w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Making fun of people because they're ugly

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So I take it general consensus exists that making fun of people for the way they look is not acceptable.

Ok, I can dig it.

But what about making fun of people for being stupid? Or uneducated? Or having a weird accent? Or mispronouncing words?

Or for not being able to spell? Or for living in a certain state? Or for having a particular job?

Are those ok?

If so, why?

Everything has context. I'm sure most of us have looked at someone that we thought was unattractive and thought to ourselves, "Damn! She/he is ugly!" But there's a line that gets crossed somewhere...not sure where that line is though.

the line is crossed when you go up to the person and say "dang, you're ugly"

I had someone do that to me the other day in a chat room I am a mod in... I was just telling them something they shouldn't be doing, and he was argumentative and then he said "dang, I just looked at your profile and you are effing ugly, I am not listening to you" :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it general consensus exists that making fun of people for the way they look is not acceptable.

Ok, I can dig it.

But what about making fun of people for being stupid? Or uneducated? Or having a weird accent? Or mispronouncing words?

Or for not being able to spell? Or for living in a certain state? Or for having a particular job?

Are those ok?

If so, why?

Everything has context. I'm sure most of us have looked at someone that we thought was unattractive and thought to ourselves, "Damn! She/he is ugly!" But there's a line that gets crossed somewhere...not sure where that line is though.

i think, there is allot of people, who ahve been beaten down by life and mainly, others due to being born unattractive...some of my clients are in therapy, for low self-esteem, due to their looks, both male and female....sadly, in this society..the outer shell is more importnat than the inner person////cause a pretty face don't make a pretty heart...no charge..dr. dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, I can dig it.

Are those ok?

If so, why?

Me???? Think that someone is ugly???? NEVER!!!! :whistle:

Oh come on now. If we can say, this person is attractive or that person is beautiful, we can certainly find someon unattractive...and what I mean, unattractive - it could be the way they dress, their hairstyle, how they carry themselves, etc...not just their face or body.

sister len, may think it..but she would never tell someone that..cause she is sweet as tueplo honey...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Ok, I can dig it.

Are those ok?

If so, why?

I had someone do that to me the other day in a chat room I am a mod in... I was just telling them something they shouldn't be doing, and he was argumentative and then he said "dang, I just looked at your profile and you are effing ugly, I am not listening to you" :P

wow I hope you banned his ### :lol:

####### is "ugly" anyway?

Edited by Welshcookie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I could never tell someone they are ugly, i just dont think its my place to tell them that :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

Ok, I can dig it.

Are those ok?

If so, why?

wow I hope banned his ### :lol:

####### is "ugly" anyway?

I don't have the power to ban in that room, just kick people out... I try and not kick people out for picking on me.. but after the guy said that one of the other mods booted him out :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Make fun of me.

2vj5zm1.jpg

I'm noticing a dependence on ill-fitting cotton fabrics, but you certainly have potential.

I think a bod-hugging leisure suit of polyester would look hawt. Show off your fit physique!

Also, the backwards baseball cap on a male over the age of 10 should be a civil offense punishable by a fine.

It looks like you have nice carpeting and furniture.

A big thumbs up on the carpeting. I don't see the t shirt thing. I mean, I don't walk around and see a guy in a cheap t shirt and think "wow, he's hot". The chain, gotta go...seriously! You just aren't bad azz material. Definitely not my type, but I am sure his wife likes him.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Ok, I can dig it.

Are those ok?

If so, why?

i think, there is allot of people, who ahve been beaten down by life and mainly, others due to being born unattractive...some of my clients are in therapy, for low self-esteem, due to their looks, both male and female....sadly, in this society..the outer shell is more importnat than the inner person////cause a pretty face don't make a pretty heart...no charge..dr. dean

I understand and agree. I'd say that most of us have experienced being the ugly duckling at least once in our lives and it's not necessarily whether someone is truly hideous physically, but how they carry themselves, even a reflection of their social skills. I have an older brother who was always socially awkward and because of that, he got picked on and made fun of. I think the best defense against being made fun of is for kids to really learn social skills, especially at a young age.

Timeline

my dad jokingly picked on me my whole childhood.. he didn't really mean it but it still hurt...

like he used to call me skinny mini miller ..

oh and I remember this one time actually not that long ago... we were eating dinner and my mom's gravy is the bomb and I just said," I like gravy" and my dad said, "you can tell" :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ok, I can dig it.

Are those ok?

If so, why?

I wholeheartedly agree. A very cruel and socially retarded thing to say.

...and that guy's an a$$hole with issues of his own insecurity. Sorry for that, Marilyn. :luv:(F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I remember once, when I was a teenager. I was in the car full of both guys and girls. There was a large lady jogging, and was horribly out of breath. The guys in the car made some extremely rude remarks and I just couldn't help myself. I belted out that at least she was working to improve herself, and that you dogs will always be dogs. Lets just say I didn't hang with that group any longer.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
my dad jokingly picked on me my whole childhood.. he didn't really mean it but it still hurt...

like he used to call me skinny mini miller ..

oh and I remember this one time actually not that long ago... we were eating dinner and my mom's gravy is the bomb and I just said," I like gravy" and my dad said, "you can tell" :(

:( Oh my gosh... what a callous thing to say.