natty bumppo

Roomfulll of hearts ... Part xxx

2,973 posts in this topic

Thanks brni, I just don't get people sometimes. How can any one welcome their SO here if they disrespect everything about this country. Everyboby is entitled to their opinion but...

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with brni. Also sometimes it's good to take a break from VJ and the internet in general and get back to your own life until you need VJ again.

VJ is one of the most tolerant boards for posters. Even I finally lost it this summer with a few members of VJ and it takes a lot of harassment for me to get to that point. One don't take ppl so seriously on the internet it sometimes takes awhile to get to know peoples posting personalities, and two it's good to take a break and come back when things have blown over. If it starts bothering you again either ignore those posters or take another break till you feel better. There is a third option but I won't mention it because it means stooping to their level.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Hi every one!

I hope this finds you well. I have really enjoyed reading these heart posts. Some of the most caring and balanced I have seen here on VJ. Unfortunately, I have been spending time on some other forums too - those closest related to my SO. I am sorry to say, some of the posters there got to me, to such an extent that I lost my temper. Completely lost it. I am thinking about just retiring from VJ. Some of us have the temperment for this, some don't. Obviously if I have enough emotional investment to be offended by anything I see on the net, I should just quit it right? I am interested in the thoughts of this group particularly before I throw in the towel. I mean, I called a USC/America hater a retard, for God's sake, just for... well, it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Just stay away from threads that offend you and chose threads like this one where we have a big (L)

It is not worth getting upset over.....been there done that, have the T-shirt and sometimes wear the hat ;)

Life is short so remember you don't have to join every fight you are invited to :D

I myself spend too much time fussing around when I couldn't believe the nerve of some people but in time you just tune them out and settle into the threads that are positive.

Some people like to push buttons for the sheer joy of it and like standing on the frayed edge of your nerves that unravel.........

don't let it , ignore and enjoy this forum for what it was created for , support and encouragement with excellent advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thanks brni, I just don't get people sometimes. How can any one welcome their SO here if they disrespect everything about this country. Everyboby is entitled to their opinion but...

i have to bite my tongue too at times. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Brad, it was a similar time when Nagi, Olivia and I took some heat for the stupidest thing ever and trying to reconcile was ridiculus. Why bother you know...I sent you a pm letting you know not to let the negativity consume you.

I know Heart will be less full after Nagi is settled with her husband, Olivia and I go back to classes and after you get your Vika Brad, but right now we are all still here and will listen to you whenever you need it.

We love you here and appreciate you very much. Now lets let positive vibes win!

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Brad - I too have spoken up for USA bashers on this forum. The thing is, you should not bite the hand that feeds you - they can talk all they long but you drop them off to another country and they will neither be able to adjust or enjoy the things they did here. I have lived in other countries and went on vacation and loved it, but let me tell you, only experience shows you - home is home and though it may have its flaws, its one of the places on Earth where one can breathe. I don't have to say all that, the thousands applying every day to come here and how I feel on a day to day basis shows all that. The country is as good as its worst people - so again I hate it when the country is blamed and not the negative rascals that put a bad name on it.

Well you heard from us Brad, and clear consensus - we too are fighters against ignorance and we too have taken things to heart but why let anything take away from your enjoyment and passing time here. We all know after our loved ones come it is harder to give time here but while we are still here lets just enjoy it and bask in a place for friendship, and as Omoba said it beautifully, for excellent advice as well!

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Thanks every one, for the kind words and thoughts. I spent some time thinking over the good advice, and decided to just slow down and probably stop participating in some of the debates here. VJ is really the only web forum I post on regularly, and what started off as a quest for information has increasingly become an attempt to persuade others over to my point of view - or just to participate in spirited debates (or fun thread jacking). Looking at my post history, I see a definite trend away from the positive and towards the strident and nasty. It is a new situation for me, to enter a debate where a strong, coherent, persuasive point of view doesn't necessarily earn any points, and where it is just easier to cast insults out of frustration. It just isn't fun any more, or the novelty has worn off. I have however made some new friends - and been in contact with several VJers offline to share experience and support. Vika says VJ is a good source of information, but should not substitute for normal social networking. Maybe I am expecting too much from VJ. Tammy is spot on (and thanks for the PM too Tam) that things will change when Vika arrives. Until then - slow and thoughtful is the ticket.

Cheers,

Brad

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

some people come in to your life for a season or some for a reason...you just have to know the difference

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Brad, just know that here you are free to express yourself and you are loved by the posters here. We do not tolerate scrappin, like some other unmentionable forums. come here to share and say what's on your mind . we wont discriminate or make fun of you. Stay in HEART and earn one ! Like Sister 0 said, life is too short.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Brad and Vika ... relax, don't take it personally, and do use the censor button on the computer from time to time (On/Off Switch). Taking some time to enjoy life outside vj is good. heck I turned off the computer and discovered sunshine the other week ... wonder how long it's been out there? :blink:

Timeline

We' ll be singing in the sunshine.........laugh every day........

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

0h Natty! Our age is showing.

kodasmall3.jpg