.S., or dies.

n/m

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Please provide the basis of this theory that the I-864 is not binding and can be withdrawn up until conditions have been removed... curious minds want to know..

That's not what she said. She said the I-864 can be withdrawn prior to the issuance of the *conditional* PR status, which is accurate AFAIK.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Generalizations (like stereotypes) are often wrong.

USC can be the person who proclaims love and USC can be the person who takes advantage of the non-USC. In fact, does this mean that those who proclaim love are also the ones ready to take advantage of you? :whistle:

Remember, that not all non-USCs are poor uneducated people dying to get out of the 3rd world country. Look at Canada. Are they dying to move to the US?

Didn't think so.

However, the Permanent Residency Awarded to the non-USC is based on Marriage to a USC or PR. If that marriage does not hold up (the reason why there is the Conditional 2 year card) then the intending immigrant doesn't have the basis for Permanent Residency anymore (exceptions are made for abuse and other extenuating circumstances).

None of this red tape and conditional status, etc that we all have to go through would be necessary if there were not SO MANY people fraudulently taking advantage of this avenue to US residency/citizenship. Those who do attempt this, should not be rewarded with a GC once they are found out.

Further it only makes sense to try and protect oneself, by withdrawing the petitions/affadavits (where possible), to keep from being forced to support someone who used you only to gain status in the US.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She should take his visa away, make sure he doesnt get a GC and get him deported! The reason why he is here with the visa and able to apply for GC is because the US govt is letting him be with his wife... not wife? no need to be here! that's obvious... I know it sounds mean, but is so true. My husband is a us citizen and I'm applying to a GC bc of HIM! if I wasnt married to him, i can either find a way to stay in the US like work related or go home!

It makes me very upset to know about people who marry US citizens just to be able to get a GC... and it makes me upset bc that was not the reason I married my husband, it was bc I love him... and bc of those people we all get categorized as "he/she is just getting married to get a GC"

Edited by Paul&Adri

08/15/04 - Came to US with a student visa (F1)

10/15/05 - Met Hubby at school.

08/11/07 - Got Married!!!

10/04/07 - Applied for I-130 (I wasn't well informed, so we didn't send I765,I131 or I485!!!)

04/22/08 - Sent I-485, I-765, I-131

05/14/08 - Biometrics Appointment

07/01/08 - Received AP Documents

07/07/08 - Received EAD card

08/14/08 - Received Approval for I-130

10/27/08 - AOS interview in Atlanta

11/28/08 - Received letter from USCIS. You're Aproved.. Card production Ordered!

12/04/08 - Received welcome letter, NOA2

12/11/08 - Received GC on the mail

I'm very happy!!! Hubby and I are going to visit my family for Christmas!!! YAAAY!

tammy sue faye :angry:

my heart goes out to you.

THAT IS BRUTAL and I would do everything in your power to send him back from the hole he came from

after all you have done, and I just read your other thread about financially supporting him all this time

now i come to this thread

oh my god...he is the true reason why immigration scrutinizes this and makes us all wait

that and the freakin terrorists!

so sorry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As I said, generalizations are often wrong.

AND There is provision for good faith marriage that had fallen apart. It is there for a reason.

It is perfectly understandable when USCs want to pack their spouses and send them back as returned items.

Because they are afraid and it is safer that way.

It is wrong though. Aliens are also people you know. And it hurts when you lose your spouse and then you have to prove you are not a fraud (and you were not) and then it turns out that all you sacrificed for a move to be with the person you loved - oh, those sacrafices were in vain and don't matter. Move again. Go back, we don't want you here, you were only a sex toy. Used and returned.

Only USCs sacrifices and feelings matter, right?

:wacko:

Sooo... those matters should be judged case by case, wouldn't you agree?

She should take his visa away, make sure he doesnt get a GC and get him deported! The reason why he is here with the visa and able to apply for GC is because the US govt is letting him be with his wife... not wife? no need to be here! that's obvious... I know it sounds mean, but is so true. My husband is a us citizen and I'm applying to a GC bc of HIM! if I wasnt married to him, i can either find a way to stay in the US like work related or go home!

It makes me very upset to know about people who marry US citizens just to be able to get a GC... and it makes me upset bc that was not the reason I married my husband, it was bc I love him... and bc of those people we all get categorized as "he/she is just getting married to get a GC"

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well, why should the guy have ANY benefits at all iif he is a chopf!ck? And that is not just for non USC husbands/wives but for any husband/wife who does this?

If my husband did this, I would not only send the proof (yes including the web cam stuff with his naked dingaling rubbing against the computer screen, EWWWW) to ICE, USCIS, I'll send it to his family back home so they can see the dirtbag they raised, I'll send it to people in his country so he won't have a chance to get married again to any respectful woman over there.

But don't think that I would not be so spiteful regarding this if my husband was an American because I would not be.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Divorce! and after a little meeting with one of USCIS officers, showing him your husband's infidelity evidences, your husband will be Deported! fellows at USCIS will be more than happy to do that for you. but if you Love him.. so that's something else!

Edited by MaxOnline

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

what was the spyware you installed? may be useful for others (i.e. me)

Thanks

4/28/06 sent I-129 package to NSC

5/1/06 NOA1

6/10/06 case transferred from NSC to CSC

7/3/06 rec'd IMBRA

7/11/06 touched - IMBRA rec'd by CSC

9/1/06 touched - email NOA2 - approved!

9/21/06 NVC letter stating package sent to Caracas

10/5/06 & 10/14/06 DHL website confirms CCS rec'd packages (hopefully one of them was mine)

12/10/06 Interview - passed

1/5/07 arrival to US

1/27/07 marriage

putting together AOS package - confused about medical - translated personal immunization record myself, went to ACS, paid fee, got documents in a sealed envelope "DO NOT OPEN"

3/26/07 mailed AOS & EAD to PO BOX

3/28/07 delivered

4/23/07 Biometrics

Oh boy, old thread but whewee... That's just one of the things my ex did to me. And I am the "foreigner" lol :P

I totally considered it cheating even though he said he didn't. Course, that was just to protect his own ego...lol. He would frequent a site called ImLive and pay for it when he couldn't get it for free! He never paid any bills, save the DirecTV (because of the football package...heh..priorities ey?) so I paid them all. Oh, he did other things too but ha - the constant denial and then the pictures I would find... It all came to a head when I realized he was starting to be unfaithful (unless I missed something before, which is totally possible actually) "IRL" with an 18 year old barmaid. No clue how that went for him, since he obviously preferred doing the deed by himself. Funny!

Luckily nowadays I am with a lovely, lovely guy, Harry, who is the polar opposite and my rock and my love :D The course of true love never did run smooth I suppose. :)

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.