ssgtam08

USA vs China girls Gymnastics

34 posts in this topic

I think the issue was the girls should not be allowed to compete because the minimum age for this olympics is 16 in gymnastics

Can I correct that slightly. They have to be 16 in the year the Olympics are held. One of the Chinese girls is actually 15 but will be 16 later this year.

They won because on the day they were the best.

I know that - but there was (apparently) paperwork from other competitions suggesting they were as young as 14. The gap of 2 years is huge in womens gymnastics.

I wouldn't deny the Chinese team were better - the US girls did not deserve to win with those mistakes.

yeah. China cheated.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I agree with many of you -- there were several Chinese gymnasts that didn't look 16. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if this was the case. Even regardless of this likely cheating the age limit, I wouldn't be too hard on the USA team. Keep in mind that they had last minute injuries that kept one girl completely from competition and another only could participate in uneven bars. They send 6 to allow for the best in each event to perform, so the team really had extra pressure.

I saw a lot of big mistakes in both teams, tbh, and the overall performance wasn't that great compared to previous years. Not many clean routines, lots of falls, bobbles, and stepping out of bounds. Lots of nerves all around. Really, I was surprised at it all, and I've followed women's gymnastics closely all my life.

Oh well, I've got to watch some smashing good men's gymnastics to make up for it. :)

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Whether they were 16 or not they were awsome and they really deserve GOLD!!! It was painfull to see USA get silver, but definetly China deserve what they got!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Nicaragua

Marriage : 2008-02-21

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-04-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-10

NVC Received : 2008-07-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-07-21

Pay I-864 Bill AND Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-07-22

IV Payment Online: 2008-07-30

Sent Completed I-864 and DS230: 2008-08-01

DS230 and I864 entered to the system:2008-08-06

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-08-14 //// 35 days! /// Not bad!

Medical Exam: 2008-09-18

Interview Date : 2008-10-08

Visa Received : 2008-10-16

US Entry : 2008-10-18 POE: Houston

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2010-07-16

NOA Date : 2010-07-20

Biometrics Taken: 2010-07-29

RFE 2010/10/12

RFE Respond 2010/11/05

Aproverd: 2010/11/23

Card Received: 2010/11/27

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Exactly. Don't try to find excuses...just admit that the Chinese performed superbly. I could care less how old they are, they are awesome. We choked, plain and simple. Suck it up and move on.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I heard on CNN that many of the girl are taken from their parents at a very young fragile age and the and their coaches are with them from as young as 3-year old. I couldn't imagine giving my 3-year old son over to trainers and only seeing him once or twice a year.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

china won...and needed no help from anybody

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I heard on CNN that many of the girl are taken from their parents at a very young fragile age and the and their coaches are with them from as young as 3-year old. I couldn't imagine giving my 3-year old son over to trainers and only seeing him once or twice a year.

if you were chinese you'd not have a choice.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I didn't realize that younger gymnasts were considered to have such a distinct advantage. If that's the case, then China very likely cheated. The Chinese gymnasts were fantastic, it's true, but if even a couple of those girls were as young as they looked, and being 13 or 14 as opposed to 16 is a significant advantage, it was clearly an unfair competition. If some of the U.S.'s best 13- or 14-year-olds could have competed, the outcome may have been different.

The all-around should be good...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Whether they were 16 or not they were awsome and they really deserve GOLD!!! It was painfull to see USA get silver, but definetly China deserve what they got!!

There's a reason why the minimum age is 16, just like there's a reason why steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are prohibited. If we competed with an underage team maybe we'd have beaten their underage team. But we played by the rules, they didn't.

The Chinese cheated and their gold should be stripped just like Ben Johnson's and Marion Jones' were.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

There's a reason why the minimum age is 16, just like there's a reason why steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are prohibited. If we competed with an underage team maybe we'd have beaten their underage team. But we played by the rules, they didn't.

The Chinese cheated and their gold should be stripped just like Ben Johnson's and Marion Jones' were.

Yup. China cheated.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
china won...and needed no help from anybody

Nope. Look at our performances....teh suk

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

There is an advantage to being underage. Of course hating America overrides this.... :rolleyes:

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Well one of the "best" chinese just fell on her booty on the vault...so...I'm thinking USA could get gold tonight..with another USA silver or bronze..or Chinese..and I think that Rumanian girl may have a shot at something.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Wow! Liukin, Johnson, gold, silver. How fantastic! :dance:

Too bad I fell asleep! :angry: All the good stuff is on so late!

i saw them compete last night, they were very good..

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif