natty bumppo

Roomfulll of hearts ... Part xxx

2,973 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ummmm, something like that.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Ummmm, something like that.

Lol that is so true. Hey Brad, there are indeed similarities! My husband has a master's in Commerce/Management and now going for a second degree in accounting. Vika should have no problem in ESL, she will breeze through it. My husband is pretty good too but has problems in the essay sections ugh I tried very hard to teach him but something I learned from elementary school to H.S to university cannot be taught in a few months at home - so we finally had had enough of the arguments and just said ok get to ESL and do it this summer along with work.

Jabree - I know you mean. At some point its like why not earn as much money as you can...so the 12 hr days kick in. But he is pretty much in a good position, right? At least he didn't have to start at the low position jobs most foreign MENA guys have to start at.

Jabree I am so relieve he is here...you how how badly those 13 months went. BTW I am feeling a bit sad and anxious at the same time. I prayed and feel better but still, there is something missing. Do you get that feeling sometimes?

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Lol that is so true. Hey Brad, there are indeed similarities! My husband has a master's in Commerce/Management and now going for a second degree in accounting. Vika should have no problem in ESL, she will breeze through it. My husband is pretty good too but has problems in the essay sections ugh I tried very hard to teach him but something I learned from elementary school to H.S to university cannot be taught in a few months at home - so we finally had had enough of the arguments and just said ok get to ESL and do it this summer along with work.

Tam

I guess I never thought about it that way. Never had enough teaching ability to attempt it at home, and luckily her friends all take classes - so it wasn't a tough sell. Tough parting with the tuition money though :yes:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Yea...$450 for one class at the cheapest place. Financial aid only helps when enrolling entirely for a degree but at the community college there is no way to lower the cost.

Have you done the ECE for Vika? Does she have a U.S equivilent Accounting degree? In that case, she can easily get a job here once she completes the ESL.

Naggi how are you doing? I miss you.

Tammy

Yea...$450 for one class at the cheapest place. Financial aid only helps when enrolling entirely for a degree but at the community college there is no way to lower the cost.

Have you done the ECE for Vika? Does she have a U.S equivilent Accounting degree? In that case, she can easily get a job here once she completes the ESL.

Naggi how are you doing? I miss you.

Tammy

If ECE is the evaluation of transcripts, etc. then no. We have to get hers translated - MIL is working on it. She hated the accounting fiel in Ukraine (but seemed to love the social aspect of working in an office - go figure). The ESL cost is about $400 per class here.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Yes, I do get those feelings, Tammy. You just can't quite put your finger on it, but I want to believe that we are missing a part of ourselves, the way it used to be when all we knew was ourselves. Now we are in a different season....such is life!

My dog is still hanging on. This morning my husband b##ched and moaned about the smell in the house. I don't think he has any sympathy for animals.....especially the dying ones. I wonder .... is the dog supposed to smell like roses??

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

No one wants to be around at th worst moments, only the ones where everything is superficial, beautiful, youthful, and prosperous. Some people in this world can murder without a thought, other feel bad killing a bug, such is life as you say.

Just enrolled for the ESL, starting next week I am glad he will get into something now besides thinking about work all day. He's like I've been outta school for 5 years I can't do this...and I give him the look. Its like a deja vu kinda thing, I think I went through this you-gotta-stop-worrying-about-when-your-gonna-finish argument about 3 million times. A foreign degree doesn't do much here unless you are fluent for most people. I have see many doctors from India driving taxis, my husband is no doc ro engineer, Commerce/Accounting guy with management. Can't do much with that without being fluent. Working on it with ESL.

So Nagi you talked to the pet funeral place already? Thats good.

Answer my PM please.

Tammy

Just enrolled for the ESL, starting next week I am glad he will get into something now besides thinking about work all day. He's like I've been outta school for 5 years I can't do this...and I give him the look. Its like a deja vu kinda thing, I think I went through this you-gotta-stop-worrying-about-when-your-gonna-finish argument about 3 million times. A foreign degree doesn't do much here unless you are fluent for most people. I have see many doctors from India driving taxis, my husband is no doc ro engineer, Commerce/Accounting guy with management. Can't do much with that without being fluent. Working on it with ESL.

Tammy

Vika was out of school for five years and working too. Nervous would be an understatement :lol: I walked her around her campus the other day, with my foot in this stupid surgical boot and all. Got her ID, found her classroom, bought books, etc. We made contact with her instructor because the advisor suggested it. I am going to try and get them both an a conference call at least to get Vika a jump on the first weeks classwork.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Yes, I did do a pre arranged. What that is is you call and give your credit card number, and they will not activate it until you bring in your pet. They have a nice chapel there, and you have to option of having your pet laid out while you pay your last respects ( Say you bring in your pet the day before). When you are finished, you simply knock on the door towards the back and the man comes and places your pet in the creamatory. You have the option of watching this or you can just go home. I watch, naturally. In about 6 hours, they call you and tell you if you wish to watch the remains come out, then they call you you can come on down to the place. If not, you can go there and just pick your pet ( remains ) up in their office. You can pick out an urn ahead of time or do it then.

http://www.aaapet.com/newsite.php?page=crematory&group=c

Edited by Nagishkaw

kodasmall3.jpg

Thats a good service for people who love their pets as their children as you do Nagi. How are you overall?

Brad how are you and Vika? Have a good weekend?

Tam

Thats a good service for people who love their pets as their children as you do Nagi. How are you overall?

Brad how are you and Vika? Have a good weekend?

Tam

Pretty good Tam - hope yours was. Back to the office today for me :( Fortunately my numbers are OK, so my time away wasn't an issue. Now things are so slow I am worried. Hopefully it is just the summer season. How did you spend your weekend?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I had two infections, antibiotics, anf fatigue as well as cold and muscle pains...I had planned a wonderful weekend of studying but didn't work out. I got a new interest in thai food so I learned to cook all the soups and rice dishes, and actually cooked some Thai soup which Peto loved. Other than that, I am looking to shadow some doctors for my resume and planning to make this day useful as last weekend was full of illnesses.

Where do you work Brad?

Edited by tammy2688

Timeline

Hello Tammy and Brad!

What kind of infections, Tammy?

kodasmall3.jpg