tenderheartusa79

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Ok so in 30 mins. I'm supposed to be at this thing. Normally I would go with my Mom but my Mom isn't there and it's her friend that invited me while Mom is out of town. The parties are always nice but I just don't feel like going and socializing. I should get out but I don't want to. I'm tired.

I feel bad if I miss the party because this lady selects people so that they can connect for whatever interests they have. She kept telling my Mom to have me come. Now I feel obligated. I don't have anything nice to wear just my college kid clothes. I dunno.

Go for the bohemian college student appearance. Discuss your upcoming opportunities and past trips. Say you're tired and go. I am sure you know what to talk about that other people find interesting that you can more or less auto-pilot on. I remember doing things like that while waiting for him to come, or whenever I feel too tired, depressed, or whatever to really want to be talking to people. I had this function to go to when I was having my miscarriage and I remember just sort of talking about Jordan and excavating and linguistics while really I was just zoning out and counting the minutes until I could leave.

:D That's exactly what I did and now I am back ready to get in my pj's and crash. Socializing is exhausting and I didn't even do that much of it. I wasn't expecting this gathering to be that large. There were about 48 people at this party and it was catered and they had a bartender and a professional margarita machine. That was the fanciest I've seen it at their house. They have a really nice place up in the hills of Boise over looking the valley. It's always so nice going to their house for these events. All in all I stayed two hours tops.

Wow-- that sounds like a place I would not want to be lol... I would sooo love to climb into bed right now in my PJS!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Well well missy where have you been? We were all in a ruffle around here wondering 'bout you! Good to see you.

jJ

Had a very full plate. We moved out to West Texas to live with my folks for awhile because things were falling apart money-wise. I dont always get alot of internet time, so Im seriously slacking on my posting. I miss the pineapple peeps.

We've been here for about 6 weeks and its nice, but Ill be glad to have our own place again. Ahmed's EAD was approved at the beginning of July, but we still havent gotten the card. On top of that we got some ridiculous RFE on his AOS that was chock-full of errors:

Letter dated in March with a postmark in August on the envelope

Misspelled name

Wrong address

Request for I-864 that we already gave

Request for his criminal record from an arrest in Austin in 1992 (this is the stupidest one, he was 14 then and never even came to the US before 2007)

Request for more info on his sponsor, a Raymunda Something-Or-Other (definitely not my name, and Im his only sponsor)

Oh and it was cc'd to an attorney we've never heard of. In fact I couldnt even find that attorney on the net, and we didnt even use an atty for his AOS case. That is, until now.

The only thing they did get right was his A#. So allllllll that garbage is being associated with his A#. As you can imagine, we've had our hands full with that. Just one more ridiculous twist in our AOS mess. Now I know why I removed all that timeline mess from my siggy. Its depressing to see how many mistakes we've fallen victim to.

Anywho, enjoy the thread I started for baby pics. Doodle said everyone was suffering from butterball withdrawl, so I figured Id better act quickly before someone started frothing at the mouth.

That all blows! I hope things get sorted out soon. I remember as I started on VJ hearing about someone who received another person's GC in the mail with theirs. That pretty much set my level of confidence in the process.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.