dylanator

hello i'm new here

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so, i met my fiancee while he was working here in venezuela where i am from... i had just separated my exhusband and the divorce took forever... i just recently got the divorce papers... we were living together and actually moving to taiwan when we got pregnant... everybody in my family and his went nuts because it was the first grandson and everybody wanted us to stay in america.... since i didn't have the divorce papers then i decided to go back to graduate school in the us and applied for an F1 visa from there... i got denied the first time and went to the state department where we live and asked what shall we do... they said there were no grounds for denial so i should just apply again i apply again with an extension and i get denied for the second time... after i applied the second time my 6 months period as a tourist expired and i waited 3 months for the second response/// so i decided to leave the us to come back to venezuela and sign my divorce papers so we could get married and apply for the resident visa... we decided to put money on a lawyer who suggested that the best option for us was to get a fiancee visa that will take 6 months to process... my baby is just 7 months and it will kill us if he cannot see his father... is there something i can do to DCF in venezuela even though my fiancee lives in america and so did i until last week? the school he worked at never bothered to get him a work visa so he wasn't a legal resident although he lived and worked here for 9+ months... will they consider the fact that we are a family and accept out application? does anybody has any experience with this? we're loosing our minds here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
so, i met my fiancee while he was working here in venezuela where i am from... i had just separated my exhusband and the divorce took forever... i just recently got the divorce papers... we were living together and actually moving to taiwan when we got pregnant... everybody in my family and his went nuts because it was the first grandson and everybody wanted us to stay in america.... since i didn't have the divorce papers then i decided to go back to graduate school in the us and applied for an F1 visa from there... i got denied the first time and went to the state department where we live and asked what shall we do... they said there were no grounds for denial so i should just apply again i apply again with an extension and i get denied for the second time... after i applied the second time my 6 months period as a tourist expired and i waited 3 months for the second response/// so i decided to leave the us to come back to venezuela and sign my divorce papers so we could get married and apply for the resident visa... we decided to put money on a lawyer who suggested that the best option for us was to get a fiancee visa that will take 6 months to process... my baby is just 7 months and it will kill us if he cannot see his father... is there something i can do to DCF in venezuela even though my fiancee lives in america and so did i until last week? the school he worked at never bothered to get him a work visa so he wasn't a legal resident although he lived and worked here for 9+ months... will they consider the fact that we are a family and accept out application? does anybody has any experience with this? we're loosing our minds here

You will need to file just like everyone else. There are many people in your situation also. just be patient

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

OMG these people are just insensitive then! how can they keep families apart? i wouldn't mind if i was by myself but 6 months is like my son's entire life! there was a paragraph that said that you could file if there was an infant child who would be left without a caregiver... if i stay here i have to start working to be able to support myself and that would leave my baby without a caregiver...

As much as you may feel your situation is unique, it is not. You will need to file like thousands of others and wait for approval like thousands of others and wait for an interview like thousands of others. You are not the first or the last that is waiting with a newborn child. You are not the first or the last that has to work to support themselves and their offspring. The immigration laws are not insensitive to families, but there are thousands of applications backlogged ahead of yours that deserve to be processed too and that takes time. The sooner you accept your situation and a petition is filed, the sooner you will get your turn in line. I'm not being mean--I'm being realistic.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
OMG these people are just insensitive then! how can they keep families apart? i wouldn't mind if i was by myself but 6 months is like my son's entire life! there was a paragraph that said that you could file if there was an infant child who would be left without a caregiver... if i stay here i have to start working to be able to support myself and that would leave my baby without a caregiver...

Marrying or getting married to a foreign spouse is a choice you made, along with any ramifications associated with that choice.... Long delays are simply the nature of the current environment we live in....

YMMV

So many others understand what you feel and would like to give you support because what you are in is what they are or were also in, but there doesn't seem to be many options for you. So... let's face the reality. You need to be calm and patient for your baby and fiance. 6 months is a long time for all of your family, but your fiance can always fly to Venezuela and see his son. Try to find ways to be together in Venezuela while waiting for K1.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

would any of you recommend that i travel to the us while we apply? i still have my tourist visa but we're scared that since i waited for the decision on the student visa 90 days past my date of departure they will stop me getting in and put me to jail/ has any of you traveled to the us on a tourist visa while applying for the fiancee visa?

It really depends on the immigrationi officer at the port of entry.

While many K1 applicants didn't have any problems getting in,

some others were denied entry or had to answer tons of mean questions in a separate immigration room at POE.

If I were you, I wouldn't take a risk of ruining the whole K1 process.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's your choice, but I wouldn't risk it either. Imagine how you'd feel if you paid for the tickets, and then were stuck at the POE with your baby in some detention center with no food or place to sleep, then were sent directly back to Venezuela?

I know this doesn't help right now, but someday this will make a good story to tell your baby, and you can show your child how hard you and your husband worked to be together. :) He can visit you in Venezuela, can't he?

Deep breath, take it a step at a time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.