LindaB

Just received my "Welcome to the U.S." letter!

24 posts in this topic

That's strange, Linda, about what happened at the Bellingham SSN office. I went like 6 days after I arrived on my visa and I didn't say anything about the DS 230 because I knew they would just tell me to wait. My name couldn't have been on the computer yet, but they just had me fill out the form and show my passport. Then my card came 4 days later! Congrats on getting through some more of the major hurdles! Good luck on your road test, it will be a snap!

Congrats on the welcome letter :) I got my SSN exactly 9 days after I got the stamp in my passport. Weird. I probably got it rather quickly because I don't need it LOL I'm off to get a driver's licence and plates on the car on wednesday. I'm crossing my fingers for a pain free experience. I don't think I have to take a road test but lord help us all if I do LOL

Edited by jynxNdragnfly

jynx - Canadian Chick

dragnfly - American Dude

July-07-07 - Married in Las Vegas

August-07-08 - CR-1 Visa activated

July-17-10 - Approval notice in mail, Conditions removed

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope it comes to you soon Linda! Congratulations on the welcome. :thumbs:

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Congrats on the welcome letter :) I got my SSN exactly 9 days after I got the stamp in my passport. Weird. I probably got it rather quickly because I don't need it LOL I'm off to get a driver's licence and plates on the car on wednesday. I'm crossing my fingers for a pain free experience. I don't think I have to take a road test but lord help us all if I do LOL

Thats weird that you got your SSN so fast...I am probably one of the "misses" of the "hits and misses" with checking the box on the DS-230 because you would think that I would have been in the system by this past Friday when I went into the SSN office. Oh well, I will have to take my application down to the SSN office next time I am off early. Hopefully, you won't have to do the road test...I sure wish I didnt have to. The knowledge test was challenging enough. I have been driving for approx 28 years... all those years of bad habits...lol

Have you received your permanent resident card yet? I think you are just under two weeks behind me on POE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just received my "Welcome to the United States" letter in the mail (actually got two of them)! How long does it usually take to get your "Permanent Resident" card after you receive that letter?

I am off work tomorrow so heading to the SSN office to apply for my SSN card (even though I did check off the box on the DS-230 to apply for one)

that's wonderful.. congratulations :thumbs::dance:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Thats weird that you got your SSN so fast...I am probably one of the "misses" of the "hits and misses" with checking the box on the DS-230 because you would think that I would have been in the system by this past Friday when I went into the SSN office. Oh well, I will have to take my application down to the SSN office next time I am off early. Hopefully, you won't have to do the road test...I sure wish I didnt have to. The knowledge test was challenging enough. I have been driving for approx 28 years... all those years of bad habits...lol

Have you received your permanent resident card yet? I think you are just under two weeks behind me on POE.

No prc as of yet. Oh and no road test either. I called yesterday just cause I was worried about it. I just have to pass a vision test LOL

jynx - Canadian Chick

dragnfly - American Dude

July-07-07 - Married in Las Vegas

August-07-08 - CR-1 Visa activated

July-17-10 - Approval notice in mail, Conditions removed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No prc as of yet. Oh and no road test either. I called yesterday just cause I was worried about it. I just have to pass a vision test LOL

Lucky you!!! Glad they want to know if you can see.....lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Congrats

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes!!!

GC should arrive within 1 to 2 weeks!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.