natty bumppo

Roomfulll of hearts ... Part xxx

2,973 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

And I'd be happy if I never had to cook anything ever again.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey Bishop! I come back in 2 weeks :) I can't wait to get home! I'm missing my bed, my house, my car, my kitchen, cooking, etc. I'm so tired of going out to dinner.

Yep...I completely understand. As much as I have traveled, I do enjoy coming home...eventually :lol:...for the same reasons that you've listed, especially that last one, which is probably amplified for you!

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Timeline

Yep...I completely understand. As much as I have traveled, I do enjoy coming home...eventually :lol:...for the same reasons that you've listed, especially that last one, which is probably amplified for you!

Cooking is my outlet. The kitchen is my place to escape from life. I knead doughor whisk something to death to relieve frustration. I bake to make the house smell delicious. That's just what I do. I love standing around chopping and stirring while I listen to music and talk to people. I enjoy it even more when I'm alone. Having this tiny kitchen and going out to dinner all the time has really made me miss my big kitchen at home. I love going out to dinner, but doing it for 3 months straight is a bit too much.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Cooking is my outlet. The kitchen is my place to escape from life. I knead doughor whisk something to death to relieve frustration. I bake to make the house smell delicious. That's just what I do. I love standing around chopping and stirring while I listen to music and talk to people. I enjoy it even more when I'm alone. Having this tiny kitchen and going out to dinner all the time has really made me miss my big kitchen at home. I love going out to dinner, but doing it for 3 months straight is a bit too much.

Yep...you and my wife share alot of the same traits when it comes to being at ease in the kitchen and cooking and enjoying the entire experience. I'm sure your family will love to have you back home as well.

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

You picked a good wife. I'd love to meet her sometime!

The two of you would probably get along great, besides being chefs, she is also a water-only gal :thumbs:

Timeline

It is really cooking up outside. :help:

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
:no:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And I'd be happy if I never had to cook anything ever again.

It's hard to keep a svelte figure when eating out all the time though.

I like eating out, but as a treat, not all the time. I balance it, at home, with healthy stuff and never buy snacks etc. I walk past the gallon ice cream tubs very quickly - not that I could ever eat one of them. :dead:

It's hard to keep a svelte figure when eating out all the time though.

I like eating out, but as a treat, not all the time. I balance it, at home, with healthy stuff and never buy snacks etc. I walk past the gallon ice cream tubs very quickly - not that I could ever eat one of them. :dead:

YES IT IS! Luckily, all the walking seems to be cancelling out all the dinners out.

I don't buy sweet stuff, but I bake stuff all the time. As soon as it's done I pack it up and bring it to my friends. One of them says she loves "diet Amber" because she gets fresh baked stuff a few times a week :P

Edited by Amby

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

YES IT IS! Luckily, all the walking seems to be cancelling out all the dinners out.

I was really worried that I would put on weight during my holiday to Malta and London, especially as I was sans elliptical.

However, I came back weighing 7lbs less and pretty much everyone remarked upon it when they saw me. I actually didn't eat much at all, truth be told.

And I did get lots of exercise too, despite being elliptical-less!

I doubt I've lost weight. I was pretty much stuffed for the 2.5 days I was in Paris :lol: I don't know when my next 3 month vacation will happen so I'm eating my way across every city. I'm having pancakes, fries, stroopwafel, and vending machine fast food (only cos I've always said NO to it) in Amsterdam this week.