mrs. hooks32

nvc recived my ds230 packet

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

They can take upto 2-4 weeks to send it out but if you print it and send it out by saturday before the post office is closed you will be able to get it in by Monday and they will complete by the very latest on Friday. Good luck and keep us updated.

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

The RFE coversheet

When NVC reviews the I-864 Affidavit of Support or the DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, the person reviewing may decide you need to make a correction to the form or provide additional information. If this happens, NVC will send you what they call a "checklist" of the changes and/or additional information needed, along with a barcode coversheet to use to return this information to NVC for re-review. As soon as this happens, the IVR will indicate it, and you should speak with an operator to determine exactly what information is needed (make sure you find out everything!). In some cases, you may not be absolutely sure what was wrong or how to fix the problem, and if so, do not use this shortcut, but instead wait to receive the actual notice from NVC describing in detail what needs to be done. However, if you are sure you know what NVC needs you to do, and you've double-checked this completely with the operator, then you can use this shortcut instead to re-submit the DS-230, I-864 and/or I-864A form or supply additional supporting documentation before actually receiving the notice from NVC.

Note, during I-864 Affidavit of Support review, it is common when using the James' shortcuts for an RFE to be announced at its conclusion for a missing Form DS-230, because NVC is still processing or just processed the IV fee bill and has not yet requested the DS-230, and if this is all that happened, the RFE is harmless and you should not send an RFE reply (that said, however, do not automatically assume this is what the RFE announcement is for, still check with an operator, because it could be a real I-864 RFE also). The operator will be able to tell you exactly what was wrong and what they want you to do. If a form needs to be corrected, it will be unstapled and detached from the supporting documentation and sent back to you alone (if you are using this shortcut in that case, you will be sending in a new copy of the form instead, and NVC will not have the "Received CMR" date stamped on the original submission anymore, if that matters to you).

First, you will need the RFE coversheet as a MS-Word file, which is attached at the bottom of this post. This same cover sheet can be used for responding to both I-864 and DS-230 RFE's. The coversheet file has two pages, both of which must be returned to NVC. Note, the coversheet file also contains embedded comment text on the fields that need to be changed with your specific case information, but if you do not see the comments when you open the document, select View | Comments or View | Markup in Microsoft Word to make them visible (similarly, before making a final printout of the filled out coversheet, be sure to hide the comments by re-selecting that same menu item).

Page 1: Change the BGT1234567890 in the table at the bottom to your case number, enter the "Received Date" shown on both USCIS NOA1 and NOA2 as the Priority Date, and replace the names and addresses as appropriate with ALL CAPS. Remember to use the Agent's name & address at the very top, remove country if USA, enter the addressee's name for the DEAR clause, and specify the Beneficiary's name at the bottom. Change CR1 to IR1 if appropriate. Then go to View | Header & Footer on the menu, click on FOOTER, and replace the date with the date NVC announced the RFE on the IVR, and also replace the case number there too. Change the date at the top of the letter to the date announced on the IVR also.

Finally, you need to generate the barcode at the top of Page 1 for your case number by using http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html. To generate the barcode and put it in at the top of page 1 of the sample coversheet, type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.07 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.7. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Paste the image into a graphics editing program such as IrfanView (either by selecting Paste under the Edit menu or hitting Ctrl + V on the keyboard) and crop out the gray text "Powered by IDAutomation.com (i.e., draw a box around the barcode only and, e.g., in IrfanView, select Crop selection under the Edit menu). Copy the image from the graphics program either by selecting Copy under the Edit Menu or by hitting Ctrl+C on the keyboard. Then go to the MS Word copy of the RFE coversheet and left click on the old barcode that's already at the top, to the left of the words "CHECKLIST." Hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). The barcode may be underlined -- left click on it again and then de-select the "U" underline button in the MS Word Toolbar. You then need to further adjust the size of the barcode by double-clicking on it. Select the "Size" tab in the box that pops up. De-select "Lock Aspect ratio" if it is selected and change the height to 0.26" and the width to 2.13". Click on OK.

Page 2: Now, go to page 2. Enter the case number, beneficiary's name, and change the visa category if necessary. To generate the barcode to put onto page 2, go back to http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html. Type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.05 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.6. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Paste the image into a graphics editing program such as IrfanView (either by selecting Paste under the Edit menu or hitting Ctrl + V on the keyboard) and crop out the gray text "Powered by IDAutomation.com (i.e., draw a box around the barcode only and, e.g., in IrfanView, select Crop selection under the Edit menu). Copy the image from the graphics program either by selecting Copy under the Edit Menu or by hitting Ctrl+C on the keyboard. Then go to the MS Word copy of the RFE coversheet, select the old barcode that's already there and hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). You need to further adjust the size of the barcode by right-clicking on it and clicking on "Format Picture," clicking on the "Size" tab, de-selecting "Lock aspect ratio," leave the height alone but change the width to 2.5" and click on "OK."

As always, remember to write your case number on the top right of any forms or documents you send to NVC. Also, be sure to turn off comment display in MS-Word before printing. Mail both the RFE coversheet and barcode pages to NVC at the address shown on the barcode sheet, with the corrected form(s) and/or any additional documents that NVC requested. Finally, it cannot be reiterated enough, "If you are going to use the RFE shortcut, you will have to be very very specific with the NVC operator to give you ALL of the information they are going to request. I actually was and they still didn't mention everything - so proceed with caution." Speak with more than one operator on separate calls if you can, as you most certainly want to avoid getting another RFE from NVC because of an incomplete RFE response when using this shortcut.

DISCLAIMER: None of this is legal advice, and you may only use this shortcut at your own sole risk!

The attached document comes without warranty of any kind!

Edited by Yiyi and Chris

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1234670

this guy read somewhere (i am trying to find where) that the i864 has another barcode... it's not like the ds230, with the ds230 you can print the barcode with the i864 you cant

no what i mean my ds230 is on review status..i just want the RFE of my I-864 will be completed.. we paid online and we print the barcode online too..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
The RFE coversheet

When NVC reviews the I-864 Affidavit of Support or the DS-230 Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, the person reviewing may decide you need to make a correction to the form or provide additional information. If this happens, NVC will send you what they call a "checklist" of the changes and/or additional information needed, along with a barcode coversheet to use to return this information to NVC for re-review. As soon as this happens, the IVR will indicate it, and you should speak with an operator to determine exactly what information is needed (make sure you find out everything!). In some cases, you may not be absolutely sure what was wrong or how to fix the problem, and if so, do not use this shortcut, but instead wait to receive the actual notice from NVC describing in detail what needs to be done. However, if you are sure you know what NVC needs you to do, and you've double-checked this completely with the operator, then you can use this shortcut instead to re-submit the DS-230, I-864 and/or I-864A form or supply additional supporting documentation before actually receiving the notice from NVC.

Note, during I-864 Affidavit of Support review, it is common when using the James' shortcuts for an RFE to be announced at its conclusion for a missing Form DS-230, because NVC is still processing or just processed the IV fee bill and has not yet requested the DS-230, and if this is all that happened, the RFE is harmless and you should not send an RFE reply (that said, however, do not automatically assume this is what the RFE announcement is for, still check with an operator, because it could be a real I-864 RFE also). The operator will be able to tell you exactly what was wrong and what they want you to do. If a form needs to be corrected, it will be unstapled and detached from the supporting documentation and sent back to you alone (if you are using this shortcut in that case, you will be sending in a new copy of the form instead, and NVC will not have the "Received CMR" date stamped on the original submission anymore, if that matters to you).

First, you will need the RFE coversheet as a MS-Word file, which is attached at the bottom of this post. This same cover sheet can be used for responding to both I-864 and DS-230 RFE's. The coversheet file has two pages, both of which must be returned to NVC. Note, the coversheet file also contains embedded comment text on the fields that need to be changed with your specific case information, but if you do not see the comments when you open the document, select View | Comments or View | Markup in Microsoft Word to make them visible (similarly, before making a final printout of the filled out coversheet, be sure to hide the comments by re-selecting that same menu item).

Page 1: Change the BGT1234567890 in the table at the bottom to your case number, enter the "Received Date" shown on both USCIS NOA1 and NOA2 as the Priority Date, and replace the names and addresses as appropriate with ALL CAPS. Remember to use the Agent's name & address at the very top, remove country if USA, enter the addressee's name for the DEAR clause, and specify the Beneficiary's name at the bottom. Change CR1 to IR1 if appropriate. Then go to View | Header & Footer on the menu, click on FOOTER, and replace the date with the date NVC announced the RFE on the IVR, and also replace the case number there too. Change the date at the top of the letter to the date announced on the IVR also.

Finally, you need to generate the barcode at the top of Page 1 for your case number by using http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html. To generate the barcode and put it in at the top of page 1 of the sample coversheet, type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.07 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.7. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Paste the image into a graphics editing program such as IrfanView (either by selecting Paste under the Edit menu or hitting Ctrl + V on the keyboard) and crop out the gray text "Powered by IDAutomation.com (i.e., draw a box around the barcode only and, e.g., in IrfanView, select Crop selection under the Edit menu). Copy the image from the graphics program either by selecting Copy under the Edit Menu or by hitting Ctrl+C on the keyboard. Then go to the MS Word copy of the RFE coversheet and left click on the old barcode that's already at the top, to the left of the words "CHECKLIST." Hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). The barcode may be underlined -- left click on it again and then de-select the "U" underline button in the MS Word Toolbar. You then need to further adjust the size of the barcode by double-clicking on it. Select the "Size" tab in the box that pops up. De-select "Lock Aspect ratio" if it is selected and change the height to 0.26" and the width to 2.13". Click on OK.

Page 2: Now, go to page 2. Enter the case number, beneficiary's name, and change the visa category if necessary. To generate the barcode to put onto page 2, go back to http://www.idautomation.com/java/linearservlet.html. Type in the case number under "Data to encode." Under "Barcode symbology," select CODE 39. Select "No" for the "Add check digit," "Add check digit to text," and "Show text below barcode" options. Change the "X dimension" (bar width) to 0.05 and the "Barcode bar height" to 0.6. Click on "Create Barcode."

In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Paste the image into a graphics editing program such as IrfanView (either by selecting Paste under the Edit menu or hitting Ctrl + V on the keyboard) and crop out the gray text "Powered by IDAutomation.com (i.e., draw a box around the barcode only and, e.g., in IrfanView, select Crop selection under the Edit menu). Copy the image from the graphics program either by selecting Copy under the Edit Menu or by hitting Ctrl+C on the keyboard. Then go to the MS Word copy of the RFE coversheet, select the old barcode that's already there and hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). You need to further adjust the size of the barcode by right-clicking on it and clicking on "Format Picture," clicking on the "Size" tab, de-selecting "Lock aspect ratio," leave the height alone but change the width to 2.5" and click on "OK."

As always, remember to write your case number on the top right of any forms or documents you send to NVC. Also, be sure to turn off comment display in MS-Word before printing. Mail both the RFE coversheet and barcode pages to NVC at the address shown on the barcode sheet, with the corrected form(s) and/or any additional documents that NVC requested. Finally, it cannot be reiterated enough, "If you are going to use the RFE shortcut, you will have to be very very specific with the NVC operator to give you ALL of the information they are going to request. I actually was and they still didn't mention everything - so proceed with caution." Speak with more than one operator on separate calls if you can, as you most certainly want to avoid getting another RFE from NVC because of an incomplete RFE response when using this shortcut.

DISCLAIMER: None of this is legal advice, and you may only use this shortcut at your own sole risk!

The attached document comes without warranty of any kind!

That is good info but they can still use a reprint of the barcode because they sent a checklist to my husband but by the time he received it I already sent out the print out from online payment system and they accepted it.

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

in simple words.. yup.. you are ok to send your package with the printed bardcoded cover sheet!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

in simple words.. yup.. you are ok to send your package with the printed bardcoded cover sheet!

thanks guys for the info... that really relived me..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
just want everybody know that my ds230 package was already recive by the nvc..i wish they review it fast so they can send it to the local embassy here in manila...well how long they will review it???thanks to everyone. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

looks like we both in the same spot....good luck 2 u..

Married 2/14/2008

Back to U.S from India: 3/30/2008

I 130 Sent (normal mail) 3/31/2008

NOA1 4/08/2008

Touched 4/11/2008

Touched 6/10/2008

Touched 6/18/2008

Touched 7/08/2008

Approved 7/08/2008

Touched 7/09/2008

NOA2 IN HAND 7/14/2008

NVC Received : 7/17/2008

Emailed DS-3032: 7/18/2008

IIN # : 7/18/2008

Email DS3032: 7/18/2008 (no auto email again)

Email DS3032: 7/19/2008 ( auto email this time)

Paid online AOS fee: 7/21/2008

AOS fee and DS-3032 generated: 7/22/2008

NVC accepted the AOS fee bill: 7/25/2008 (printed out bar code for I864)

Mailed I864 7/25/2008

Hard copy received DS-3032, AOS fee bill: 7/26/2008

Mailed DS-3032 7/28/2008...cant waste time waiting for the email

NVC received I864 7/28/2008 (per usps)

NVC received DS-3032 7/29/2008 (per usps)

DS-3032 Entered into the system 7/29/08

Paid IV bill fee 7/31/2008

Online payment status PAID 8/1/2008

AVR changed to IV fee bill generated: 8/1/2008

Received Hard copy IV fee bill 8/9/2008

Mailed DS-230 8/12/2008

NVC received DS-230 8/13/2008

DS-230 entered into system: 8/14/2008

Case Completed: 8/25/2008

Peace Out NVC: 09/16/2008

Hello...... Mumbai: 9/19/2008

VFS visit: 9/22/2008

Medical: 9/26/2008

Interview Date 10/01/2008 VISA GRANTED

POE (O'hare) 10/10/2008 :( there goes my freedom......new life begins :)

Applied for SSN: 10/14/2008

Received SSN: 10/23/2008

Got Ohio Permit: 10/31/08, Took the test, Failed. Retest 11/1/08 Failed, Retest 11/4/08 Passed, Got her license, no road test required in Ohio, she had international license!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.