w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Understanding Immigration with Gumballs (YouTube)

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
ohnoes we are going to turn into the french!

pretty soon we will all be forced to wear berets and eat croissants and have sex with our pets!

I gots me 2 out of 3 already! I don't like croissants.

:lol::lol::lol:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ohnoes we are going to turn into the french!

pretty soon we will all be forced to wear berets and eat croissants and have sex with our pets!

You forgot to mention that we'll also all be wearing black and white striped shirts, chomp garlic and go "hawhee-hawhee-haw" ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
The ultra-liberal Americans for Democratic Action, the ACLU and the National Lawyers Guild joined the chorus. Further, the Communist Party USA supported higher immigration on the grounds that it destabilizes working Americans.

wow, they left out the weatherman/.//and the sds.....biased..the gop has a large role in the current mess..bush..mccain..obama and the dems. share the same views.

I think its all self-explanatory. The corporations and the ethno-centric lobby that controls Congress are to blame. Get that! An ethno-centric lobby that CONTROLS Congress.

Give us all a break! Do I have to explain everything to you? Can't you figure anything out on your own? Great sarcasm though. I love it.

We have had back to back elections that have been razor close. The present election looks the same with single digit fluctuations one way or another. Unfortunately some of the clowns in congress think that pandering to the 5% of the electorate that is Hispanic will put them over the top. Hence that idiot Obama proclaims that Hispanics will decide the election. Both McShame and Obama have put on knee pads and met with La Raza on more than one occassion to pander to them with promises of mass illegal alien amnesty. Screw the 95% of the electorate that ain't Hispanic. Of course we already know Obama has 94%+ of the black vote. No surprise there. Whites are divided between libs and conservatives (aka: Dem & GoP). Ever wonder why the Dems push so hard for amnesty with a path to citizenship and the GoP pushes for guest workers? Cheap votes vs cheap labor is the answer. If you can't convert the natives, just import more votes to push yourself over the top. If the serfs won't work for what we want them to work for we'll import more cheap labor. The cheap labor of the GoP will come back to cut their throat and their union busting corporate patrons. McShame thinks he can sway Hispanics, but he can't. His feeble attempts at pandering to the illegal alien cheerleading squad by jumping in bed with that idiot Kennedy is for naught. He's just too stupid to see it.

Apparently both the Dems and McShame think there is gold in them there hills of illegal aliens. After all there is 20+? million of them and growing every day.

And the gumballs in the YouTube clip keep multiplying. Ater all, what's another 100+ million added to the US population from inaction and malfeasance by our government? It's all about money and power for the 1% that own America and the 9% that run it for them. The other 90% are forced to ride in the back of the bus and accept it. That's life on the plantation. The pool of serfs just keeps getting bigger. More serfs=cheaper labor and cheaper votes.

The morons of both parties that run this country could care less about the American people. They play their stupid games in DC and think the country is all about them. It ain't. The American people should shoot the whole lot of them and start over from scratch.

The 2008 election will change nothing but the goofy faces on the TV screen.

This ain't the America I grew up in and it's not what my dad and uncles fought for in WW2.

Signed,

Busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted in 2008

Maybe I'll just sit this one out on the fence and laugh. But the joke will, unfortunately, be on us. ;)

If you can tell its sarcasm, it means you understand I don't need an explanation. Unless of course you didn't catch that. ;)

The candidates are pandering for votes- that shouldn't be a big surprise at all. How it becomes a controlling factor of Congress is really beyond anyone of us here.

Nevertheless you did a pretty good job of explaining the scenario. I congratulate you. Seriously.

And yes, we do deserve those faces we vote for.

One has to ask who Peejay votes for, he's sounding incredibly like a communist in that post.

I don't agree with a lot of what he wrote there but I do think he wrote it well. At least I enjoyed reading it.

It was an excellent post.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So this morning I heard that minorities will be the majority by the year 2050. I bet the white, republican elderly nearly crapped their pants when they saw this.

That's a pretty neat graph this guy has there with all the red and the green. I wonder what it looked like back in say the early 1800 with the green representing the Native Americans and the red every European fool and their mother who came here looking for a better life. It would look twice as big, I'm sure.

Diana

Yeah...we can all rejoice that America will become a third world sewer via third world population rates. You'll feel right at home again. You can take the girl out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the girl. Misery loves company, right? I hope you love it.

Your white elderly Republicans will be long dead in their graves when the rotten fruit of these present day policies ripen.

Aaaaaand there you go ruining your last post with seemingly racist epithets.

So this morning I heard that minorities will be the majority by the year 2050. I bet the white, republican elderly nearly crapped their pants when they saw this.

That's a pretty neat graph this guy has there with all the red and the green. I wonder what it looked like back in say the early 1800 with the green representing the Native Americans and the red every European fool and their mother who came here looking for a better life. It would look twice as big, I'm sure.

Diana

Yeah...we can all rejoice that America will become a third world sewer via third world population rates. You'll feel right at home again. You can take the girl out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the girl. Misery loves company, right? I hope you love it.

Your white elderly Republicans will be long dead in their graves when the rotten fruit of these present day policies ripen.

That's about the most ridiculous things you've ever posted. The U.S. will never become a Third World Country...good grief, peejay...and you talk about others being anti-American?

Well we are in direct economic competition with rising world powers like China and India, to whom we long ago sold off a good chunk of our manufacturing sector to. A decline of some sort is inevitable - happened with the British and the French.

And it becomes the fault of South Americans. I smell a rat. Again.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

The majority of ethnic ghettos I have been to/past in America are predominately South American areas. That is the reality..

Maybe you can fly down, with Steven, so we can go for a drive in the DC area.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline

I will be in DC for about 36 hours later this month.

Which part of DC do I need to go to?

The only ghettos I've seen in DC (and I've been there a lot) have been inhabited by people born and raised in the US of A.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I will be in DC for about 36 hours later this month.

Which part of DC do I need to go to?

The only ghettos I've seen in DC (and I've been there a lot) have been inhabited by people born and raised in the US of A.

DC area.. Which includes Virginia and Maryland.

You can start buy going about 2 miles down the road from the USCIS office, near Mt Vernon..

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Diana

Aaaaaand there you go ruining your last post with seemingly racist epithets.

Diana

That's about the most ridiculous things you've ever posted. The U.S. will never become a Third World Country...good grief, peejay...and you talk about others being anti-American?

Well we are in direct economic competition with rising world powers like China and India, to whom we long ago sold off a good chunk of our manufacturing sector to. A decline of some sort is inevitable - happened with the British and the French.

Pretty much every country has its deprived and slum areas resulting from economic disparities. Illegal immigration does play *a* part in that - but certainly not the only one, given that it isn't only immigrant groups who make up the lowest level of the socio-economic strata.

Not all immigrants groups are the same or integrate at the same speed or level. Suggesting otherwise goes against cultural and ethnic differences. Someone who lived in slums back home is simply not to move here and change. Especially not when they tend to move to areas where they stick to their own kind.

In this PC world we are falsely made to believe everyone is equal. That everyone thinks and behaves in the same way, which is not the case. For example, a woman from Ethiopia is less likely to integrate as quickly and easily as a women from Denmark.

Edited by Aficionado

Timeline
Not all immigrants groups are the same or integrate at the same speed or level. Suggesting otherwise goes against cultural and ethnic differences. Someone who lived in slums back home is simply not to move here and change. Especially not when they tend to move to areas where they stick to their own kind.

In this PC world we are falsely made to believe everyone is equal. That everyone thinks and behaves in the same way, which is not the case. For example, a woman from Ethiopia is less likely to integrate as quickly and easily as a women from Denmark.

according to your theory then, I shouldn't be working where I work now, just because 90% of hispanics still do construction or physical jobs.. and I think I'm hell of integrated..

plus, what do u define as integration? speaking the language, doing what the locals do? stop watching my country's tv?

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Timeline

I think integration depends more on the background of a person than the nationality..

there are several people here with college and further education, if you're nationality traits would be true, then these nationalities would be working in lower positions or some other jobs..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

according to your theory then, I shouldn't be working where I work now, just because 90% of hispanics still do construction or physical jobs.. and I think I'm hell of integrated..

plus, what do u define as integration? speaking the language, doing what the locals do? stop watching my country's tv?

I think you forget that most of us are actually immigrants. On top of that both of my parents were immigrants. So I would say I have a pretty good idea about immigration.

Yes immigration is about actually trying to assimilate into the country you have chosen to move to. Learning the language is a start and does not seem to be an issue for most other ethnicities. Associating with people outside your own ethnicity is also another way to integrate. Try learning the culture of the country you have migrated to etc. The list goes on and on and is probably common sense for most.

Timeline
I think integration depends more on the background of a person than the nationality..

there are several people here with college and further education, if you're nationality traits would be true, then these nationalities would be working in lower positions or some other jobs..

Yep. Every country has its "walks of life".

There's no nation of binmen after all ;)

I was raised in a community with a large number of immigrants. The difference is that we actually took a lot of pride in our homes; In our community. Whereas I have seen a lot of predominantly South American communities in America which are just trashed and run down. Yet strangely enough I see people driving in Hummers and worked up civics. I simply do not buy this we have no money ####### because anyone can go to walmart and by a can of paint. Anyone can pick up after themselves or put trash in a bin rather than throwing it down.