• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Do you find M&M’s annoyingly lowbrow? You’re in luck! Mars has launched a posh line of M&M’s called M&M’s Premiums that they hope will “attract a young, fashion-conscious consumer to the product,” the New York Times reports. The candies will even make an appearance at New York Fashion Week in September. These novel M&M’s bear scant resemblance to the originals. They are made from an entirely different chocolate recipe and sport a speckled metallic skin instead of the famous uniform-colored M&M candy shell. That means there’s no crunch, just an exterior sheen.

http://wtfurls.com/world-news/655/the-new-mms?commented=1

ugh they look nasty :wacko::blink:

518.jpg

Metallic glaze...?

A party size packet of that would probably set off the metal detectors in airports.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

smarties are the canadian hippy version of m&m's

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

my favorite chocolate ever is brazilian nut covered with chocolate, yum. 01157738801201.jpg

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
smarties are the canadian hippy version of m&m's

Smarties have been around longer then M&M's :P

Rowntree's of York, England have been making "Chocolate Beans" since at least 1882. The product was renamed "Smarties Chocolate Beans" in 1937. Rowntree's were forced to drop the words "chocolate beans" in 1977 due to trading standards requirements (the use of the word "beans" was felt to be misleading) and so adopted the tagline "Milk Chocolate in a Crisp Sugar Shell".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_(Nestl%C3%A9)

In 1941, the original milk chocolate variety of M&M's were first introduced to American soldiers serving in World War II.

In 1954, Peanut Chocolate Candies were introduced, while the M&M's brand characters and the famous slogan "The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand" were both trademarked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M&M%27s

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
my favorite chocolate ever is brazilian nut covered with chocolate, yum. 01157738801201.jpg

We have those in almond :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Love M&M's.... :pop: But I do love Patchi from UAE.. So delicious.. :P

Edited by CaNdiD wiTcH

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thes looks the same like cadbury's nutties.......absolutely love them :)

Now I want chocolates :crying:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

In the name of science I picked up a pack of the Premiums Mint Chocolate - what a girl will suffer thru for the greater good :D

Full disclosure - many moons ago I interned in M&Ms R&D labs and know the time and energy and testing that go into new products.

First things first $4 for 6 oz. :huh:

240 cals for 1.5 oz - about 1/4 cup - hmmm

Packaging: nice box - trying to look upscale, graphics are a little cheesy though - a mix of retro swirls and cartoony choc curls and mint leaves

It's a bag in box set up - from an environmental stand point a complete waste of packaging but maybe their idea of luxury it being wasteful.

The candies look like regular M&Ms in shape - slightly bigger in overall dimensions. The mint are a mix of a metallic green and black. They still have the trade mark white "m".

Now here's where it just interesting...the shell is NOTHING like a regular M&M. Very thin, no crunch or resistance - just a smooth color coat. Next is a layer of semisweet chocolate, middle is a white chocolate center. The mint isn't too stong and is slightly heavier in peppermint [there are a ton of mints out there - this is totally on the peppermint spectrum but seems to be a blend]...

The chocolate is very smooth and rich, it has a very creamy texture. They do taste more like a crafted chocolate than a cheap/waxy grocery store kind of chocolate.

In my opinion - not worth the $4. On sale for $2-ish? Yeah maybe worth it. The other flavors may have redeeming qualities...

If on sale I may give them try -

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Marilyn: i went and bought the new dark chocolate Rockin nutroad snickers :blush:

In the name of science I picked up a pack of the Premiums Mint Chocolate - what a girl will suffer thru for the greater good :D

Full disclosure - many moons ago I interned in M&Ms R&D labs and know the time and energy and testing that go into new products.

First things first $4 for 6 oz. :huh:

240 cals for 1.5 oz - about 1/4 cup - hmmm

Packaging: nice box - trying to look upscale, graphics are a little cheesy though - a mix of retro swirls and cartoony choc curls and mint leaves

It's a bag in box set up - from an environmental stand point a complete waste of packaging but maybe their idea of luxury it being wasteful.

The candies look like regular M&Ms in shape - slightly bigger in overall dimensions. The mint are a mix of a metallic green and black. They still have the trade mark white "m".

Now here's where it just interesting...the shell is NOTHING like a regular M&M. Very thin, no crunch or resistance - just a smooth color coat. Next is a layer of semisweet chocolate, middle is a white chocolate center. The mint isn't too stong and is slightly heavier in peppermint [there are a ton of mints out there - this is totally on the peppermint spectrum but seems to be a blend]...

The chocolate is very smooth and rich, it has a very creamy texture. They do taste more like a crafted chocolate than a cheap/waxy grocery store kind of chocolate.

In my opinion - not worth the $4. On sale for $2-ish? Yeah maybe worth it. The other flavors may have redeeming qualities...

If on sale I may give them try -

i agree, i wanted to try them until i saw the price, and we all know, if its a bag in a box thing, the bag is smaller than the normal bagged m&ms

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!